“4 Star stay - 2 Star price”

Cambria hotel & suites
Ranked #17 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Ottawa, Illinois
“4 Star stay - 2 Star price”
Reviewed 4 March 2011

My husband & I were heading up to Madison, WI to do some antiquing over the weekend. So I decided to check hotels.com for a last-minute rate and was SO glad that I did. The site brought up a huge variety of hotels and when I saw what all we got for only $99/night at Cambria Suites, well.... that's all she wrote! lol This was a very nice place - looked brand spanking new (or at least they keep it looking that way!) and very nicely decorated with modern flare. The desk clerk waited on us quickly and we were off to the elevators to go to our suite. The lobby had a "great room" with lots of sofas, TV, chairs, computers for guest use and right next to all that was their bar & restaurant. We didn't partake of the bar or restaurant, but it looked lovely. The room was Awesome!!!! Beautiful coffee bar when you first walk in, complete with fridge & microwave. Modern bathroom with shower/tub and multi-setting shower head (i love when hotels have those!), LOTS of towels, plenty of everything. Then you have a small "living room" with sofa, ottoman and TV mounted on the wall, then the desk - set up complete with all the ports built into the wall for internet, audio, etc., then around the wall is the bedroom - king bed, closet, another TV, dresser, night stands, lamps & alarm clock, again very modern decor. They also had an indoor pool but we forgot our swimming suits. :-( We felt like we were staying at a 4 star hotel and only paid a 2 star price. The only down side was the location, it was in a business park-type area so I'm sure the business travellers realllllly love this place lol. But we were on a roadtrip/adventure kinda trip so going a little out of the way was no big deal to us. All in all, great place to stay! They'll be getting our business again, for sure!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed 3 March 2011

I have spent a great deal of time in Madison and finally found the Cambria Suites. The rooms have always been comfortable, spacious and clean. The beds are very comfortable and I slept as soundly as if I were in my own bed.
The hotel attracts business travellers as well as families and I have never had a problem with noise in the many months I have stayed there. The hotel has definitely felt and has been my home away from home.
The best part of the hotel has been the staff, always friendly and helpful. The managers especially Sudeeth have always been accomodating with arrivals and departures that have been affected by weather when I travel.
The restaurant fare has always been fresh and timely with great flexibility to make changes to the dishes they prepare to suit ones own taste.
I have travelled a great deal and the hotel is very cost effective and comfortable. I would recommend this establishment to anyone in the Madison area.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 February 2011

Stayed one night, first visit. At first glance, the hotels seems very nice. Room was large but not overly spacious and somewhat dark. The king bed was soft, unsupportive and not comfy. The hotel has a nice hottub, but the pool is extremely small so do not expect to use it for more than just standing in. The hotel attracts the type of guest that had no problem walking in the lobby with out shirt or shoes, unattended children abound, very loud hallway noises from kids running and room doors "slamming".

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 January 2011

I chose this hotel because of the ratings, and it met my expectations. A few reasons I gave it top ratings:
1. A manager picked me up at the airport in the shutte for an unscheduled trip. En route back to the hotel in mid-day, I learned the hotel bistro is not open at lunchtime. The driver took me to a restaurant of my choice in the area of the hotel and waited while I picked up a sandwich.
2. Great fitness room. Everything worked, and the room was fitted with every piece of equipment I wanted.
3. Snow resulted in a flight cancelation, and when I returned for a second night, the staff remembered my name before I could give it.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
STL
Reviewed 20 January 2011

I've been traveling on business for 20 years. I have come to expect a certain level of service. This hotel has exceeded my expectations over multiple stays. The facility is rather nice - the rooms are comfortable and the technology (internet, tv, heating units) are easy to use. Above all, though, the service and personal care is exceptional. Every staff member I have encountered has been pleasant and accommodating. The server at the Puck bistro remembered what I ordered in my previous stay - two months prior! The shuttle driver was pleasant, prompt, and helpful. Day or night, every manager on duty was accommodating and pleasant. Although I would love more of the trappings of a bigger hotel (e.g., bigger restaurant, beer on tap, etc), these amenities are not nearly as important to me as being treated nicely by fellow humans. This hotel makes me feel valued as a customer, and that weighs heavily for me when traveling on business.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 January 2011

We went to Cambria Suites because we just wanted to get away for the night on New Year's Eve. We had 2 adults and 4 teenage girls, and were very happy with the room accomodations. There was plenty of room for all of us with 2 king size beds and one pull-out sleeper sofa. The hotel was beautifully decorated, from our room to the lounge area downstairs. The girls loved the fitness center and spent a lot of time there. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Cincinnati
Reviewed 28 December 2010

From our initial meeting, the staff was thoroughly friendly and gracious. We toured the facility which was upscale and immaculate. The rooms are spacious suites that offer several possibilities for guests compared to a typical hotel room. The details of the event were then planned by phone and email. The staff attended to every detail, helping us create menus, bar selections, rooms, and transportation. Their pricing was appreciably generous.
We held the rehearsal dinner in the Cambria Suites lobby bar/restaurant on Friday night. The management and staff were superb. The manager Susan went out of her way to make sure the entire staff was well prepared for the event, stayed on site for the dinner, and nothing we could ask for was too much! Many guests commented how impressed they were. We provided some entertainment and the hotel helped to set up speakers and laptop hookup, making sure that everything ran perfectly. Food and drinks flowed and our guests could not have been happier. The chef did a fantastic gourmet pizza dinner, and Laura was on-site on our arrival making sure everything with the event and food was perfectly executed! The bartenders April and Tim were a true asset to the party, with their friendly demeanor and 24 hour shifts, they provided everything from bar service at night, to the perfect cappuccino in the morning always with a smile and an eagerness to please.
The venue was a perfect combination of comfort and convenience as virtually everyone was from out of town and stayed at the Cambria.
The lobby breakfast and coffee bar in the morning and the lobby throughout the day provided a great environment for hanging out with family and friends.
The hotel shuttle helped guests back and forth to the airport, and all the front desk staff went out of their way to help provide guests with information on activities in the area and helping with transportation and directions.

The true show of the tremendous service, really shined through when we were hit with one of the biggest snowstorms in December. The staff rallied all their efforts to help accommodate those who were unable to get out, and 24 hour computer networking, helping as much as they could to provide updated information on travel conditions.
We unhesitatingly recommend the Madison Cambria Suites for a night, a weekend, and especially for an event there. The facility is fantastic, the staff very hard working and friendly, and the management professional and a joy to work with.

Stayed December 2010