“We LOVED this room!! Didn't want to leave! :)"”

Clarion Suites at the Alliant Energy Center
Ranked #32 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Our daughter was at a sports camp at UW-Madison. We were looking for a place to stay, relax and enjoy while she was on the campus. The executive suite was PERFECT! I kept saying, "I love this room :)" It was a corner room with windows on both sides letting in lots of light, the kitchen area was perfect, and the property was peaceful and quiet! The staff was very helpful and friendly. We loved the breakfast and just enjoying a complimentary glass of wine each evening. Thank you so much! We didn't want to leave. We highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: Executive suite was wonderful! Lots of windows, light, spacious!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank khenks318

Reviewed 31 July 2011

A very nice hotel. Everything looked new or renovated, and well-maintained. Staff very professional. Very good price for a real suite (under $100 with AAA discount). Nice kitchen area with apartment sized fridge, two-burner stove, dishwasher, etc. Living room area with couch, coffee table, TV. Double doors lead to bedroom and bathroom. This property is also known as Clarion Suites at the Alliant Center, the Alliant Center being within easy walking distance.

Everything was so nice, I was a little disappointed with the free breakfast. Generic Cheerios were a bit stale. Green bananas, and weak biscuits and gravy. They also had an evening manager’s reception with beer, wine, and hors d’oeuvres. No shortage of beer and wine, but the few hors d’oeuvres went fast and were not replenished. And there were no nearby restaurants, or even fast food places. If you want to eat, plan on driving. Also, the internet connection went down a few times.

I decided to stay an extra night so I could visit the state capitol building, which is very nice, but would probably be nicer if the clowns protesting the governor would just stay home. Overall it was a very nice stay and I highly recommend this property, especially if they stop trying to pinch pennies on the complimentary food items. I wish I could give them a 4.5 rating, but I guess I’ll go with a 5.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank BJDealer
Reviewed 29 July 2011

My wife and I booked this hotel (randomly) through HotWire for a three night weekend getaway. For the price ($89), we were satisfied.

Likes:
- Proximity to downtown Madison and nearby bike trails. About a 10 miute bike ride in to town.
- Staff had no problem with us storing our bikes in our rooms. THANKS!!!
- Good variety of items on the free morning breakfast buffet.
- In room mini-kitchen
- Hide-a-bed sofa
- Free shuttle service to downtown and airport

Dislikes:
- Decor in the room was rather dated
- Only had a single queen sized bed. Thought this was rather unusual given it was a suite.
- It was a hot weekend and the AC in our room struggled to keep the room cool. We had to keep the shades closed all day and kept our personal fan on at all times.
- Very limited dining options near-by the hotel.

For what we paid compared to other options, this hotel was just fine. But for us, being able to walk to nearby bars, restaraunts and attractions is important. For that reason, we probably will avoid booking randomly through HotWire and instead opt for a specific downtown hotel next time we visit.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We were in Madison for a soccer tournament, I have stayed a few of the local hotels and I have to say, best stay I have had in Madison. I will stay there again. Good size rooms. Nice pool area. Breakfast buffet was good, because they were busy, they let the buffet open for an additional 45 minutes, fully stocked for all the soccer players that were hungry.

Nice location, a few miles from downtown and a block away from a nice running/bike trail. Me being a runner it was nice to have a trail right there and not have to be on a treadmill.

Thanks for the great stay!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Guest s were the number one priority. Everyone went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable and that they were glad we were there. Very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2011

My experience might not be typical as I was given an "upgrade" on arrival, a very nice corner room with an almost complete kitchen (all but an oven) and a separate bedroom. The breakfast is decent and a free happy hour with complementary wine and beer is included. The location is OK, but not perfect. It's about 3 miles from downtown Madison where every conceivable parking space is metered, so take quarters. There is nothing in the immediate vicinity of the hotel except for a convention center, so It's reasonably close to an awesome running, walking and cycling trail. The service was terrific - they even loaned me a USB cable I had forgotten.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
BenGlantz, General Manager at Clarion Suites at the Alliant Energy Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2011

Dear Davy F.
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us! You have provided some wonderful information to other guests which is very helpful. Congratulations on the complimentary "upgrade". We hope that you will return in the future!

Reviewed 3 June 2011

We had a wonderful stay in a cozy, clean room. Desk staff were great. When I checked into hotel, I had forgotten my entertainment card. The rate was significantly different without it. I was told that if I could fax or send proof of membership after my stay that the manager might refund the difference and she absolutely did, without any question. I sent her an email and she responded within hours with an adjusted receipt attached. This was my second time staying at this hotel and both times we had no complaints. Breakfast was good and the women serving and cleaning up were also gracious. I will stay there again next trip to Madison.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
SandLHospitality, Manager at Clarion Suites at the Alliant Energy Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2011

Dear millwalk,

Thank you so much for your recent stay at Clarion Suites in Madison, WI, and for taking a few minutes to share your experience with us through this forum.

Providing that positive, "We'll be back!" guest experience is critical for us, and I'm glad it shows. We read and interact with TripAdvisor reviews so we can learn ways to further improve the guest experience that we provide, and also to commend our staff for a job well done. So again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your Entertainment Card, and your positive comments about our guest service.

Furthermore, we know you have options when you decide which hotel to stay at, and we appreciate that you chose us. We value your business, and your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Madison.

Sincerely, Erin Ruppenthal, S&L Hospitality