“Wonderful”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Madison-Northeast
Ranked #58 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I am in my 60's and visit Madison every year. I always stay here... They have everything I need.. Senior discount;complimentary breakfast; big bed;recliner;Charter TV; fridge; microwave; coffee; free wifi; a safe! and 'handy holds' to help me get in and out of the bath. The staff know me and I usually get the same ground floor room. It's like going home. Well done Madison Rodeway...see you next year

Room Tip: don't be embarrassed to say you need help .Ground floor rooms are available
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn & Suites Madison-Northeast

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I booked this room because it was the only hotel with available rooms in Madison. There was crusted stains (food?) on the pillows; the carpet was dirty and sticky; I had to lay towels down to even sit in the chairs because of the stains; and the smell of the hotel was horrendous. This would be a terrible value if it were free. Sadly, I paid through the roof since there was an expo in town, and this was the only hotel for miles with available rooms. If I were in the same situation, I think I'd rather sleep in my car, or stay in a different city.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

The place had a odor and was old and run down. Would not stay again. When I turned on the A/C the moldy smell got worse. I recommend trying one of the other hotels around the corner.
Never doing mystery hotel from Travelocity again!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank ieye
Reviewed 16 July 2013

very dirty and smelly. would not recommend to a dog. carpet in hallway very dirty. machinery in hallways. big gaps in walls that indicated something had been removed. never even took time to dust the area dust all over the place.very eerie and creepy. will not recommend to anyone.stayed at super8 in may. super 8 is looking better and better. place is a dump, not a hotel

Room Tip: do not book
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank vanessa158
Reviewed 8 May 2013

The Rodeway Inn and Suites offers spacious rooms, comfortable and safe surroundings at a great price/value for any guest. The extended complimentary continental breakfast has not only the basics but also includes biscuits and gravy, waffles,and much more. The hotel is also convenient to the beltline, East Towne Mall, and many restraunts, The busline is a short walking distance. I would definitely reccomend this hotel. The staff is also friendly. Pets are also welcome at an additional cost of $10.00 per pet.

Room Tip: They also have theme and Jaccuzi rooms available for a slightly higher rate.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Stayed here with my brother during the high school state boys basketball tournament. This was my first visit and since we were staying for three nights we wanted something that would fit our budget. The rates for this hotel are the cheapest you will find for any other hotel in Madison. We were glad to see a whirlpool and continental breakfast provided. The hotel is outdated and the hallway lighting is pretty poor with outdated carpet and some bad odor. Our room however was the opposite, it was clean which is the most important thing, flat screen tv, and fridge/microwave was all in our room. However the whirlpool was like bath water (not hot at all) and the breakfast was very limited. I have stayed at a variety of Choice hotels and usually Choice hotels have a good breakfast selection, this hotel was very limited. We were not at the hotel much at all which made this a good deal for us. If you are looking for just a place to sleep and don't plan to spend a lot of time in the hotel then I would recommend this for the bargain price. If you plan to be at the hotel for awhile I would look somewhere else.

Room Tip: 7 days advance purchase will give you the cheapest rate.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank pjfreeman11
Reviewed 23 January 2013

On our way back from Yellowstone last summer we stayed here for one night. The front desk staff was not very organized as they were trying to deal with several things at once (checking us in, dealing with a customer on the phone and also trying to calm a guest who was upset about something). When we were able to go to our room, the hallway leading to the room was poorly lit and the carpet was rather dirty and stained. Upon entering the room there was a heavy body odor smell in the room. The bathroom was very dated and stained as well.

Breakfast the next morning was nothing special and we were quite glad to get back on the road. Despite the decent rates, odds are pretty good that we will not be staying there again!

There was also quite a bit of road construction going on at the time that made the area a bit difficult to navigate.

If possible, I would recommend staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family