“Excellent service”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Madison American Center
Ranked #33 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The pool was closed when we arrived, and when I mentioned at the front desk that our little girls were disappointed that they couldn't swim, we were immediately upgraded to a king suite with a jacuzzi! Our little ones were happy to swim in the tub and we loved the suite!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The La Quinta Inn was a pleasant surprise as an overnight stop on our way to Chicago. It was an easy, but quiet location off the interstate. The room was VERY spacious with a separate sitting area from the bedroom - very nice for my husband and I, as he is an early riser and could shut the door to the bedroom and watch TV and read the newspaper without waking me.
The only negative was the breakfast. It was very poor quality and they are not environmentally friendly with all of the disposable plates, bowls, cups and eating utensils. Most hotels make an effort to launder sheets & towels less, yet they continue to use paper and styrofoam for their breakfast serving goods. They only seem to want to be concerned about the environment when it saves them time, labor and money.

The breakfast area was nice and spacious however.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Traveling with Dogs is often a settling for accommodations. Not So for this Hotel. It is in a rather odd area as it more of a corporate area but the service, amenities etc. are what you would expect with cop orate clients. But.. you get to have the same service execs and training people for corporations in the area experience BUT you dog is welcome too! I needed a ground floor(easier with large dogs) and they put me in a suite for the same price(Sunday nite so might have been easier). I was on my way to 3 day Dog oriented Seminar and was sad that I hadn't had the forsight to stay here and have the <30 mile drive to our location. I will do that next time as it is an annual event! I will also bring my bathing suit for a relaxing evening afterwards! Great accommodations, very friendly staff(I love it when people tell me how well mannered my large dogs are since I have spent time making them that way) Next time I am in the Madison area it will be my go to home away from home! It is perfect for dog owners who want some area for exercising (pottying) their dogs. Please be responsible and pick up after them. The grounds were well maintained but I would suggest supplying a roll( very low cost and suggestive of personal responsibility) to all dog families as they check in. Breakfast was much as one would expect. More fruit and yogurt would be fine. I always love when there are boiled eggs on offer. I usually dislike hotel coffee and this was just as I expected so no surprise. Search out the Starbucks and Cariboo in the area and you will be set for the day!

Room Tip: There are not a lot of restaurants or services adjacent to the hotel as it is in a corporate climate...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Definitely not what we're used to for a La Quinta. The pool was closed for maintenance our entire stay and we specifically booked here for a pool. Breakfast was fair at best and the coffee was awful. The drain in our bathtub was running slow and we reported it but nothing was done. Next trip to Madison we won't be staying here. Staff really didn't seem to care about our concerns.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This hotel has great staff. It's clean and close to freeway. And allows dogs. Morning breakfast was good. Internet was great. If there is a problem all you have to do is call down to front desk and it is handled.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This laQuinta is away from the hustle of Madison. Easy off the interstate. Cannot beat the value of this hotel. My favorite things about LaQuinta is the texting when your room is ready and the fact that they DO NOT have bedspreads. We all know the bedspreads are not washed between customers. LaQuinta has a heavier sheet that resembles a bedspread with a throw built into the sheet along the bottom of the bed. It looks like a spread, but is not. Good for you, LaQuinta! This property, unlike their others, has a Bar in the lobby, which was really nice. Breakfast so, so, but what do we want for less than $100/night

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2014

A decent value for basic, but good. Staff are very friendly. In general the facility is nice, clean.

I stayed on the third floor, in a room with king sized bed. It also had a sleeper sofa in the room. Decent cable channels. Clean room - came with a small refrigerator, which was a nice little bonus. Bed was comfortable, linens nice. All rooms are non smoking, thank goodness.

Bath tub drain was very sluggish, otherwise, bathroom was clean, basic, adequate. I reported the drain problem to the clerk at the front desk when I checked out, and her response was appropriate - she apologized and said she would report that to maintenance and have it taken care of. Ample towels, decent quality - nothing posh, but also not chintzy either.

Breakfast is included with the price of lodging - mostly simple carbohydrates - bagels, doughnuts, make your own waffles, cereals, juice, etc. It's a nice thing to have, but it wasn't for me. I toasted a bagel and had cream cheese, but it did not taste as good as what you can get at the grocery store.

I have traveled to Madison frequently, and I've stayed at other hotels. I was in town on business, and the room was provided for me. I was thankful to have lodging provided, and this one suited my basic needs and basic expectations.

I think this hotel would be very appropriate for families with children, who would like the type of breakfast food that is offered here, as part of the amenities of the establishment - make your own waffles, fruit salad, juice, milk would be a decent enough basic breakfast for children, and you can get the food and take it back to your room or eat it in their eating area.

They also have an indoor pool, although the night I stayed there it was closed due to maintenance issues.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business