“Very good choice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 61 Hotels in Madison
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Very good choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2012

I stay several times per year for business. The rooms are always clean and the breakfast is usually excellent. Staff is friendly and they have added flat screen TV's. The room decor is a bit dated, but I don't care about that. Rates are usually reasonable - expect when there is a special event at the Alliant Energy Center which is next door.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Joann B, Front Office Manager at Clarion Suites at the Alliant Energy Center, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
Dear B W,

Thank you for the feedback on the stay! I am very happy to hear that the staff was friendly and the rooms are clean. We are very happy with the new flat screen TVs as well! We do also have corporate rates available if you are traveling on business and looking to stay within a budget. Please contact me for more information. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your future visits to Madison!

Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Sabana Westpunt, Curacao
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

The room was very, well, roomy. Enjoyed the space as I hate a cramped hotel room. I wasn't excited about the price tag for the room, but having checked around, it is about an average price for a better than average room. The room was very clean and we loved the walk-in shower. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ClarionSuitesMadison, General Manager at Clarion Suites at the Alliant Energy Center, responded to this review, 14 November 2012
PiesandCakes,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We appreciated hearing from all of our guests and we are pleased that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. It is our goal to provide pleasant and clean accomodations at a competetive price to the other hotels of our size in Madison. We also offer additional amenities such as a Free Breakfast Buffet and Social Hour. Our spacious rooms make it much more comfortable for our guests.
Thank you again and we hope that you will choose to stay with us again.
Freedom, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

We recently stayed at this location to support one of the Ironman triathletes. We had a 1 br suite. The rooms were comfortable, breakfast was good, and the kids loved the pool! It was a pleasant surprise to find out that the special event shuttle to downtown was based out of the Alliant Center parking lot! When he does this race again, we will book here if we can!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ClarionSuitesMadison, General Manager at Clarion Suites at the Alliant Energy Center, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
Dear tap0629,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us! We are so excited to be located near the Iron Man race and to be able to hosts participants and their fans! We have taken turns watching parts of the race in the past years. It is always an exciting event. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you plan to return again. We look forward to seeing you next year!

Duluth, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

Stayed here recently before move in day at UW Madison. Our room was great. 2 dbl beds, sofa sleeper, kitchenette, tv. Very roomy and clean. Some paint wear around doorway in bathroom. There was a happy hour in the evening. Didn't utilize it so I can't review.In the morning we ate at the included breakfast buffet. Good varied offerings. Scrambled eggs, corned beef hash, homemade oatmeal, pastries, toast, bagels, cold cereal, fruit and a waffle station. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ClarionSuitesMadison, General Manager at Clarion Suites at the Alliant Energy Center, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Dear Harriett34,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate hearing from our guests and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will address your comments with our staff as we use them to continuously improve our property. Thank you again and we look forward to your return!
Heber Springs, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

Checked in for business trip and shower was broken. No other rooms available and desk clerk in my room offered a discount but could not remember me at check out. Will be last option of staying in Madison again. Shuttle was super.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Joann B, Front Office Manager at Clarion Suites at the Alliant Energy Center, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Dear Timmy H,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear the shuttle service was helpful to you. However, I am very disappointed to learn of the issue with your shower. I have followed up with the clerk who assisted you that morning, and it seems that we were completely sold out so we unfortunately did not have another room available. It appears this was truly an emergency maintenance issue, which is certainly not the norm for our hotel!

I definitely regret that we were not better able to accommodate you in light of the situation, and I have applied a credit to your bill. I understand the issue was deeply inconvenient, and I hope you might reconsider our hotel in the future. If you are staying in Madison and would like to give us a second chance, please contact me directly at (608) 284-1234 ext. 6406, I will be more than happy to accommodate you.
Romeoville, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

One night stay for business was great, especially Jolene shuttling our group to and from downtown! Happy Hour was nice with veggies and soup, reasonable drink selection. My colleagues enjoyed the breakfast. The common areas and room where clean. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: I had a queen suite with a full kitchen - nice sitting area, comfy bed.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Cathy W
ClarionSuitesMadison, General Manager at Clarion Suites at the Alliant Energy Center, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Cathy W
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I appreciate hearing from our guests and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff makes every effort to please our guests and I especially appreciate hearing that a particular agent did a good job. I will share your comments with her and reward her for her efforts.
Thank you again for staying with us! We hope that you will return again in the future.
G. Niesl General Manager
Greendale, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

We recently stayed here overnight on a Saturday in a studio suite. We checked in no problem, right in time for the social hour they have every night except for Sundays. There was beer, wine, soda, chips, pretzels, and dip. They also offer a full breakfast buffet every morning. They had make your own waffles, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, and various breads and muffins. Very good and filling!

The room was very clean and decently sized. It came with a queen bed and a queen bed pullout coach. The only problem I had was that my back couldn't handle how hard the bed was so I had to switch to the pullout couch midway through the night. The pullout was pretty comfortable! The bathroom was also very big too.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Katie Collette,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I appreciate hearing from our guests and I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and the amenities we offer.
I regret that our bedding was not perfect for you. We find that our guests have differing preferences in beds and we want everyone to be comfortable. We recently upgraded our beds with approved bedding in the hope that we could reach that goal.
I would welcome you to contact me so that we can discuss your personal preferences and possibly help make your stay even more comfortable.
I hope that you will choose to stay with us again.
G. Niesl General Manager