“The Second Visit Was As Good As The First” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cambria hotel & suites

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Cambria hotel & suites
Ranked #18 of 61 Hotels in Madison
Duluth, Minnesota
“The Second Visit Was As Good As The First”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I'd stayed at the Cambria Suites last year when I came to Madison for the Farmer's Market/Art Fair. I had offered to pay for the hotel for a friend who was going with, and the Cambria had enough 'positive' customer reviews and a low enough cost to make it the obvious choice for us.

The pool was tiny, but the room was beautiful and very, very clean.

So this year when my partner and I decided to take a few days away and relax, the obvious choice was to pick the Cambria again....and it was just as good the second time as the first.

We were a little worried because there was a high-school softball tournament and the hotel lobby was filled with kids...but the front desk folks put us on the 5th floor, with the majority of the kids on lower floors. We didn't hear a single peep from anyone the whole weekend.

The only complaint I have is that they charge $10 for breakfast per person. I know it's not a huge amount of money, but we had two of us that stayed there for 5 days...that's an additional $100. Of course, all the rooms have kitchen areas, so we just bought a bunch of stuff at the HyVee (and then at the Farmer's market) and made most meals in the room.

I will absolutely, positively stay at this Cambria again the next time we go to Madison.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
It sounds like you had a wonderful time here in Madison. The Farmers Market has always been a favorite of mine. It is so much fun to walk around the Capital Square and sample all the great food each Saturday morning. Madison has so many things to offer when you need some time to relax and getaway. Thank you for staying with us! -Dave Monte

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Carol Stream, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel stay was very pleasant. The accommodations were very comfortable and the staff was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The breakfast buffet was loaded with good food *the best biscuits ever* and the lobby very nicely appointed. I can't say enough good stuff about this place and look forward to our next stay.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
I truly appreciate you taking the time to review our property. It is so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Your wonderful comments will be shared with the entire staff. We can't wait for your return! -Dave Monte
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel is fairly new...I'm guessing 3 years old or less. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. I stayed with my wife and son in a 1 BR unit with a fold out sofa bed. The king bed in the BR was very comfortable and the room very large....almost unnecessarily large, but nice. The bathroom was huge with cool, modern fixtures. A very nice property overall. They have a nice lobby with good food choices. My only gripe is the quality of the sleeper bed. The mattress is very flimsy...you could feel springs through it. Fortunately my son is not too choosy...but even he pointed out the poor mattress. Otherwise, a fantastic value. My room was $119, I believe. I've stayed in hotels costing three times this amount that were not as nice. If you are wanting access to UW

Room Tip: Perfect property if you don't need to be close to UW-Madison. I think they do offer shuttles on...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dccarter1
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for staying with us! We are happy to have the opportunity to serve you. Our hotel is a newer hotel in the American Family Business Park. We are very proud of the hotel and our team wants to exceed everyone's expectations. Please visit us again! -Dave Monte
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was a very nice hotel. I always look for a hotel that was clean and has friendly staff and this hotel had both. The only downside to the hotel would be the breakfast. It was disappointing the hotel didn't offer a free breakfast, even a continental breakfast would be good. They offered a breakfast for $9.50; I wouldn't have paid $.50 for it. The choices were that of a hotel continental breakfast. Even though this is a nice hotel, because of the lack of a free breakfast, I will probably choose a different hotel in the future when I am staying in the Madison area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. The Reflect restaurant offers many different choices for breakfast. You can order off our menu or take part in the all you can eat breakfast buffet. There is something for everyone! Thanks again! -Dave Monte
Andover, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had such a GREAT experience at this location. Such a friendly staff, GREAT breakfast...the room was clean and very comfortable...it was such a great experience...I have never taken the time to actually do a full review...but felt compelled to this time! If you are staying in Madison...don't pass up the experience to stay at Cambria Suites!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Please accept my sincere thanks for your wonderful review. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We can't wait to have you back when your travels bring you back to Madison. -Dave Monte
Ripon, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed at Cambria Suites for the first time. It was a great experience. Friendly staff, great breakfast food. The pool and hot tub were relaxing. The location was good. It is about 10-15 minutes from downtown, which was great. We had fun doing the city things and then headed back to the hotel to relax. Thanks for an awesome time Cambria Suites.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your business! -Dave Monte
Marinette, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed at a Cambria Suites for the first time six years ago and have been eager to return to another hotel in the same chain but in a different location. We did that and were not disappointed.

We stayed at Cambria Suites near Interstate 90 in Madison on two recent occasions. The first time, on a busy Friday, checkout was fast and friendly. The second time, a week later on a very quiet Sunday, there was no one at the front desk when we arrived. We waited for 6-7 minutes, then called the hotel from our cell phone. The clerk who arrived to check us in – Casey - was very courteous and apologetic.

On our first visit we had a huge corner suite overlooking a pond: we enjoyed watching ducks, geese, a heron and an otter as well as many different varieties of birds. True, traffic from the Interstate is noisy, but it is a kind of white noise that did not keep us from sleeping or relaxing. On our second visit, we were given a smaller suite with a partial view of the pond. Still, very satisfactory.

Both rooms were clean, the king-size bed was comfortable and the bathroom was well appointed. There is a mini-fridge and a small microwave and coffeemaker. I could see spending several days here, just to get away from it all. I lived in Madison for a decade, and return frequently, but this was my first stay away from campus and downtown. It’s a different world out here. If you are a shopper, you may enjoy the nearby Costco and Target, both to the northeast of the hotel and East Town Mall on the other side of the Interstate to the east. You are close to Sun Prairie, a small-town suburb of Madison.

We found the wireless Internet service easy to access and reliable.

The only problem we encountered on our first visit was that the coffee pot had not been emptied or washed from the previous guest. Mistakes happen, cleaning staff gets distracted and this is a minor issue that is easily remedied. Still, it’s something we had never experienced in a hotel to date.

Then on our second visit, we had to call the front desk because the bathroom in our suite was not stocked with towels. When we arrived, the room was open and unlocked, so more than likely a housekeeper meant to get towels but forgot to bring them. Again, this is something I have never encountered in a hotel before, but stuff happens. It’s how problems are resolved that matters and this was resolved promptly. It was Casey who came to our rescue once again, bringing the towels up himself. He deserves kudos for his kind and courteous service!

The hotel is clean; housekeeping is doing its job in that respect, but it may be that additional training is needed in that area. Not a big deal to me. I would definitely stay here again.

Breakfast is as good or better than most hotels offer; we have no complaints.

I like this hotel and its location, and that made up for a few minor inconveniences. I encourage anyone traveling through Madison to give Cambria Suites a chance.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger, in most cases.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank MimiJWisconsin
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
We are so glad you found us. It has been a pleasure serving you and we want you to know we appreciate your business. I will share your comments with our entire staff so we can continue to improve on the total guest experience. We will see you soon when your travels bring you back to Madison. -Dave Monte