“Monana Terrace-Hilton”

Hilton Madison Monona Terrace
Ranked #14 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is the place to stay in Downtown Madison! Great upscale restaurant with great steaks. Fun Lounge Bar where you meet people from around the world. Location overlooking Lake Monona and views of the Capital Building, can't be beat Adjacent to the convention center, if in town for a meeting. Best spot if interested in the upcoming iron man competition!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Michael W, Manager at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such an outstanding review! We very much appreciate having you as our guest.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Not happy a camper hotel took liberty to assign room without looking at what reservation was for or we were second class citizens Agent tryed to make up for the so call mix up with a drink ticket and a breakfast ticket but that is not quality service I don't believe hotel was sold out and accommodations could have beem make

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

In addition to filling out the Trip Advisor comment I wanted thank you for taking the time to speak with me about the issue you encountered. As we discussed we occasionally encounter guests that stay over, leaving our room count out of balance. While this is not typical I certainly understand what a disappointment it is when you don’t get the room you reserved. I hope to have you as our guests again on your next trip to Madison.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed here while in the Madison area on business and found the amenities to be very nice. The entire facility has been funny renovated so all furnishings are clean and new. The rooms are large with a separate sectional couch with its own TV. Sleep was easy to come by as I was never disturbed by noise, and the setting of the hotels location is nice. The capital building is only a short walk and the lake is even closer. I'd recommend this hotel if you find yourself in the area.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the review! I am glad that you enjoyed our guest rooms. I hope you have the chance to stay with us again!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I come to this hotel annually and the staff is outstanding, the overall experience is very enjoyable! From spending time in the Convention center designed by Frank Lloyd Wright to eating at the many fine restaurants locally, I always look forward to coming here. Each morning, I take a walk along the lake and in the evening, I can work comfortably in my room. This year, I even had a chance to take a boat ride on Lake Monoma which was very entertaining.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am glad that you choose to stay with us during your conference! Thank you for your continued support, I look forward to having you as our guest next year!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Stayed there May 13-17 and had a nice stay, very close to the Capitol and easy walking to some good resturaunts.
Friendly service and gave out good directions, was there for Epic training and did not take advantage of breakfast.
Room was quiet, had a refrigerator and a/c worked. Could not hear anything from outside the room.
Shower was a bit weak but not a problem overall. Plenty of towels as housekeeping does not come around everyday.

1  Thank Rons1961

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Madison! We do offer daily housekeeping service in addition to placing plenty of towels in the room. I hope you are our guest again on your next trip to Madison!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Stayed at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace 5/18-5/20 for a convention. Was immediately upgraded as a Hilton Honors member to a very nice Junior Suite. The room itself seemed updated and had a lovely view of Lake Monona. Any staff I interacted with were very friendly. The bathroom itself didn't seem as updated as the room, and the vent (was it a vent....I could find no vent switch) was in serious need of cleaning - the amount of dust on it was a bit gross. Regardless, the rest of the room seemed clean. Great proximity to the convention center and downtown Madison. Would easily stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

I am glad you enjoyed the Junior Suite and your interactions with our staff! We very much value our HHonors guests and we do our best to upgrade them whenever possible. Our vents in the bathrooms continuously vent so there is no need for a switch. I have spoken with our Executive Housekeeper about the cleanliness of the vent and I am confident that you won’t find this issue should you stay with us again.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Room was uncomfortably hot, and little air from fan unit in room no matter how low the thermostat was turned down. Hallway also lacked a/c and very humid upon arrival. Difficult to sleep well in hot, unventilated room.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the temperature in your room. I noticed that this is your second review about the temperature in your guest room. We understand that all guests have different requirements for temperature in their guest rooms and we do our best to meet everyone’s needs. Should you stay with us again please let us know what temperature you would like your guest room and we will be sure to have the room ready for you upon arrival. Thank you for the feedback and I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!