“Poor sleep”

Hilton Madison Monona Terrace
Ranked #13 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Maybe it was this week, but Hilton's following of my request to not be near the elevator does not seem to be taking. In any case, the room was fine, clean, and the Wi-Fi was good, not great. My complaint with the stay is either the hvac is a constant on and off or on and pretty loud. It didn't make for a great night of sleeping. Also the breakfast set up was a mess. I first had to go to the 14th floor which wasn't open and then down to the main floor where it was overly busy and I couldn't get any hot sauce or a water. In any case, this stay wasn't great, which was disappointing.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Michael W, Manager at Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry about the issues you encountered during your stay. I have reviewed your feedback with our Food and Beverage Manager as well as our Chief Engineer. I am confident we will have these issues resolved prior to your next stay with us.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,160)

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Very nice place to stay in the heart of Madison. Great view of Lake & Capital. Service and rooms were great. I was on a business trip, but I would like to come back & stay here for pleasure. Recommend to anyone staying in Madison.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the great review! I am very pleased that you found our service and rooms to be great. While we are an excellent choice for business travelers our central location is a huge benefit for leisure travelers. I hope you stay with on your next trip to Madison!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

The hilton is very convenient to the capital area which has great restaurants, music and markets. The hotel is very clean and comfortable. The staff was very attentive, helpful and as most of Madison, friendly. Would stay there again even though a bit pricier than other spots because of location.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the feedback! Our location is one of our best assets. Our central location allows our guests to walk to many of Madison’s best attractions. I hope to have you as our guest on your next trip to Madison!

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Great location in downtown Madison close to State Street and many restaurants. The hotel is clean and quiet with well-kept rooms. Staff is helpful and friendly. There's parking available--for a fee--right next to the hotel. Great place to stay!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the review! I hope you stay with us again on your next trip to Madison!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I have always associated the Hilton with luxury. This hotel was in an amazing location, it was very clean and the staff stood out as professional and friendly. The location could not have been better . We were able to take very short walks to any destination in the capitol. There were tons of options of things to do. A couple of things were disappointing. 1) we had no fan in our bathroom. 2) Our sink had a giant crack in it. and 3) We went down to the hot tub and it was out of order. None of these are deal breakers, but it definitely knocked my opinion of Hilton down a peg or two. I always thought that 'attention to detail' was a focus of high end hotels. Regardless, I'd probably stay again for the positive reasons mentioned.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed our location and found our staff to be friendly. I am sorry that you experienced issues with your room and with the hot tub being out of order. Our rooms are on a constant preventative maintenance schedule so I am confident that should you stay with us again you will not encounter the same concerns.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Had another great stay in Madison for the Great Taste of the Midwest. We were able to check-in ahead of schedule, which allowed for full enjoyment of the weekend. Breakfast was great and the pool and hot tub were a welcome relief after a long day of fermented beverage enjoyment. Thanks again, I'm sure we'll be back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Great Taste of the Midwest is a great event and is one of the highlights of the Madison summer festival season. We hope to have you back with us again next year!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This hotel has the most friendly staff and best housekeeping of any hotel I've stayed in. A couple minor issues over a long stay were resolved quickly and they went above and beyond. The location is right next to the conference center and a glass walkway connects the two.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the great review! I am glad that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I hope you stay with us again on your next trip to Madison!