“Badger Varsity Band Concert”

Sleep Inn & Suites Madison
Ranked #23 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My wife and I were in Madison to attend the University of Wisconsin Varsity 40th Band Concert. We booked & prepaid in advance for the night at this Sleep Inn and received a great rate/ value for the stay.This hotel is very clean and has a excellent and helpful staff. Du Wayne at the front desk was great with his suggestions for parking locations near the Kohl's Center. He provided perfect directions and a detailed map of the downtown area. We have stayed at this hotel before and plan to stay again when in the Madison area.

Room Tip: Higher floors away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank badgerfan67
Sleep4802, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you so much for the great feedback as we value all comments that come our way so we can make sure our guests stay with us are pleasant & relaxing ones. Have a great day-Thanks, Bruce Dimmig G.M.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I was in Madison for work and found this Sleep Inn. The hotel was very nice. Staff was friendly and the rooms were great. This hotel has all the amenities you would expect to find in pricier hotels, but at a better price. I don't get to Madison often but will definitely stay here again next time I'm in town.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Aaron H
Sleep4802, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Thank you for the nice response-we pride ourselves on making all of our guests experience here with us a pleasant & relaxing one. Hope to see you again soon, Bruce Dimmig G.M.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

From the moment I checked in Monday night 4/21 , it was pleasurable and easy
Your front desk agent was courteous and kind And had an attitude like he loved his job, which I've had many bad experiences with agents not happy with there job.
The Hispanic lady working in the kitchen. In the mornings was very helpful with helping me take my breakfast to my table, and she even hit my drinks for me, this never happens at any Hotels I've stayed at,, 5 stars jus for her alone.!!!!! She also cleaned everything as people were leaving, the dining room area was spotless and even smelled cleaned,,, another 5 star for her.

You have a young lady with short black hair that works the afternoons, she was incredible as well with such great professional attitudes, i don't know what or how you find these employees, but hats off to your. HR manager for such a great group of employees, as well as to the house keeping who has cleaned my room very well, and since I kept forgetting to remove my privacy tag off my door handle, it was your fault at all about them not being able to clean my room.
A few things though that caught jay attention,
1/ your little refrigerator in the room had no control for staying freezing cold, or just cold...I lost some milk and some ice cream bars and some pop that exploded because of that.
2/ I stayed in room 214, and your ceilings are very bad, I mean you can hear the people upstairs in there room banging and jumping on the floor, even in the mornings, they would keep me up all night and in the mornings were crazy... Thin ceilings are bad. For hotels...should be fixed ASAP
3/ I think all employees should smoke across the parking lot if they want to smoke, it's not very nice when your eating in the morning, and you have employees standing outside smoking that has the cigarette smoke inside when the automatic doors open and the wind blows in that smoke, very disgusting, but as the TripAdvisor user and senior advisor for Yelp.com
You guys will get 5 stars in my book by far.
I will be checking in again this Sunday night 4/27

Thank you management for Sleep Inn Hotel

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd floor in order not hear anyone jumping or walking thin ceilings here But great ho...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ryan G

Thank you so much for the feedback as we value all comments-pro or con-to make sure our guests stay here at the Hotel is a positive one. I definitely will address the issues that you had brought up to my staff as we try to portray a professional climate around here but by some of the things you had mentioned is not living up to our standards-Thanks again & hope to see you again soon, Bruce Dimmig G.M.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed here several times and love the fact that it's new construction and it's right on the interstate that leads to Chicago, Wisconsin Dells or Milwaukee.

They have a nice continental breakfast, nice pool area, and the rooms are nice and comfy.

If you want to be in the heart of Madison downtown then this is not the place, you will have to get in your car and drive only a few miles; plus the price of downtown parking, but downtown this is not, you will have to drive to go anywhere from this hotel because it's in an area all by itself and not accessible by walking.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank pcnvovice
Sleep4802, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Good morning-Thank you for your feedback as we take all comments seriously to try and improve our Hotel and the guests experience. Have a great day, Bruce Dimmig G.M.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Clean, open, nice breakfast. It is newer so please keep this up!! Awesome pool for our 3 and 5 yr boys. Front desk when we checked in didn't know directions or much outside of McDonalds for food but was very friendly. I'd stay here again if near the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Sleep4802, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thank you for your review. Glad your boys had fun in the pool. Hope to see you again soon!

Ken Kurt

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Sleep Inn & Suites Madison is legit. Quit rooms - great service at front desk - if a Choice Privileges Memeer, they give you a water/gift - great bed - hot/walk-in shower - clean - great breakfast spread - fun pool (didn't get to use this time, but is great for kids/parents that are kids) - close to main roads

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank hornet2222
Sleep4802, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Ken Kurt

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Stayed here on a business trip and I was very pleased. A little tricky to find, but not really out of the way. Nice staff, quiet room, great bed and VERY nice pool area. On a midweek night I had the pool and hottub for myself. Looks like a great pool for kids with the waterpark-like elements in it. Would not hesitate to stay here again! Thanks Trip Advisor reviewers and Sleep Inn Madison!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SingingOT
Sleep4802, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Good morning-Thanks for your kind review- We pride ourselves here at the Sleep Inn & Suites to provide a pleasant stay so guests like you will pass the word about our property and come back and visit us soon. Thanks, Bruce Dimmig