“Scrumptious!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I am the only person in my family that isn't in love with Indian food and so when I first went here I doubted I would eat very much. I had tried what was said to be the mildest dish, butter chicken, at another Indian restaurant and I didn't really enjoy it. At The Nile I tried a dish my Father recommended, the Musagga with Bechamel. I was in heaven! The spices weren't too overpowering and the eggplant was wonderful. I happened to go on a night they had live entertainment, a group called (at the time) Mideast by Midwest with belly dancers. It was such a lovely evening with great food, awesome waitstaff and exceptional performers.

2  Thank RatMomLee

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We have eaten here dozens of time. The wait staff is so nice and laid back. We can always sit wherever. But they are prompt at bringing out drinks and bread to start. Our food usually comes quickly as well. We have tried every single vegetarian entree and they are good but the spinach pie is the best! Crisp, flaky filo dough that is never greasy. Tabbouleh on the side. This is what we keep going back for!

The Turkish coffee is also a nice touch - definitely beats stopping at Starbucks!

Great prices - rent isn't bad on Odana so they pass along that savings. Three restaurants had previously failed here - all Indian food. This one is the winner!

1  Thank Wisconsinite01
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I lived in Egypt, and have been in the Persian Gulf for months. Also, I work with two Egyptians. This place is excellent. The fool, which we used as an appetizer, was superb. (Especially for what in Cairo is street food!) Also, the sharwarma was great. My wife had the Nile chicken, which was great too. This rates as probably the best Arabic food I have ever had.

2  Thank ecdoglover
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We went there based on the reviews on Trip Advisor and could not be any happier! First of all, the ambiance was amazing, the right mood you want in a middle eastern restaurants. The service was very good and quick, and the food was really great.

The Kefta was excellent, chicken kebab was amazing, and the Nile chicken came with a flavorful mix of spices. Will definitely get back next time we are in Madison!

2  Thank Sbcglobe
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Great middle eastern food. mussaga is a special treat (seems related to moussakka) and the baba ganoush is really excellent.

1  Thank drala108

Been to Nile? Share your experiences!