HotelRED
US$137
US$119
CambriaHotels
Comfort Inn Madison - Downtown(Madison)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$95
ComfortInn
AmericInn by Wyndham Madison West(Madison)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$137
US$195
US$177
  • Breakfast included
Best Western East Towne Suites(Madison)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$88
US$81
US$76
Sleep Inn & Suites Madison(Madison)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$71
SleepInn
All reviewshotel redcamp randallhonor barfield houseaveda productsmonroe streetpolished concreteboutique hoteldairy barfootball stadiumcool hotelsoaking tubmini barbedroom suitegreat showermodern decorbadger game
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We stayed here in August 2012. We enjoyed the hotel. The contemporary decor was really fun. The bathroom shower was terrific, products are Aveda, and the toilet was in a separate water closet. The kitchenette was a nice surprise. There is a polished concrete floor, which was great in the summer; there was a sign that said they would provide slippers if you needed them. There were expensive snacks available, but that's pretty standard. We are from the west coast and we have noticed recycling is not very common in the Midwest. This hotel had no recycling either. The front desk staff was very helpful and gave us a free pass for the Red Bicycles. Though this hotel is not right downtown, the red bikes will get you there in a few minutes. A docking station is located right across the street and its $5 for 24 hours. We did have a bummer when our pass only worked for one us (though it was supposed to be for both of us) so we had to pay for one. The other bummer was that housekeeping skipped us! We left the room around 1:30, so there was plenty of time. We didn't say anything to the front desk since we were leaving the next day. Overall though, we enjoyed this hotel, its location, and would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Jason I, General Manager at HotelRED, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Thanks a lot for the helpful review. We very much appreciate the feedback.

It sounds like we missed a few items in your stay. We pride ourselves on making sure the guests stay is wonderful, so I’m sorry to hear we missed some things. First, we do have a recycling program. Unfortunately we must have neglected to place a bag in your rooms. Second, housekeeping never should have skipped your room. I will work with the housekeeping department to ensure we provide service to everyone and complete all the details in your room.

Please let me know if you ever stay with us again. I want to ensure you have a wonderful Madison experience (including giving you as many B-cycle passes as you need!). Thank you again for the feedback and choosing HotelRED. I hope you have a great rest of the year.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

As new UW-Madison parents, we thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to HotelRED. Even though it was a chaotic and very busy game day (the hotel is conveniently located directly across from the football stadium), the staff was extremely pleasant, welcoming and accommodating. The room was beautifully appointed, loft style decor, wonderful balcony with view of the stadium, comfy sitting area in room, fabulous shower and dreamlike bedding, all good. The extra plus was a complimentary shuttle with very friendly driver who dropped us off and picked us up from bustling State street with ease and a smile. Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Do spring for a balcony, fabulous fresh air experience.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anne g

Thank you very much for choosing HotelRED. I am pleased to hear you had a great stay. We are so lucky to have a wonderful staff. I will make sure to pass on your kind words to everyone.

If you ever stay with us again please let me know. I’d love to make your experience even better.

I hope you have a wonderful fall and thanks again.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

The hotel describes itself as a chic boutique hotel. Well, I'm no hip travel guide, but this place was more like a chic parking garage renovated into a hotel. Bare cement floors and ceilings throughout the room, hallways, everywhere. I felt like the architect was going for a post apocalyptic fallout shelter theme.The room was no larger than anything you would find at a Super 8, but it did have a small kitchenette area complete with 2 knives, 2 forks, 4 spoons, an assortment of 2 wine glass, 2 water glasses, 2 small square plates and 2 larger square plates. There was a micro, dishwasher, cook top, and refrigerator. The refrigerator was stuffed to the max with beer, liquor, sodas, juices, etc. We had to empty the thing so that we could put in our own stuff. Snacks were on the counter with the typical gouging type prices ($2.50 for a Snickers). The bathroom area is separated from the rest of the room by a sliding panel, not a door. The bed was super comfy, great flat panel tv, at least 36", and parking was free with valet available. The location is absolutely fantastic 7 days of the year, Badger football Saturdays. The rest of the year, don't waste the money, you'll really be disappointed. The restaurant, for breakfast, was pretty lame. A great attempt to look like some high end deal, the food was a bust. If you order anything other than eggs and sausage you got microwaved junk. Looked great, but yuck, it wasn't made to order. My daughter's bacon was half cooked and dripping with grease. This was after her initial order was sent back because it was cold. $12 for 2 eggs, 2 sausage patties, frozen & microwaved potatoes, and toast. Eat next door at Mickies Dairy Bar or any Perkins.

The positives just don't outweigh the price and generally poor location.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank AWisconsintravler

Thank you very much for staying with us at HotelRED. I am very sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your stay. We pride ourselves on delivering a quality product and clearly we didn’t meet your standards.

HotelRED is a modern building with style that is not for everyone. Even if it’s not for you we try to create a memorable stay through our service. Sadly we missed the mark in several areas. In particular, all of our food is made to order and freshly prepared. Thanks to your feedback I will work with the kitchen to ensure every guest in our restaurant leaves happy.

If you ever choose to stay with us again please let me know for I would love to show everything our location has to offer. We are located on Monroe Street, a diverse commercial avenue in the heart of a charming neighborhood. Monroe features one of a kind shops and independent restaurants. We are also close to several parks, lakes and many cultural amenities.

Thank you again for staying with us and for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback. I can assure you that I will use your information to improve HotelRED.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

HotelRED has been a wonderful addition to Madison! I have enjoyed quite a few nights here since they opened and had great experiences each time. For work, we often need off-site meeting locations and HotelRED has been a wonderful change of pace for us!

Just this past week we had a meeting scheduling mistake (our fault, not HotelRED's) and they some how found the bodies, the resources and even the food to get the meeting room all set up and ready for us on time (including lunch!) - no one at the meeting had a clue that HotelRED had to put it together last minute. Went off without a hitch!

The staff is very attentive and fun! The rooms are very modern - just my style. LOVE this place!
Can't wait for our next stay for the Badger Game next month - talk about perfect location for the biggest party in town!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2012 via mobile

If you like a prison setting in the middle of no where. If you like cast cement walls. If you like window unit acs. This is exactly the place for you but.... Save 100 bucks and go to the econalodge. Not a very nice place.

• Stayed: September 2012