“concert get away trip”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Madison-Northeast
Ranked #58 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We picked this motel for its price. It is a great place to stay. We had a big king size bed that was so comfortable. We could turn on our air condition on 3/22/12 in winter since it was in the 80's. We had an executive room. It came with a refr and microwave oven. We also had a coffee maker in our room. We got a good breakfast in the morning. I wish they had eggs.
The only thing I think they should fix is the back door near the parking lot was broken. Free parking. The staff was helpful and easy to locate in the hotel. They cleaned up right away with spray after someone eats at the breakfast table. They have laundary machines, popcorn for $1 in the snack machines, ice and pop machines. They have a nice hot tub and exercise place too. They also sell ice cream and pizza in a cooler near the office for the kids which is very nice and smart idea.
We are happy we came. :) :) We would come again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kathyloveshotel

Reviewed 22 March 2012

We chose a nicer room with wood interior and paid more. When a kleenex was pulled out, the dispenser came with it. The bathroom light was burned out, but they replaced that. They never replaced the light in a wood themed lamp. The maid did our room the second day without making the bed! I informed management so they could train her. I also mentioned our bar of soap was broken with a jagged edge when opened and needed replacement. In two days, that was never replaced. We stayed during low 80's record heat. The air conditioner worked if you left it on for hours. We stay in many Choice Hotels and the breakfast quality was below average. I was able to read e-mail on the guest computer but it was the slowest computer I have ever used.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Read prior reviews and still went for this low-cost option, expecting $42 would get us in from the cold for the night, and then happy to leave the next morning. But to our delight, we found great accommodations and a friendly staff! Perhaps we're the exception, but we'd stay here again without hesitation.

Upon entering, we were met with a modernized and clean lobby, sitting area with big screen TV (and cheering Packers fans watching a game), and breakfast area.

The staff was very friendly and attentive.

Our room was ample, clean (freshly painted) and comfortable.

And the breakfast was as good as it gets for motels at twice the price - fresh fruit, juice, cereals, make-your-own waffles, hard-boiled eggs, and biscuits & gravy(?? thought this a bit odd, as more used to seeing this in the South.)

We'd do it again!

Room Tip: Negotiated for 10% AAA discount and then room upgrade on first floor at no extra charge (was priced...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2012

They quote one price on the internet, and then when you come overcharge you. The place is old and falling apart. Stay away!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank 300Irene
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I've stayed here a few times for an annual reunion on a football weekend. This place has really gone downhill the past year. Odd smell, sketchy clientele. How do you screw up continental breakfast? - serve really old bagels.

Find something else.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Lumpy_NewBerlin
Reviewed 9 August 2011

This was a family get away for us. There was six of us so we booked a suite. I thought we got a great deal! I went and checked in and thought this is a pretty nice place looking at the lobby. Now I am NOT a picky person by any means...I'm a small town country girl so it takes a lot to upset me, gross me out and give me the hebegebies, but this place was able to do all three...it takes the cake!!! We got our luggage from our car and proceeded to the second floor. Upon opening the second floor stair door we were hit with an OVERWHELMING stench of CAT PEE! It was terrible! It is an unmistakable stench so We quickly entered our room and went over to turn the air on at which time we found the floor sopping wet. Apparently the air conditioner that did not fit well in the wall and looked like it was ready to fall out at any time was leaking all over the floor. So we had to avoid that area all weekend. It was hard to do with six ppl in a small room. Before we went to Dinner the girls - 3 of them took showers there was ONLY 3 towels in the room ....this is a six person room! When we came back from dinner and sight seeing the oldest daughter -20 yrs old and one of my 13 yr old girls went to ask for more towels for in the morning. The man at the front desk was rude and basically dismissed my daughters by walking out of the room when it was their turn to be waited on. They stood there for 10 minutes while he disappeared into the back...waiting for him to return. Finally he returned and rudely asked the girls what they wanted. My oldest asked for 6 towels as there were 6 of us in the room and we all planened on taking showers early in the AM. He said 6???? What room are you in? She told him and said that we have 6 ppl in the room. He then said weren't there towels in the room. She told him only 3 he retorted with well I am only giving you 4 more. So as far as the service...rude and unbelievable! I honestly have never stayed at a hotel where I was AFRAID of what might be on the sheets, bedspread, and mattress. This one was the first. I found myself looking for bedbugs and any other creepy crawly thing there is. Do not stay at this hotel unless you really don't care. There are better out there for a good price also. I completely regret booking this PIG STY!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank shelbelle69
Reviewed 14 September 2010

In Wisconsin for the Ironman and we paid $88 a night, probably the cheapest rate in the area and now I know why.

I have never stayed in a hotel where I could hear the people walking in the room above me. Wouldn't recommend staying here without ear plugs.

Room was stuffy, musty and had cobwebs. Housekeeping made the bed, and put in new towels, but didn't bother to clean the sink taps the entire week we were there. Makes me wonder what else isn't getting cleaned.

Jay at the front desk was very nice and welcoming.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family