Magnuson Grand Hotel
US$243
US$213
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Madison - Downtown(Madison)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$100
Super 8 Madison South(Madison)(Great Value!)
US$79
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
US$87
US$80
Best Western East Towne Suites(Madison)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$86
Orbitz.com
All reviewsho chunk casinofamily christmasmatch playasked the desk clerkfavorite roompaint jobnice continental breakfasthot tubson's weddingwafflesfelt like homebiscuits and gravygreat ratemorning breakfastmadison wiaverage hotelgreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I stayed here with my daughter on our way to and from Minnesota. The hotel could use a cosmetic update, but other than that it was great. We checked in late on our trip home and the front desk made us a pizza for dinner ($10) - even brought it to our room with plates and plasticware.

Room Tip: We stayed on different floors each time. It seemed like on the higher up floor you could hear the road noise from the highway more.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I wanted to plan a little getaway, in the Madison area. Like other people, I aslo read reviews. I was not firmiliar with this hotel but made my reservation based on the area and reviews. I was pleased when pulling in to the parking lot with the over all look. I was not prepared to hear the front desk clerk say she did NOT have my reservations on file, after driving an hour and seeing there was an obvious sporting event going on and the place was packed. I was alittle nervous but thanks to Stephanie (front desk clerk) she found my paper work from my online booking, which had been entered in for the wrong month stay. Stephanie was very professional in rectifying this problem. Luckily, there was ONE last room available. This hotel has all amenities you could want, nice clean rooms and friendly staff. I also appreciated Aaron (manager) for following up with me by phone. Nice hotel. I look forward to a future stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I tend to trust the reviews on TripAdvisor an usually agree with my fellow reviewers, but my impression definitely differs from recent reviews. When we arrived at check-in time, the outside trash cans were overflowing with garbage. There was no one at the front desk to greet us. That's because she was standing outside taking a smoke break. When she came in, she was friendly and professional, but smelled like an ash tray. The lobby was clean and so were the rooms. However, the rooms were in need of a face-lift. Very 90's with a small tube t.v. and the mattresses on the beds were very uncomfortable. Walls were thin and we could hear most of what was going on in the room next door. I went to use the fitness facility the next morning at 7:30am, and there were water cups all over the floor and no towels or spray to clean off the machines. It obviously hadn't been cleaned from the day prior. When we checked out, the garbage cans outside were still overflowing with trash. I was not impressed by this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sasajs22
Reviewed 23 January 2013

When we pulled up we realized this hotel was in the middle of nowhere. It was great. Prices were excellent. We had a room with a jacuzzi. Very nice. Very quiet and the workers were pleasant. Breakfast was really good also. We will return

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2013

This hotel was very reasonably priced for booking a last minute room. Within 1/2 mile of the casino, this was the better choice of hotels. Even though it is an independent hotel, which I usually avoid, this hotel offered the same ameneties as other hotel chains.

Pool was excellent and very warm
Beds were fairly comfortable (a bit on the firm side, but not too bad)
Refrigerator and microwave in the room

I would recommend it to anyone who wants to stay close to the casino.

Room Tip: Ask for the casino voucher if you plan on going.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family