“room with a view”

Ranked #12 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Bolingbrook, Illinois
“room with a view”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

stayed overnight overlooking Lake Monona, it was awesome. Walking distance to everything - Restaurants, the Capitol. We walked to the Farmers Market by the Capitol Saturday. The only negative side, tight parking space and the stairs to the parking lot was smelly.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael W, Manager at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our parking garage can at times get very tight, we do offer valet service for guests that do not want to park their own cars. I hope you make us your desination on your next trip to Madison!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Milwaukee
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Overall the hotel was nice, I had been there previous for meetings. The service from the staff was good. Unfortunately our stay was negated by AC that was inoperative (on a hot summer night) and elevator(s) that were as very very slow (10 Minutes) in a non busy time.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am very sorry to hear that your AC unit was not functioning properly. Since your stay our Engineering team has completed preventative maintenance on each of our AC units. Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your stay.
Madison, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The hotel is in a beautiful location near the capital. The staff is friendly however the room I was in had a terrible mechanical noise that required me to wear headphones to go to sleep. Other guest had the same issue.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your feedback. Based on the feedback we received from our guests our Engineering team has performed detailed preventative maintenance on each of our AC units with the goal of reducing noise. I am confident that should you stay with us again you will not have the same experience.
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Location was the best.. walking distance to the capital,Saturdays farmers market, and state street. My complaint is with the elevators in this hotel. We waited on average 15-20 minutes to get from the parking garage to the hotel lobby. We had a stroller so needed to take the elevator. We actually left our little one with our oldest as an employee took my husband and I to the parking garage through the staircase. Our door to our room was stuck too..hard to open. Definitely need to work on elevator situation!

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for the review. We recently experienced a problem with one of our elevators that required us taking it out of service for about 36 hours. This situation is not typical, this is the only time that an elevator needed to be taking down for an extended period of time in the last year and a half. Should you stay with us again you will not encounter the same issues.
Avon Lake, Ohio
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is the fifth time I have stayed at this hotel. Each time, it exceeds my expectations. The location is awesome. Three blocks from the state capital building and 300 feet from beautiful lake Monona. Each night of my three night stay, I walked the covered walkway to the roof top patio on top of the convention center. I position myself so I can view the lake to my left and view the capital building to my right. After dark, the view becomes even more spectacular! Highly, highly recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms either face the state capital or they face the lake. Can't lose either way.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the recommendation! I am glad that we continually exceed your expectations. I hope to have you as our guest on your next trip to Madison!
Lindsborg, KS, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The staff and accommodations at this hotel were great! The location of the hotel to the Monona Terrace Conference Center and to the downtown shopping and restaurants was an added bonus. I hope our convention chooses this hotel again next year.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the review! Hopefully your convention chooses us again so we can have you back as our guest!
Thorp, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The Hilton is situated right next to beautiful Lake Monona in downtown Madison. One block from the Capitol building. The hotel room was quiet and peaceful for the busy area of town it is located in. The Monona Terrace convention center is available to the Hilton through a skywalk. This is a definite plus, as I was there for a convention and the humidity was very high. The only reason I gave it a very good instead of a excellent was the room smelled slightly musty and the air conditioner didn't want to quite keep up. The room was beautiful with new furniture and flat screen television. Bathroom average with tub/shower. Elevator access in the rush hour of morning was a slight wait, but that is to be expected, I planned ahead.

1 Thank Heather B
Thank you for the review! The skywalk to Monona Terrace provides our guests easy access to the convention center. I hope we have the opportunity to have you as our guest again!