“Great hotel - loud HVAC”

Hilton Madison Monona Terrace
Ranked #12 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Chetek, United States
“Great hotel - loud HVAC”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This is a really great hotel with great services and accommodations. I just couldn't get a really good night sleep because the wall heater chlunked in really loudly when it kicked in. It's not just an "oh, that's sorta loud" noise...it's a "Oh my god! That woke me up!" noise. After switching the fan from auto to "on" I slept better. Other than that, I couldn't have asked for a better room.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
cedarburg, United States
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Was a great experience - everyone very helpful and all services were fine. The dinning room set up for the wedding was so lovely and all windows looking out at Lake Monona were beautiful. Our room was a handicap room because that was all that was available but was really nice and big bathroom which worked out just fine. Had a brunch after the wedding on the 14th floor and was delicious and service was outstanding.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Michael W, Manager at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for the review! The room that your event was in is the only space in Madison with views of both the Capitol and Lake Monona, it is a unique space with wonderful views. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope that you stay with us again the next time you are in town.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 April 2014

On a recent business trip to Madison, I stayed in a two-room suite with a beautiful view of the lake, a well-appointed bedroom area with comfortable king size bed, complimentary internet, and a place for meetings in an adjoining room. The suite included a large bathroom with corner shower and whirlpool bath, as well as another beautiful view of the lake and separate heating system. Very comfortable, clean and spacious. The staff was first-rate, accommodating a request for an early check-in. Bellman was helpful with luggage. The bar/restaurant served good food with friendly and knowledgeable service. An excellent stay.

Room Tip: the corner suite was worth the price.
1 Thank Anemoney
Michael W, Manager at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for the outstanding review! We offer many different room types that fit many different needs, I am glad that you were able to utilize your room for your meeting. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope that you give us the opportunity to serve you again!
Santa Ana, California
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I had a great experience at this hotel. It started with the free airport shuttle. I called the hotel as soon as I landed and they informed me that a shuttle was on its way. I believe they have two shuttle vans that go back and forth. The driver was super friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable about Madison. Check-in was extremely quick and I was in my room in no time at all. The room was typical of a Hilton hotel with the usual toiletries. I had access to the executive lounge and it is definitely worth getting access. They have appetizers and cocktails in the evening and breakfast in the morning was much better than most executive lounges in other Hiltons in the U.S. They had hot items and not the typical continental breakfast. It was great. The views from the hotel are great too. One side has a nice view of the lake and the other is a view of the capitol building. The exercise facility is adequate along with the indoor pool that was popular with families. The hotel is connected to the convention center which is extremely convenient especially when the weather is cold like it was when I was there. The concierge staff were very helpful with dinner suggestions and running trails. The location is great and within walking distance of many restaurants. I will definitely stay here again if I ever return to Madison.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the review! I am glad you enjoyed our Executive Lounge, not only does our Executive Lounge have outstanding food it is also the only space in Madison with views of both the Capitol and the Lake. I very much appreciate you giving us the opportunity to have you as our guest again should you return to Madison.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This was my third stay at the Hilton Monona Terrace in Madison. Trully worth a stay. Each stay has been very good. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It's hard to give the token to just one of the staff members on my second stay I wrote a short note to the manager stating that I had three wonderful staff members who made an amazing effort to make sure my stay was the best and thought all three deserve the token. Today I gave my token to Lauren I have stayed at three other Hilton hotels here in Madison, Wisconsin. Three weeks ago I stayed at the Homewood suites it was great Chris and his staff made my weekend stay amazing. The Hampton was good. The Doubletree was fair.

1 Thank firsthand2
Michael W, Manager at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
I am glad that you had such positive experiences at the Hilton Madison! We very much appreciate the feedback about our Team Members. Whenever we receive feedback about a specific Team Member we make sure we share it with the entire team, I can tell you that the Team Members greatly enjoy the positive feedback. Thank you for taking the time to recognize our Team Members!
Iowa
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This was my third visit to the Hilton in Madison. The other two stays were pleasant, and I would have rated it a 4-5. This past visit was not so great.
The good: Great location, friendly staff, and nice views of the lake if you have a room pointing that direction.
The bad: This last visit I was given room 316. The amount of noise coming from the water pipes was ridiculous. I don't think I've ever been awakened by the sound of water pipes before. A new experience that I don't wish to repeat.
I'm guessing some rooms are good and have no such noise (my prior two stays I did not experience it) and some rooms aren't so good.
Unfortunately, I can't tell you which rooms do and do not have loud pipes. As I don't like to leave my quality of sleep up to chance, I'm probably going to stay somewhere else next time.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bortdozer
Boulder Junction, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We were trying to dodge nasty winter weather "up North", and had to hit the road before the storm set in, so we tried to make an on-line reservation (Expedia)...this was one of the "masked" 3.5 star hotels where you pay the money and THEN find out where you're staying. (In our experience, this is usually worth the risk) VERY pleased to stay at this Hilton - comfy beds, well appointed room and facility, and a short walk to State Street and all the delights that are downtown Madison. All staff helpful and courteous. Hope to stay here again soon! Thanks.

Room Tip: We had a room with a State Capital view. Really nice!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank refelo
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope to have you stay with us again in the future.