Residence Inn Madison East
Comfort Inn Madison - Downtown(Madison)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$100
US$243
US$213
  • Pool
Super 8 Madison South(Madison)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$248
US$230
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Sheraton Madison Hotel(Madison)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$101
Sheraton.com
Best Western East Towne Suites(Madison)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$85
All reviewsbedroom suiteoatmealstraight shotmini kitchenan upgradehousekeeping staffmodern decornice breakfastthe breakfast areaflat screenthe entire staffwould definitely stay here againhot tubbeds were comfortableclean hotelcomplimentary breakfastbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was impressive in size and amenities. I will be staying here again when in Madison. The only drawback was the location was hard to find in the dark from I-94.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

We stayed at this hotel for only 1 night and my husband and I arrived separately. I had booked a one bed suite, but when I got there the clerk had checked my husband in and we had gotten an upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite with a fireplace and 2 baths. I use a cane and have problems getting into a regular bathtub so she also had us in a room with a roll-in shower. The staff really bent over backwards to make our stay their very comfortable. When we mentioned that the fireplace wasn't working, the maintenance man was there in minutes to fix it. Overall, a great place to stay. Wish we could have stayed longer!

Reviewed 21 March 2013

We (husband and I, and nephew and wife with three kids) visited Madison for the state boys basketball tournament. We have stayed at this location before, and like the property's location, and the comp breakfast. Each of us had a one bedroom suite, and have to say, the recent remodel is a fresh, more contemporary feel. All of the staff that we encountered, was pleasant and helpful, and the property was clean and well presented. The breakfast attendant did a great job of keeping the area clean, and the offerings available. The only down side, was that one of our rooms was located near the rain gutters, and because there happened to be a lot of rain one night in particular, it was very loud. No one's fault, just blamed it on the weather. And when the hotel is full, parking is very cramped.
This property is located near the interstate, the mall, and many restaurants, just a short five minute drive away. We definitely plan to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Let me preface this review by saying that if you're thinking about staying here pay more attention to the most recent reviews first and discard those that are from 5+ years ago. I was on the fence about staying at this hotel for an extended period of time because of some of the bad reviews and because a couple of people I know had stayed here a few years ago and had a lot of complaints. A lot must have changed in the past few years, though.

There are nice aesthetic upgrades throughout. You can still tell it's an older building, the front desk area is small, the elevator is older, and the toilet/shower area is kind of dark and dingy. Still, I gave this place 5 stars to hopefully help even out the overall score that's been brought down by old reviews.

PROS:
- Friendly staff.
- Housekeeping did a good job. They didn't clean our room often because of our schedule, but they left notes every time we had our "do not disturb" sign up to let us know they were there.
- Location. Really close to downtown Madison, with easy access to the Interstate and major roadways.
- Upgrades! This place has a HUGE sofa, too.
- Automatic opening front doors. The first I've seen in a hotel and quite handy for when your arms are full of your luggage.

CONS:
- Parking. It seems to be hit-or-miss. Some nights the lot was almost empty, others you had to either wait for a spot or park at Perkins (boo! I personally expect there to be enough parking when I'm paying to stay at a nice hotel.)
- Small business area. There's only one computer, and if it's taken you have to wait.
- The food. They have 24/7 access to hot water and coffee, as well as some smaller items like juice and yogurt, but that's not enough to redeem them for the sub-par breakfast. Even though I could take my complaining self back to the room and cook some breakfast, the quality of the food left a lot to be desired. We ventured out and tried some of the eggs, breakfast sausages, watered down oatmeal and make-your-own waffles... but the safest bet was cereal or a bagel.

NIT-PICKS:
- Occasionally you can hear some highway noise and sirens, but if you're not a super light sleeper it shouldn't bother you.
- The toilet/shower area was dark and dingy, and seemed a little more crammed than what I'm used to at hotels. It looks like it was forgotten during the update. But, really, who needs a luxurious toilet area?

Overall, would definitely recommend. Cross your fingers for parking and bring some groceries and you'll have a perfect stay.

Room Tip: Request the top floor, it was nice and quiet.
2  Thank Daisy B
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We had the occasion to stay at this hotel during a busy Basketball Tournament weekend - not our reaason for being there - and everything was great! Good breakfast! All staff very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family