“Special event”

Clarion Suites at the Alliant Energy Center
Ranked #33 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stay here for the wrestling world tournament Very convenient to Alliant Center -5 minute walk. The desk staff was very helpful and assisted us with dinner selections. The nightly happy hour with snacks, beer, wine and soda was great. Having a suite for a great price was wonderful - very clean. Madison is a great town and easy to navigate. A great walking town between the Capital and University of Wisconsin. Happy to go back!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
ClarionMadison, General Manager at Clarion Suites at the Alliant Energy Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Debbie B.
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and for you comments regarding your stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I hope you return again soon!
G. Niesl

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 8 nights and we enjoyed it. The staff members were very attentive and helpful. Your room rate includes a free hot breakfast which had a decent variety including waffles, eggs, potatoes, yogurt, fruit and biscuits and gravy. We went down to the evening reception which included free beer, wine, and soda and light snacks. The hotel was also kept very clean. Our daughter enjoyed the pool. Overall the hotel was a great pick and the price is right. Would definitely recommend staying here if you are in Madison.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

It could be a little more modernized, but at least it did have flat screens tv. We got the suite, so it was a nice 1 bedroom, with a living room, and small kitchenette area. It was nice and within walking distance of the Alliant Energy Center. Overall, it's a little old, but really nice for the price.

Room Tip: Get the suite
1  Thank ldfreeman
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Tonight is actually my first night at this hotel over three day stay. From the time I walked in I was greeted with smiles and treats at the front desk. We were having horrible storms at the time and they wanted to make sure I was okay and reminded me of the free cocktail reception if I need a drink. It's amazing how quickly I received great service! I am super excited to stay here another three night and can't wait to stay here again. It's great how each and every one of them smile and ask if they can help you with anything. More hotels could definitely take after them! My room is very spacious and very clean as well. I will definitely stay here again!

1  Thank Lindsay P
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I was looking for a hotel near Fitchburg, WI which is near Madison. Most of the hotels listed were in Madison and are very expensive. This hotel was actually the closest to where I was going to be and looked very affordable in comparison. What a good choice! The people are friendly and helpful, the rooms are suites and mine had a separate bedroom. There was a kitchenette, couch, coffee table, decent TV, separate HVAC for each room and a decent work desk and chair. The rooms were clean and comfy too. I suppose this reads like a commercial but this is where I'm coming back to when I have to stay in the area again.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We took a trip to Madison and decided at the last minute to stay overnight. We checked online and called a few places and initially we were going to stay at the Sheraton but they would not give us the online price so practically across the street we saw this hotel and walked in to check their rates. We were able to get cheaper rates online and booked it.
The lobby was pretty insignificant but there service was excellent.
They have a social hour which was nice, very good breakfast and a decent pool for the kids.
The rooms was spacious but a little outdated yet very clean.
The showers need more water pressure.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Manumanu T
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I just spent a long weekend here, and I have to say I was very happy. I’ll start with the best thing about the hotel – the customer service. I’m a stickler for good customer service. It’s hard to find these days, and it matters to me. Chris was at the front desk when we arrived. He was very professional, asked if we’d stayed there before, and when I said I hadn’t, provided a brief description of the hotel amenities and where to find everything. The breakfast was plentiful, and I appreciated the detail put into the presentation (cheese and salsa available for the eggs and strawberry topping – with real strawberries - and whipped cream for the waffles as examples). Six days a week, there are afternoon socials, where they offer free beer or wine and light snacks. Additionally, there are warm cookies at the front desk in the late afternoon. All this is included. The pool was clean, as were all the other common areas. The room was spacious, and I liked having a sink in the room, in addition to the refrigerator and microwave. Housekeeping also met all of our requests in a timely manner (we only had one or two). Location, from a standpoint of convenience, was good. You can pretty much get anywhere in Madison in 20 minutes or less. Location, in terms of having anything within walking distance, is not great. I wouldn’t take a walk outside near the hotel (though if you drive two minutes, you can park at Olin park and walk along the lake). The only true negative I can come up with is that the rooms are a little dated. I meant to take photos and then forgot, but some examples are the bottom of the bathtub (it was torn up a bit, no longer smooth), the sofa (when we took the cushions off to pull out the sleeper sofa, there was a gash in the fabric on the back of the sofa), the wall behind the bed by one of the nightstands (the paint was textured and there was a big area that was all black – it looked like someone had tried to clean it off and failed, so they just left it), and the sliding doors on the closet (difficult to close, not entirely on their track, I think). But the beds were comfortable and the room was clean. The good far outweighed the bad and I’d stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
ClarionMadison, General Manager at Clarion Suites at the Alliant Energy Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Jessica B.
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. It is wonderful to have such detailed feedback. I have shared this with my staff. It is truly appreciated when we have good things to share. I will also address your concerns with our Housekeeping and Maintenance staffs. Thank you for bringing them to our attention.
We hope that you will return again.
G. Niesl