This property is hands down the best in downtown Madison and I've stayed in most of them. Service is professional and helpful. Housekeeping clean and fresh. Can't help but get a nice view from your room - stunning of Lake Monona (my favorite) or the Capitol. Small indoor pool and fitness room. Excellent location adjacent to Monona Terrace, 1 block from the Capitol, easy walk to many good restaurants (my favorites are the Old Fashioned and Tutto's on King St. but there's many more) and bars (Great Dane is fun) around and just off the Capitol Square. Spring to fall don't miss the Farmer's Market on the Square if you're lucky enough to be here on a Saturday AM. 10 min walk around the square to the State St. Mall side of the Capitol and gateway to the UW Campus. Some UW campus destinations (including Camp Randall Stadium >30 min.) will be a little too far a walk for many, courtesy transportation is provided by the hotel - check with them for availability - otherwise a cab would be manageable if a longer walk isn't in the cards for you. Best UW campus location hotel is the Doubletree, and while nice and more than adequate, there's no comparison and the little extra walk is more than worth it for me even if my only purpose in town is at the UW. I always try to stay here first when coming to Madison and while this is not a world class Hilton, it is the best hotel in downtown Madison and I definitely recommend.
Parking tip: Parking on the street is free from 6pm Saturday until 8 am Monday if your stay falls in that parameter. There's a public parking ramp 1 block away that will save you a few bucks if you won't be going in and out, but it's hard to beat the convinience of parking on site.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, perfectly located in downtown Madison just two blocks from Capitol Square, is an elegant property connected by skywalk to the Monona Terrace Convention Center. Choose from a variety of guestrooms and suites with spectacular views of the State Capitol or beautiful Lake Monona. With an upscale, urban and residential feel to the rooms and public spaces, the hotel boasts full service dining and bar options as well. Transportation service is provided complimentary to downtown locations, including the University and Kohl Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hilton Madison Monona Terrace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Madison Monona Terrace Hotel Madison
- Hilton Hotel Madison
- Hilton Monona Terrace Hotel Madison
- Madison Hilton