“not as good as others”

Staybridge Suites Madison East
Ranked #33 of 64 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Overall, my stay was fine, I wouldn't rate this location as high as any of the other Staybridge hotels though. Their parking lot is a pain, you can't drive all the way around the building- you just get around the back or side and suddenly it's a dead end. What I liked least was the bed itself. Usually, Staybridge has upgraded beds and sheets, but I think in this hotel they have items from a Holiday Inn Express, or something that was worse. I had a very flimsy bed, and the bedding was that old, worn out, musty smelling, thin set of sheets and comforter that I could find at any of the old style Holiday Inn Expresses.

The staff was nice, but overall there's nothing else great to say.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
MadisonStaybridgeGM, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Madison East, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am sorry to learn you found your accommodations to be below your expectations for we strive to provide our guests the best possible stay, every time. We have previously identified the issues you noted as areas of concern and because of that, we are undergoing a thorough renovation of all our guest rooms and public areas in December; including flooring, bedding, and all room decor. I would like to thank you again for taking the time to give us your impression of our amenities and guarantee you we are doing our best to remedy the issues you kindly reviewed. I hope we have a future opportunity to welcome you back and give you a better impression; please feel free to contact me directly and let me know if there is anything we can do to accommodate you. Fausto C.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We usually stay at the Homewood Suites when we visit family in Madison, but they were sold out on the dates we needed, so we opted for this hotel instead. What a lovely surprise! The rooms are similar to the Homewood Suites, but the breakfast was much better, in our opinion. The waffles from the self-serve waffle iron and bacon were especially excellent! Although we did not try the food served in the evening reception (Tuesday thru THursday), it smelled delicious and it appeared the guests who did were enjoying themselves. THey also served fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies which looked and smelled wonderful as well. We opted for two very comfy double beds with a pull-out sofa. Nicely equipped kitchen, good linens and towels. Great water pressure in the shower/tub combination. My only complaint is that although they allow pets, they limit the size and we will be unable to return when we bring our two large dogs, and this is where the Homewood Suites has the advantage. The staff was friendly and most helpful as well.

Room Tip: The common room (which is where breakfast is served and includes a large-screen TV) was filled at ni...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank blndgenie
MadisonStaybridgeGM, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Madison East, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are extremely happy to learn you enjoyed your visit, especially the waffles. I am glad you had the opportunity to see how much fun our guests have during our social events even though we would have really liked for you to join us as well. As far as your concern for the pets, we have been known to make exceptions for our exceptional guests. Next time you are in the area don't hesitate to call us and we will do our utmost to accommodate you. Thank you again for your patronage.
Fausto C

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Our stay at this hotel was very pleasant, starting with check in as the front desk staff was very helpful and wanted to see that our stay was flawless. She even called after we checked into our room to be sure everything was up to our expectations. There was an evening reception with food and beverage, and again the staff was very helpful and pleasant. Morning breakfast was also very nice. I have always thought of staybridge as an extended stay hotel, but am happy to know that short stays are also welcome.

Stayed: September 2013
MadisonStaybridgeGM, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Madison East, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to submit a review. Even though our hotel is designed for extended stays, we love having our short term travelers as well. I am glad you experienced great service from our staff, and that you enjoyed our selections for breakfast. We do try to switch the menu daily so our guests don't get bored with their choices. Thanks again for staying with us during your short visit. I hope we get to welcome you again in the future if you return to Madison.
Fausto C.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

We stayed here for 4 days, during a recent family event. It was an excellent home base for us. Very comfortable, providing many conveniences such as; wi fi, cable internet, TV (one in the LR and one in the BR), kitchenette with full sized appliances, minus a stove. It also has a 24 hr snack store, which was fortunate, since my blood sugar took a dive. The breakfasts were delicious and had many choices. The main item changed daily. My daughter liked the hot tub, which was not just luke warm. They also had an indoor swimming pool, open 24hrs.

Room Tip: Due to the fact that this is not just a nightly hotel room, house keeping does just cursory rounds o...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our property. We are all very happy to learn you had enjoyed your stay and that you and your family were able to see us as a "home away from home." We strive every day to project that impression to our guests, and it is great to see we were able to do just that with you. Thanks again for your patronage; we hope to see you back soon.
Fausto C,

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We spent three nights in this hotel and loved it so much that we chose Staybridge Suites in South Bend, as our next home away from home and were just as happy as we were in Madison. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the staff was great, and we appreciated the little "social evenings". The only problem we encountered was with the dryers in the laundry room - it took us 4 hours to dry 2 loads of laundry. Not my idea of a fun way to spend the evening. But overall, a really great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank twoaunties
MadisonStaybridgeGM, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Madison East, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are extremely happy to learn you enjoyed your stay so much that we helped a different Staybridge earn your patronage as well. We have received some negative reviews about our dryers recently and therefore, we have started to replace them. During the next few months we will undergo an extensive renovation in other areas as well in order to improve the quality of the services we provide. We hope you can visit us again in the future and see the improvements. Thanks again for staying with us!
Fausto C.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Upon checking in I was suppose to check in a little earlier than normal, (perks of being a Elite Platinum member) anyway, as I arrived I wasn't greeted nor did they have a room ready for me. I was told to leave and come back at 3:00. I told the front desk staff that I had asked for a early check in because I had a early flight and wanted to start on some work I had for Monday morning.

Anyway after standing at the front for 45 mins I was giving a room, didnt get my bottle of water as a Platinum member and wasnt even told about the hotel since Ive never stayed here before.

Otherwise the hotel is a nice place to stay but asking for the front desk staff to be pleasant and help the customer isnt too much to ask for.

Ive read the other reviews and most of them say the front desk staff are great maybe I the bad one out of the group.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
MadisonStaybridgeGM, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Madison East, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I am truly sorry to learn you experienced poor service at our hotel during your recent visit; I firmly believe that in our industry we don't have an excuse to provide sub par service regardless of the challenges we may experience as operators. I will address your comments with our staff and make sure we work our hardest not to fall short of our guest's expectations in the future. I also read your review through our brand survey system and will make sure to contact you personally to find a way to repair the bad impression we have caused. Thanks again for your patronage. Fausto C.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

I found the Staybridge to be clean, comfortable and spacious. A full kitchen is a huge perk. There is a ton of space in the room - you could never feel cramped. I really liked the complimentary breakfast. They provide a wide variety of food including many healthy options. Staybridge is within walking distance from Pooleys, which is a bar and grill. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We are extremely happy to hear you had a chance to enjoy many of our amenities, and that your recent stay has been quite pleasant. Thanks again for staying with us; we will be looking forward to seeing you again. Fausto C.