“Very nice hotel! Loved it!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Madison American Center
Ranked #27 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Very nice hotel! Loved it!”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Very pleasant stay at the La Quinta. The staff couldn't have been any nicer. Tracy checked us in and was extremely delightful to deal with. I had requested a room on the upper floor when I booked online, and Tracy confirmed it with me with a smile at check in. (I got the 4th floor. Very pleased! Thank you, La Quinta!) Tracy even gave me a call to check in with me to make sure everything was good after I settled in. Customer service goes above and beyond at this hotel. Huge plus in my book.

The hotel property as a whole, was clean, spacious and had all the amenities. Nice pool and hot tub, great Continental breakfast with ample seating and tables, a very decent workout room, a 24 hour convenience store and pretty hallways throughout.

The room itself was clean and spotless. Very spacious with a huge bathroom. Extra bonuses, like a microwave, fridge, iron, ironing board and hair dryer. Quiet and peaceful, even though it was a sold out night.

My only complaint, and its not a biggie - but I was a bit surprised at how low the wall mounted lights on the staircases were. I had no problem with them. But I'm only 5'1". Taller folks could potentially run into them as they are walking down the stairs. They protrude out from the wall on the railing side. I told my friend to look out for that as he was walking down.

Upon checkout, it was Mary who was working behind the desk, and just like Tracy, she was equally great to work with. Very personable. Offered great advice to the Mom with the teething baby checking out before me, how to sooth the gums and calm the baby. Such a great staff here!

Overall, I was extremely pleased with the quality, service and amenities of this hotel. And all at a very decent price. Will definitely stay again next time I visit Madison!

Thanks!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tina C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Highland Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 September 2012

we enjoyed staying here. There was an accident with our room reservation where it had accidentally been put on a room the following weekend, but the hotel staff fixed it by upgrading us to a queen suite which was wonderful.
I loved that it was clean and in a good location, the staff was friendly and eager to be helplful if you wanted to figure out locations of things or good places to go.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank bacalhau w
novelty, ohio
Reviewed 7 September 2012

stayed going to and coming home from minnesota - about halfway to cleveland, oh. clean room, staff very helpful to arrange "pet free" due to allergies. mary was excellent. room had everything ref/micro separate rooms each with a tv. good value when booked ahead

Room Tip: 4th floor king with jacuzzi
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mrgorgonslayer
East Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 5 September 2012

This hotel is new, clean, well decorated and very comfortable. We were able to sprawl out in a double-queen suite which had two rooms, two TVs, a refrigerator and microwave. The breakfast was a pretty nice spread for free. The staff were all very friendly and the parking was free. There is a decent Irish restaurant about 1/2 mile away. Our only complaints were: the bathroom needed towel racks so we could more easily reuse our towels; the sofa bed was not comfortable (much to the chagrin of the teen who "called it" so he could have a room to himself!); and it is quite a drive into the city-- maybe 25-30 minutes in a lot of traffic if you take the most direct route. Ask the staff for tips how to drive iinto downtown.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Very welcoming and helpful staff, very comfortable rooms , stayed in king suite. Will definitely stay there again and again. Breakfast very good for price with a few hot items and fruit. No restaurant within walking distance, but refrigerator and microwave in room.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed 31 August 2012

This hotel was great for the money. My wife & I were just looking for an inexpensive place to stay, while helping our daughter move into a apartment before school. The staff was friendly & helpful. The rooms were clean and quiet. We needed to do some laundry prior to our daughter moving in, the staff told us they had washers & dryers, but we needed bigger machines. They directed us to a nearby laundrymat. The breakfast was typical and abundant. At night, the rooms (& hallway) are quiet...allowing me to get my beauty sleep (LOL). They are not far from the mall, and the parking is free. Like a previous poster stated, there is only 1 elevator, but it was not an issue for us. Overall, good value for the money.

Room Tip: If you are in a hurry, try the lower floors as there is only one elevator.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 30 August 2012

The staff was great at the front desk. They were very proactively helpful. It was a nice room, very clean and comfy. I was there on a Friday night and the bar was closed, and it is in the middle of an office park, so there is no where to walk to if your there with no rental car.

Over all, none of the previous posts are over stated. It was very nice property.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator to avoid the noise might be a tip, but the property was very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business