Hilton Madison Monona Terrace
Comfort Inn Madison - Downtown(Madison)(Great Value!)
US$110
Doubletree.com
US$223
US$203
  • Breakfast included
Best Western West Towne Suites(Madison)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$168
US$145
Agoda.com
1,185 results
All reviewsgreat locationconvention centerchop houselake viewcapital buildingcorner roomwithin easy walking distanceunderground parkingtwo blocksstate streetfarmers marketfamily weddingvery nice hotelgreat roomdowntown areadefinitely stay here againshuttle service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed here for a relative's wedding for which there had been a block of rooms reserved. Comfortable bar (good drinks, snacks and a quiet place to play cribbage), comfortable lobby, pleasant, clean rooms (although the bath could use some regrouting), lovely function room and great central location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Michael W, Manager at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you for the review! Based on your feedback we have had our maintenance team repair the grout in your guest room. I am glad that you enjoyed your experience and I hope to have you as our guest again.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel is in a great location, and the view from my room was fabulous, but they are VERY understaffed and it makes for long wait times (checking in/out, lounge service/seating and wait times for food, etc.). To top it off when we retrieved the car from the valet there was an empty water bottle full of used tobacco pouches. GROSS. Maybe it was just bad timing...

Room Tip: Didn't eat breakfast there because we couldn't get seated. I think the waiters were also the hosts.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the feedback about your stay. I am sorry that you experienced long wait times during your stay. One of our primary responsibilities is ensuring that we have enough of our staff available to take care of our guests. I have reviewed your feedback with our management team and I can assure you that we are all focused on ensuring each of our guests have an exceptional stay. Should you want to discuss your stay further please feel free to contact me at michaelweaver@hiltonmadison.com.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We walked into our first room and were overwhelmed by the smell of B.O. turned the site on hoping the stench would fade but a few hours later it is still there. Asked nicely for a new room- air conditioner didn't work. Engineering came and "fixed" it, an hour later it was still 76 in our room. Called down and asked for a room that we can just be comfortable in and got another room. This room also had a strange odor to it but by this time we were so sick of moving. I've stayed at a lot of hotels and never had to ask to switch rooms. I don't think they care to much about if we're happy or not because we booked through priceline at a super affordable rate. I'd still prefer to be treated like a guest. Only positive for this hotel is the view. Capital building is awesome at night!! Would not recommend.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

I am very sorry that you encountered issues with your room during your stay. I can assure you that we value all of our guests regardless of how they book their reservation. If you would like to discuss you experiences with me directly please email me at michaelweaver@hiltonmadison.com.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

the hotel is in a great location to view the lake and walk around the capital. we purchased the breakfast package and it was a joke. they ran out of bread and pastries and all they had was white bread. before we finished they did find some bagels and they delivered them to our table; burnt. unfortunately, the people at check out forgot to ask us if we had any problems and enjoyed our stay. poor ending to an overpriced stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your negative experience with breakfast. I have reviewed this review with our Executive Chef and we have taken steps to correct what happened during your stay. I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Clean room and overall nice but booked for 2 adults and 1 17 year old child and received 2 full vs. 2 queen-sized beds. This made things a bit tight for 2 of us. Watch what is provided prior to booking.

$13/night parking fee is not part of initial fee and is added if parking in their ramp.

Air conditioning cycling on and off can be noisy during the night. Seems to be a common theme for other travelers.

Middle of the road service and experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Our Chief Engineer is working through each of the air conditioning units in the hotel to ensure that all are working properly. I hope to have the opportunity have you as our guest during your next visit to Madison.