“Nice Place!”

Ranked #39 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Milton, Wisconsin
“Nice Place!”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stayed here on for business. As others have said, it is reasonable. I found an internet special for $89.00, so with tax, about $100.00 for a 1 bedroom suite on the pre-pay special. I was NOT recognized as a Marriott rewards member...& my keys weren't activated when I went to my room, so had to have housekeeping let me in. The room was spacious & clean. I was delighted that the room temperature was warm as we are in the "polar vortex" right now. I had asked if breakfast would be ready a little early as I had to leave around 6:30am & they said they thought so. It was, so very pleased to run out the door with a to-go box of scrambled eggs, sausage, fruit & yogurt as well as coffee!! I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room away from the elevator. I was put on the second floor in the far corner...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stayed in this hotel between Dec 11 and 14. I have been in other residence inn hotels. to my surprise, it was not clean (toilet bowl had permanent stains) and room designs were not good. I stayed in 1 BR unit and felt that it was cramped, including restrooms. I would think twice before going there again. However, breakfast was good and staff were very polite and courteous.

Room Tip: No specific suggestions
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Madison East, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear Vedictraveller,
Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that my staff was polite and that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. I would like to apologize that the rest of your stay did not meet your expectations. I appreciate all of your feedback, and hope that the next time you find yourself in the area you will give the Residence Inn Madison East another opportunity to impress you.

April T.
Cedar Rapids, IA
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed here on business and this is very affordable option for east Madison. Hotel is quiet, clean, rooms are large. They have complimentary breakfast everyday and dinner Monday-Thursday. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I stayed here on business for a couple of days. Location was fairly close to the mall and restaurants. The rooms were big and divided by a door to bedroom. The hotel areas had strange size dirrerences like big bedroom and very small bathroom and tub. The hotel was a little musty smelling in the hallways and lacked attention to detail in the last remodeling job. Most of the door looked very cheap compared to the room. This is a good place to stay if you are in town for a week and want to use the kitchenette area. Breakfast was continental and the had a small convience item area. There is a resatuarant accross the street. The pool, spa, and exercise area were well kept. Staff was nice but somewhat slow when performing general tasks. Good place to stay for a couple of weeks if you want to use the kitchenette. I was in a queen suite that reminded me of an apartment building room for one.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
TMIHospitality, Manager at Residence Inn Madison East, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear WItraveler2000,
Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allows us to improve the quality of our products and services. I hope you were able to enjoy our pool and exercise area while you were here. I apologize that my staff did not offer exceptional service to you, and will address this with them. We look forward to your next visit.

Rick D.
Property Manager
Wautoma, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed at the Residence Inn Madison East for the 1st time on 5/11/13. Arrived about 3:15 & got checked in very quickly to room 222. You walk into the kitchen area which has a very modern look & is fully equipped. To the left is a counter with the phone, a lamp & some outlets. Behind the counter is the L shaped couch. Just beyond that is a small dining table & 2 chairs. On the opposite wall is a long table with a small drawer stand at one end & the TV sits on a dresser on the other end with a desk chair in between. When you pull the sofabed out, you still have some couch room to sit on. The bed is beyond the TV in a separate area. Off that is the sink area & a full closet opposite the sink. The bathroom is beyond that. The place was very clean & spacious with very nice décor. The bathroom light switch turns on both the light & fan which was noisy. However, it is inside the bathroom, so you can go in, close the door & then turn on the switch - so you don't wake up anyone else if using it during the night. The bed was the usual Marriott standards - very comfy. There was some road noise, but not unbearable. We enjoyed the oatmeal raisin cookies on our way out for the night. The breakfast was quite good. Would definitely stay here again if our evening destination was on that side of town.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Iowa
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed in room 312 for 5 days, 4 nights. The rooms are big and clean. The bed and pillows are comfortable. The bathroom with toilet and shower are small, but work fine. There is tons of storage...drawers and closets. I didn't have to leave anything out on counters for lack of space. 2 flat screen TVs. I never heard anything through the walls (neighbors). The staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a social hour every week night with food and drinks for free. The hallway carpet could be replaced and the elevator sometimes makes a noise. In a quiet neighborhood with lots if chain restaurants and a shopping. 15 minute straight drive to the Capitol.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank ilv2glf
minnesota, usa
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Residence Inn while moving our daughter to a different apartment. After two days of lugging boxes and furniture it was wonderful to come back to our room to shower, relax and enjoy the silence.

Room was beautifully decorated, couches comfortable. Kitchen suite, glasses and utensils came in handy. Breakfast was great.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family