“Hilton Hotel "Specials"”

Ranked #12 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Racine
“Hilton Hotel "Specials"”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

The location of this hotel was one of the reasons which influenced our decision to stay here. The "Farmer's Market Special" deal clinched the reservation! We planned on staying only one night and going to this event the next morning so this was the perfect offer and a great deal! This is available through summer. We recommend this hotel with it's most accommodating and friendly staff. Our room was very adequate which we upgraded for a few dollars more to a beautiful "terrace and lake view"! The noise level on the air conditioner however needs attention.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Jason_Havey, General Manager at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Thank you for the nice review. I am a big fan of the Farmers Market as well and with it less than half a block away, you can't beat the location! I hope you are able to make it back again before the end of summer!

Jason

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Stayed here two nights, great location. Room was very comfortable, can't believe in this day and age you had to pay for wi-fi/internet in your room. The views from the room was nice. Did not eat in the restaurants nor use the spa. Looked at the pool, it was average.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Cathy S
Jason_Havey, General Manager at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, responded to this review, 18 May 2013
Thank you for the feedback Cathy! I can appreciate your comments about charging for the internet. In this day and age, I can assure you that it is something that we are reviewing as well. Glad you enjoyed the hotel, views and location.. next time you are here definitely check out the Capitol Chophouse!

Take care and thank you for the review,

Tacoma, Washington, United States
Reviewed 10 May 2013

As i pulled into the courtyard the valet, nick, greeted me and offered is help with our bags, they were very busy but i was helped right away. i walked in and a manager, cindy damico said hello and escorted me to check in where david and ceera checked me into a beautiful lakeview room and made sure we were comfortable and taken care of. the room was very modern. they had a large television, beautiful furniture and the radio even had a connection for my ipod. not to mention the room was spotlessly clean. i had booked a king bed and they kindly changed it to 2 double beds when i asked if they could accomodate my friend i decided to travel with after i booked the room. i am 6 foot 5 and the double beds were more than enough for me. sherri lee served my friends and i for 2 hours, made delicious drinks and was a pleasure to talk to. i also spent an evening in and olivia in room service made my roommates and my night. she was so cheerful, outgoing and helpful, i felt right at home. my friend needed a few toiletries and the housekeeper margarita brought them to our room in less than 5 minutes and was genuinely happy to help. i cant wait to go back to this property in july, i wouldnt want to stay anywere else in madison.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Tony,

I can't tell you how happy I was to read this review. Getting a great review is fantastic on its own, but the fact that you interacted and remembered so many of the team members really made my day! And you listed several of our superstars! I'm glad that they made your stay enjoyable and I looking forward to living up to the same level of service on your next visit.

I will make sure we personally thank each person you have listed!

Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 9 May 2013

If you are looking for 5 star hotel and service, then this is the place for you. The location just a block away from the state capital and other great restaurants nearby is great. The service one receives from the staff is excellent and the facilities is great.
I just came back from a conference while staying at this hotel and everything about it is excellent. The rooms and room service is top notch down to the small handwritten notes left by the cleaning people who not only makes the room very presentable when entering your room for the first time, but just nice and clean.
So next time you are downtown Madison, do take a chance and stay at this wonderful hotel.
You won't regret it..:)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Darren,

Thank you for the great review. I'm happy you felt that way about the housekeeping staff. They really do take a lot of pride in their part of creating an experience for our guests at the Hilton. We are going to read your review to them at our morning huddle tomorrow!

Take care,

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Like many, this Hilton depends on what you're used to. This is an old downtown hotel that has been updated is some ways but not all. Parking is good, check-in, valet, bar, and restaurant are good...rooms have nice beds and tv's but the bathroom's are still old. That being said, the shower's still have excellent water pressure which makes up for many shortcomings. Many good things about this hotel...just don't expect it to be swank.

2 Thank Boogie6868
Thank you for the review! While we have fully renovated all of the room furshings, carpet, lobby and hallways within the last year, I can appreciate your comment about the bathrooms. We are working diligently to complete all new grout and any necessary fixtures or tiles in the bathrooms and will be done shortly! We hope you will be able to experience the updates next time you are here!

Kiel, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Room was clean, inviting and spacious. Staff were always eager to assist and the view was beautiful. Restaurants were pretty good. Ambiance was nice. Excellent place for relaxation or a business trip.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the review Jane! We feel lucky to have a nice view out of either side of the hotel! See you on your next trip!

Duluth, United States
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I was not told that continental breakfast was not included in my hotel stay package. I had a cup of fruit yogurt and paid a tab of $12.xx. I felt I was cheated and mislead by the staff to have the continental breakfast. I would strongly reconsider my hotel stay next time due to this experience.

Nhia,

I apologize if there was a miscommunication on our end! While we do have a full service restaurant available for all guests, there is the option of staying on our club floor which offers a complimentary continental breakfast in the morning as well as hors devours at night. I'm confident that if you give us a second chance we will be able to satisfy all of your expectations. Feel free to contact us directly and we will make sure your reservation is set up to you perfectly.

See you on your next visit,