“WI Ironman home base”

Clarion Suites at the Alliant Energy Center
Ranked #32 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We recently stayed at this location to support one of the Ironman triathletes. We had a 1 br suite. The rooms were comfortable, breakfast was good, and the kids loved the pool! It was a pleasant surprise to find out that the special event shuttle to downtown was based out of the Alliant Center parking lot! When he does this race again, we will book here if we can!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
ClarionSuitesMadison, General Manager at Clarion Suites at the Alliant Energy Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Dear tap0629,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us! We are so excited to be located near the Iron Man race and to be able to hosts participants and their fans! We have taken turns watching parts of the race in the past years. It is always an exciting event. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you plan to return again. We look forward to seeing you next year!

G. Niesl

There are newer reviews for Clarion Suites at the Alliant Energy Center

Reviewed 30 August 2012

Stayed here recently before move in day at UW Madison. Our room was great. 2 dbl beds, sofa sleeper, kitchenette, tv. Very roomy and clean. Some paint wear around doorway in bathroom. There was a happy hour in the evening. Didn't utilize it so I can't review.In the morning we ate at the included breakfast buffet. Good varied offerings. Scrambled eggs, corned beef hash, homemade oatmeal, pastries, toast, bagels, cold cereal, fruit and a waffle station. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
ClarionSuitesMadison, General Manager at Clarion Suites at the Alliant Energy Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Dear Harriett34,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate hearing from our guests and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will address your comments with our staff as we use them to continuously improve our property. Thank you again and we look forward to your return!
G. Niesl

Reviewed 29 August 2012

Checked in for business trip and shower was broken. No other rooms available and desk clerk in my room offered a discount but could not remember me at check out. Will be last option of staying in Madison again. Shuttle was super.

• Stayed: August 2012
Joann B, Front Office Manager at Clarion Suites at the Alliant Energy Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Dear Timmy H,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear the shuttle service was helpful to you. However, I am very disappointed to learn of the issue with your shower. I have followed up with the clerk who assisted you that morning, and it seems that we were completely sold out so we unfortunately did not have another room available. It appears this was truly an emergency maintenance issue, which is certainly not the norm for our hotel!

I definitely regret that we were not better able to accommodate you in light of the situation, and I have applied a credit to your bill. I understand the issue was deeply inconvenient, and I hope you might reconsider our hotel in the future. If you are staying in Madison and would like to give us a second chance, please contact me directly at (608) 284-1234 ext. 6406, I will be more than happy to accommodate you.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

One night stay for business was great, especially Jolene shuttling our group to and from downtown! Happy Hour was nice with veggies and soup, reasonable drink selection. My colleagues enjoyed the breakfast. The common areas and room where clean. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: I had a queen suite with a full kitchen - nice sitting area, comfy bed.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Cathy W
ClarionSuitesMadison, General Manager at Clarion Suites at the Alliant Energy Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Cathy W
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I appreciate hearing from our guests and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff makes every effort to please our guests and I especially appreciate hearing that a particular agent did a good job. I will share your comments with her and reward her for her efforts.
Thank you again for staying with us! We hope that you will return again in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2012

We recently stayed here overnight on a Saturday in a studio suite. We checked in no problem, right in time for the social hour they have every night except for Sundays. There was beer, wine, soda, chips, pretzels, and dip. They also offer a full breakfast buffet every morning. They had make your own waffles, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, and various breads and muffins. Very good and filling!

The room was very clean and decently sized. It came with a queen bed and a queen bed pullout coach. The only problem I had was that my back couldn't handle how hard the bed was so I had to switch to the pullout couch midway through the night. The pullout was pretty comfortable! The bathroom was also very big too.

Katie Collette,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I appreciate hearing from our guests and I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and the amenities we offer.
I regret that our bedding was not perfect for you. We find that our guests have differing preferences in beds and we want everyone to be comfortable. We recently upgraded our beds with approved bedding in the hope that we could reach that goal.
I would welcome you to contact me so that we can discuss your personal preferences and possibly help make your stay even more comfortable.
I hope that you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

I don't usually stay at motels of this high a caliber, but I have to say I was impressed with the level of service and cleanliness of this Clarion. The building, built ca 2002, is in great shape with the common areas and rooms very clean. The price averaged about $108 after taxes, but varied between weekend and weekday. This was lower than most other hotels of this level in Madison. I

Other pluses included free wine and tap beer and snacks during "social hour", (every day but Sunday around 5:30 to 7). The breakfast was very nice with a different "entree" each day as well a wide assortment of staples such as waffles, eggs, bagels, cereal and milk available every day. The dining area was spatious with plenty of seating.

The motel, while not downtown, is closer than most that you will find off the Interstate.

The only issue I had was the breakfast hours ended too early: 9:00 on Weekdays and 9:30 and weekends. There is no reason why this could not be extended at least an hour. I had to wake my kids up early just to get them down in time for breakfast. With that said, the cooking staff went out of their way to be helpful, bringing back the milk and a couple of other items when we were late one day.

If you are looking for a 4-star (out of 5) hotel this is probably one of the best in Madison.

Room Tip: The couch had a pull-out bed in our room for extra sleeping.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Rabscuttle02

Rabscuttle02,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I appreciate hearing that you enjoyed our hotel and the accomodations. We try very hard to please all of our guests and we want everyone to enjoy their stay. I apologize that you were not able to enjoy a late breakfast and we will certainly take your comments into consideration when we re-evaluate our breakfast hours. We have found on busy mornings that our guests might need more time for breakfast and we have kept the breakfast open late to accomodate those guests. I want to thank you for bringing this to my attention so that we can better serve your needs in the future. We hope that you will return to stay with us again.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights this week, after buying it through Hotwire. Building was built in the late 60's, and the location is pretty good. It was pretty inexpensive, so I didn't expect too much and it was about what I expected. My chief complaint is that thee are exactly zero king beds on premise. Not a problem for most people, I guess. However, my husband is 6'8" tall and we need that king size. The bed was also pretty broken down - not comfortable.

There was a free happy hour available, as well as a free breakfast. Overall, a pretty tired old place with little ambiance but a good location.

HollyMB,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We appreciate hearing from our guests and the opportunity to respond.
The Clarion Suites at The Alliant Energy Center opened in 2001 as a newly built hotel. Although our Suites do not have King rooms, the property was built with spacious rooms and include sitting areas, Microwave Ovens and Refrigerators. Some of our Suites offer two rooms with full kitchens and one or two queen beds. Our Queen Beds have also been upgraded twice since our opening. I truly regret that we could not offer you King beds for your stay. As you mentioned though, we are pleased that we are located in an area close to all major attractions in the Madison area. As added features we also offer our guests Free Hot Breakfast Buffet, Complimentary Social Hour and Free WIFI. We hope that you will return to stay with us and we welcome a personal invitation to contact us regarding your stay.
G. NIesl General Manager