I always stay in Marriott Hotels and used my free points to book a room at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Madison East. I knew that the hotel would be nice since it is brand new; but this exceeded my expectations! The lobby area is large with a business center area with two computers along with printers and phone. The computers are set up to allow for privacy and the internet is exceptionally fast. The lobby is brightly decorated as is the area for breakfast. There is a flat screen television and there is also a two sided fireplace. The furnishings are very clean lined and modern. The carpeting is bold and interesting. There is a small "market" area to purchase snacks, soda and other items.
I was expecting a basic room, but was upgraded to a King Suite. The bathroom had a black and white tile floor and subway tiled shower. The counter was black granite and there was a pretty lime bowl, lime/black block shower curtain and lime colored print on the wall. In the living area which was divided from the bedroom there was a small solid color sofa sleeper and a single upholstered chair. The chair had an interesting green circle pattern and the area included a desk and desk chair. There was a flat screen television in this area with a stereo system built into the cabinetry. There was also a small bar area with microwave and refrigerator. The bedroom area included a large closet with a solid door and Marriott's signature white bedding. The bed also had a orange accent pillow and a throw in green and orange colors. There was an additional large flat screen in the bedroom area above the dresser and two side tables on either side of the bed. A brightly colored orange bench was also available. The prints, mirror, sconces, accessories and carpeting were all very modern as was the headboard. I also appreciated that some of the walls were painted different colors. The alarm clock had a built in night light. The room could not have been nicer!
Breakfast is complimentary and is typical of a Fairfield breakfast; make your own waffles, hard boiled eggs, doughnuts, bagels, toast, jam, apple and orange juice, cereal, pastries, yogurt, Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches and coffee.
The only recommendation that I would make is that the hotel offer the newspaper. I had to leave the hotel to purchase a newspaper at a gas station about a mile and half away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Madison East is located within one mile of over 150 shops and restaurants and is just a hop, skip and a jump off Interstate 90/94 and the Dane County Regional Airport. The hotel is just minutes from downtown Madison, University of Wisconsin, Kohl Center, Covance, Alliant Energy Center and the Overture Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison East Hotel Madison
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Madison East