“Great Management and Employees, Fun Happy Hour”

Staybridge Suites Madison East
Ranked #33 of 63 Hotels in Madison
“Great Management and Employees, Fun Happy Hour”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Our work team has quarterly staff meetings in Madison, WI, and we love the Staybridge. Great front desk staff, and free dinner Tuesday-Thursday. The general manager Fausto serves guests himself at some happy hours, which is rare to see. During our last stay, our group had a problem with one of the guests harassing some our female team members, and the problem was promptly taken care of by Fausto and the front desk staff. Great hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
MadisonStaybridgeGM, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Madison East, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Caitlin0yay,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to be your team's preferred hotel and to know you all have a great time during your visits. We are looking forward to your next regional meeting so we can show you our renovated rooms and public areas. Thanks again for your continuous patronage. Fausto C.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We made a reservation at this hotel for a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite for one night. We arrived at the hotel later in the evening and they claimed that they did not have our reservation, even tho we had a copy of their emailed reminder! We were traveling with our 3 adult children who had come in from out of state and it was very important to us that we had a suite where we could all be together. They gave us 2 separate rooms thus defeating our reason for staying at a suite hotel! The room for our children had a sofa bed that was broken and not even usable. Our son had to sleep on the couch or the floor!!! When we checked out in the morning my husband advised them of the problems with the sofa bed and their response was... We are sorry for the inconvenience...that's it! We will not stay there again and probably avoid the Staybridge Suites altogether.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SKCJHC
MadisonStaybridgeGM, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Madison East, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear SKCJHC,

I wanted to once again offer my apologies on how our staff managed your reservation and the lack of attentiveness they displayed during your visit. I am glad I was able to speak with you personally and assure you these mistakes are not a recurring theme in our hotel and we will use them as a training opportunity to ensure we do not disappoint another guest in the future.

Thank you for your patronage and for giving me the opportunity to personally listen to your feedback on our hotel and offer you the proper compensation. Please let me know if there is anything we can do in the future to make amends for this unpleasant experience; I hope we can have an opportunity to welcome you and your family again and make the great impression that is characteristic of our hotel. Fausto C.
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The 2 bedroom suite with sleeper sofa is simply the perfect respite after a long day on the road. My wife, myself, 2 teenagers and my beagle were welcomed like old friends by Michelle at the front desk and Fausto, the general manager assisted me with a special request with no hesitation. I recommend not only the staybridge suites chain, but without a doubt this specific location just blew me away. Loved my stay here. Thank you very much

• Stayed May 2014
MadisonStaybridgeGM, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Madison East, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear douglascooke,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to have been able to accommodate you and your family and make your long trip a little easier on you. Our main goal at the Staybridge Suites Madison is to be a home away from home for our visitors and we are glad we could make you feel that way. Thanks again for being a valued IHG Rewards member and for choosing our hotel during your visit to Madison. Fausto C.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I had not stayed at a Staybridge Suites before and was so happy with my experience at this property that I would definitely choose to stay here again. The property was very modern, the rooms were nice and big and I love the option of the kitchen area even if I don't need it. Having the mid-week complimentary Happy Hour (with light food and drinks) was great. The hot breakfast had the standard items, but was all I really needed. I came back from my trip and told several people about how positive my experience was.

1 Thank S P
MadisonStaybridgeGM, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Madison East, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear SP,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are all very excited to have given you a nice surprise, and we are glad you were able to enjoy several of our amenities. You have given us quite a great surprise with your review and we appreciate you spreading the word about our Staybridge Suites Madison. Thank you again for being our guest; we will be looking forward to your next visit. Fausto C.
Marinette, Wisconsin
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This hotel is on top of their game. By far the best customer service I have ever encountered. I stay at hotels 3-4 nights out of the week for business and my top priorities in a hotel stay are:
Comfort/Cleanliness/Customer Service. This hotel tops them all. Often people comment that their stay at a hotel was good for the price. This hotel gives up NOTHING for a reasonable price. That is a difficult combination to achieve. Thank you Staybridge of Madison Eatst.

1 Thank Barbara F
MadisonStaybridgeGM, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Madison East, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Barbara,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and for giving us such a phenomenal one. We are extremely happy you have come back to our Staybridge and that we were able to give you the proper welcome back impression. We strive every day to be a great hotel guests love and it is very rewarding for our staff when we can impress savvy travelers like you. Thanks again for your amazing comments and for making us your brand of choice again; we will be looking forward to your next visit. Fausto C.
Neenah, Wi
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Excellent place to stay. First I was greeted by a great employee Michelle.... thank you Michelle for being such a wonderful and personable hostess and for your map drawing skills to get me where I wanted to go! Next, the room was quiet, very clean and for having a suite with a kitchen area, it was packed with everything a person would need to cook for themselves down to dishwashing detergent!

The morning breakfast is wonderful. You are presented with hot scrambled eggs and sausage patties along with the other usual breakfast items and it is all very well presented. Michelle had also told me that if you stay on certain nights of the week, they offer something to eat much later in the day.... how nice is this!

This is the second time I have stayed at this location and both times it was fantastic. Also when you check in, you get a little surprise which I won't give away here, sorry. If I ever stay in Madison again, I will be staying here. Great staff, loved the room, tasty breakfast and ample FREE parking!. You won't go wrong!

Thanks Staybridge Suites!

Room Tip: It was extremely quiet in the room; the walls must be soundproofed very well and I would think there...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
MadisonStaybridgeGM, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Madison East, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Breaks007,

Thanks for taking the time to write such an amazing and detailed review. We are extremely glad you enjoyed our property so much and that we gave you such a positive impression. We strive to be your home away from home during your visits to Madison and it is very rewarding to know we made that possible for you. We are happy to count you as a member of our Staybridge Suites Madison family and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon. Thank you for spending your time with us again. Fausto C.
Onalaska, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 February 2014

2 Families in a 2 bedroom suite with a full kitchen, breakfast spread everyday and meals/happy hour 3 days a week. 24 hour pool/fitness center access. Convenient location for travel in/out of Madison. The STAFF is EXCELLENT - there is nothing bad to be said about the employees (kudos to whomever makes the decision). We ended up with a delay and had to ask, last minute, about extending the stay - and then had to run out the door to take care of business. Came back 5 hours later called the desk about staying - oh, all taken care of! New keys will be brought right up! If all SB's are up to this standard, they are worth the money.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
MadisonStaybridgeGM, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Madison East, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Dear Smillie Girl,

Thank you for such a fantastic and generous review. We are super happy to know we provided you with everything you needed during your stay and that our staff members were able to make such a great impression on you. Thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit and for the recommendation you have given us. We hope to see you again during your next visit to Madison. Fausto C.