“Busy little place!”

Ranked #22 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Charleston, South Carolina
“Busy little place!”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

The hotel is conveniently just minutes from the airport. We arrived the morning after we were scheduled to arrive. Our flight into Madison was cancelled. I called ahead to have the hotel hold our room, and they did. We checked in around 9 a.m., napped for an hour, showered, and left for the day at 11 a.m. We arrived back at 11 pm to find our room to find our room had not been tidied. I called the desk, and someone arrived in minutes with fresh towels and toiletries. We had no problems after that. The free breakfast is a combination of hot and cold foods. The protein choices are scrambled eggs and boiled eggs. The coffee is great and is served all day in the lobby. Yay!. Our room was quiet and the bed very comfortable. A chair is placed too close to the corner of the sofa and the hall, and I kept tripping over a chair leg. But there is no other place to put the chair. Internet service is free. Business service with free printer capablity is free and worked just fine. The daily newspaper is not free which surprised me as I have stayed at several Fairfield Inns across the country, and I was never charged for a paper. The staff were all very friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Try a suite if you don't want double beds.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
jryanffis, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison East, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Thank you for staying with us and your feedback. It sounds like you had a fast trip to the Madison area. Please come back again when you have more time to enjoy our city.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I was pleasantly surprised... do not usually stay at Fairfield properties or most Marriott places...

This place is everything you would want in a moderately priced hotel. Room was quiet, everything for the most part worked inside (although the hair dryer was basically worthless), nice amenities in the room, comfortable bed, good ac, good shower (though wished the stream was stronger).... really nice pool area... pool is small but the jacuzzi is quite nice... good jets...

All in all... I rate this one pretty high....

One other point... excellent breakfast ! there is a place to sit outside for breakfast in the nicer weather... it overlooks the highway but hey you can pretend it is the ocean !

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nat d
Thank you for visiting our awesome city. Summers in Madison area wonderful. I especially liked your comments about imagining the ocean view.
Woburn
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Me and my boyfriend were on a road trip 8/24 from Boston,MA to Eagan, MN at 4 in the morning we both got extremely tired and since he is a Marriot employee we stopped at the Fairfield inn.. The outside was beautiful! Once we got inside the guy doing the overnight was not friendly at all.. He barely spoke.. He quickly made our reservation, did not mention what room types were available so we ended up with a room with two double beds and he gave us a room key to 128 I believe the was the room #. When we got to the room we were so tired. I was going to go in the shower and there was hair in the tub.. The whole feel of the room felt like it wasn't cleaned enough.. Thankfully we were only there for a couple hours to get rest! If anyone I know is going to travel I will not recommend this hotel. Fortunately for us we only paid the employee rate.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maryssa123
jryanffis, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison East, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for your great feedback. We strive to be the best. When we drop the ball in any area, we genuinely feel bad. This information allows us to provide additional training for our team. Thank you!
Troy
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel was just gorgeous! Landscaping was kept like an estate, the interior look new decorated in beautiful navy blue and green tones. The rooms were very clean and beds/pillows made for a great night's sleep. The hotel was filled to capacity that night, but it was very quiet. Also a nice view of the area, as it was on a hill at the edge of the city. The free breakfast buffet had a good assortment of hot and cold items. The map made it look like it was going to be a hassle getting off Interstate, but it was not. Front desk people were very helpful and professional. We didn't use the pool, but it was a nice size and looked inviting. They deserve a higher star rating!

Room Tip: I always like higher floors.
Green Features: I would say they advocate for the practices of an environmentally friendly operation.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us and providing your awesome comments. I will share with our team the positive experience your had during your stay in Madison.
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel from the outside and in. Breakfast was great. Only issue was the oatmeal was very dry. Lots of food to choose from. Nice pool area, the kids really enjoyed themselves. Bed and pillows were so comfortable. Really great stay, will recommend! One thing I do suggest is that they change their policy on paying cash at check-in. I understand when you pay cash ck-in that you need a cc/ debit card on file, but we weren't able to do that. We ended up putting the initial authorization on our debit card, then paying cash at check out. Unfortunately the amount is not released for days and I had some overdraft fees. I've been to many other hotels that allow you to pay cash at check-in. This really should be an option. (With a card on file for incidentals of course)

Stayed July 2014
NY
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel is located just outside the heart of the city. Very easy to get to. There are a bunch of chain restaurants in the area--TGI Fridays, Uno Chicago Grill, Cracker Barrel. The hotel is located right off the highway. My room had a view of the highway, but it wasn't noisy though.

The lobby is nice and well lit. The front desk was friendly and helpful which seems to be a lovely standard at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. My room here was spotlessly clean. Large bathroom, great size room. King bed. Very comfy bed. Got a great night's sleep here. The AC was good. Kept my room cool. Breakfast included scrambled eggs and biscuits and gravy and every imaginable continental breakfast item. This is a great bang for your buck place. The fitness center was clean and nice.

All and all one of the best places I stayed on my book tour. I'd definitely go back there again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was a good hotel. The pool area was ok, strong chlorine smell. You are within 10 min drive to lots of food options and to the capital. The breakfast area has a nice balcony you can go out on, just make sure you take your room key to get back inside.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family