“Everything was great except the mattress”

Hilton Madison Monona Terrace
Ranked #12 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Lowell, United States
“Everything was great except the mattress”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The room we stayed in for our long weekend trip to Madison, WI was exactly as I had expected- all except the comfort level of the mattress. It is not a first time incident for me to experience some back pain while sleeping in a bed away from home, however this bed was exceptionally uncomfortable for me. The morning of check-out I actually had get out of bed at 4am due to the excruciating pain; we actually checked out at 5:30 just because I could no longer lie in the uncomfortable bed. I will say- my husband was alright and did not experience pain. The other accomodations were acceptable and the cleanliness of the room was satisfactory.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Michael W, Manager at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback. The mattress that we use is the Hilton standard “Suite Dreams Mattress”. I am very sorry that you did not get a good night of sleep, I will be sharing your feedback with the Hilton team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Thanks to Abby Vazquez and her entire team, including Eric, Tom and Alec, on July 20 for helping us through a very difficult experience at the hotel. Our dog had a catastrophic event that day outside the hotel, and we were struggling mightily. Thanks to their help we were able to get him to a nearby vet hospital and ultimately had to put him down.

Our stay in the Carbone Ribbon room was bittersweet since we lost our dog that day, but the room was beautiful and we had a very nice walk around the capitol.

Lovely location and the Hilton hotel has the best spot in Madison.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
We are very sorry for your loss. I hope our team & hotel was a comfort for you during your time of need. Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I hope we have another opportunity to have you as our guest.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Incredible, fabulous, amazing, and wonderful all come to mind when I think about my stay at the Hilton Madison Monona Terrace. I was traveling for work on an exceptionally busy weekend in Madison and the Hilton Staff was not affected one bit by the extra pressure and stress of all the events taking place in the city. From the Hotel Assistant Manager to the Bellmen, and Laura at the front desk, everyone was just fabulous and very helpful. Their warm smiles and "can do" attitude made my stay a very pleasant one. I will definitely be returning to the Hilton Madison Monona Terrace on future trips. Thank you for providing stellar service!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the great feedback! Many of our weekends are very busy due to all of events located around the hotel, luckily this gives our team ample time to practice their guest service skills! I am glad that we earned the right to have you as our guest again.
North Monmouth, Maine
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This hotel was mostly nice. I found my room to be quite comfortable and I enjoyed the view of Lake Monona and the Terrace. I stayed here on business for three days. I did not think that it was as clean as it should be. There was a streak of something on the wall by the sink in the bathroom and someone elses hair on the wall in the shower. The breakfast in the lounge area was a good quality and enjoyable. Although the bed was comfortable I absolutely hated the down pillows. I called the front desk and asked if they had any regular pillows that were not down. The person on the phone stated yes they did and I asked If I could have one. When the person arrived with the replacement pillow it was in fact a down pillow and I was then told it was all they had. One pro for me was that it was in walking distance to shops and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
I am sorry that your guest room was not clean. Cleanliness is extremely important to us, I have shared your feedback with our Executive Housekeeper so that she can use it as a training tool for the team. I am glad that both our location & breakfast met your needs. Thank you for the feedback!
Deer Park, Illinois
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We have stayed at the Hilton Monona Terrace many times over the years. The location is great. Looking out one side you are looking over Monona Lake and the other side over looks the state capital building, very cool at night when it is lit up. If you are in Madison in August on a Friday night go to Dane Dance next store at the convention center. Last weekend it was country and Latin. There are a lot of fun and wonderful restaurants within walking distance of the hotel and if you like wine with dinner it's nice to be able to walk back. The other thing I am always impressed with is the staff at the hotel, always helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the great review! One of the best features of our hotel is that all rooms overlook either the Capitol or the Lake, there really isn’t a bad view from any of our guest rooms! Our hotel is perfectly located for easy access to Madison’s restaurants & festivals. I hope you stay with us again on your next trip to Madison!
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

With a welcoming lobby and incredible views - the Hilton Monona is my favorite chain hotel in Madison. The staff is friendly and helpful and you can run the Lake Trail from the back of the hotel. The proximity to the capital and great restaurants is perfect. Great spot in Madison

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the review! Our guests can access the lake front trail directly from our hotel, I am glad that you were able to take advantage of this during your stay.
Reviewed 6 August 2014

If you want to be within walking distance of the Dane County farmers' market and the wonderful restaurants and bars that surround the capitol, you can't beat this hotel. Our room had beautiful views of the lake and the walkway connected the hotel to the Monona Terrace Convention Center. Steps away from Madison's wonderful bike trails, too! While it is a bit pricey without the extra "pamper services" like bed turn down, robe/slippers, yummy treats left in your room, we couldn't have asked for a better location for our anniversary weekend!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! Our location allows our guests to walk to many of the best attractions in Madison. I am glad you enjoyed your anniversary weekend and I hope to have you as our guest again!