Magnuson Grand Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Motel 6(Madison)
View Hotel
All reviewsho chunk casinofamily christmasmatch playasked the desk clerkfavorite roompaint jobnice continental breakfasthot tubson's weddingwafflesfelt like homebiscuits and gravygreat ratemorning breakfastmadison wiaverage hotelgreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 January 2013

When we pulled up we realized this hotel was in the middle of nowhere. It was great. Prices were excellent. We had a room with a jacuzzi. Very nice. Very quiet and the workers were pleasant. Breakfast was really good also. We will return

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2013

This hotel was very reasonably priced for booking a last minute room. Within 1/2 mile of the casino, this was the better choice of hotels. Even though it is an independent hotel, which I usually avoid, this hotel offered the same ameneties as other hotel chains.

Pool was excellent and very warm
Beds were fairly comfortable (a bit on the firm side, but not too bad)
Refrigerator and microwave in the room

I would recommend it to anyone who wants to stay close to the casino.

Room Tip: Ask for the casino voucher if you plan on going.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We stayed here because my cousin was getting married next door at Capital City Harley Davidson dealership (tell you about that later). During check in I asked about the shuttle to Ho Chunk Casino (which is about 2 minutes from the hotel). The receptionist told me they call the Casino to come pick up guests. Once she found out we were interested in the Casino, she offered us a $10.00 voucher each to use at the Casino. She had to date it for the day you are going to use it. I believe they would not have offered this unless they know you might be going.

Room was clean and comfortable. Didn't spend a lot of time in the room. It did have a refrigerator and microwave which we did not use. We were only staying one night so didn't pack my shampoo or conditioner because most hotels supply. They did have shampoo but no conditioner. Sat down in the lobby as we had several family members staying here for the wedding. Very comfortable. One thing I have never seen before is they actually sell beer, wine or champagne right at the front desk. You could buy a Miller Lite for $3.00/bottle. The next morning I did not take full advantage of the breakfast offered but my husband did. He said the biscuits and gravy were good and the eggs were ok. I only had a couple of powdered doughnuts. Some of my family members mentioned how nice/helpful the staff was.

The wedding/reception was right next door at the Harley Davidson dealership. You could walk out the front door of the Hotel into the parking lot, cross through some grass and you were in the parking lot of the Harley Davidson dealership. That was awsome! Don't understand the addresses of the hotel and dealership for being right next door, anyway, reception hall upstairs and I was very impressed. Very classy!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We stayed here October !9 and 20 for my sons wedding excellent service the staff was wonderful The room was very comfortable.the shuttle service back and forth to my sons weeding was an excellent service. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank barb m
Reviewed 20 October 2012

My husband and I stayed here the end of September. Though our room was spacious, it was in need of updating including painting, new carpeting, and fixing the cracked window (Room 402). I could tell the hotel cleaning staff did not open the drapes when they cleaned that day, otherwise they would have found tissue stuck in the upper track of the window. That was kind of gross. The desk person upon checking in was very nice however, the two ladies in the morning were not as friendly and even though one was on the phone did not acknowledge my presence. Breakfast should be served until 10:00 instead of 9:00 for late travelers. Otherwise, an OK stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple