“Great trendy hotel”

Ranked #11 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Chicago
“Great trendy hotel”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I came to Madison for a recruiting trip at UW-Madison and stayed at the Hotel Red hotel. I did not know what to expect, but the hotel was great. I stayed in the Premier Studio Suite and the room was set up like a loft with trendy furniture and a mini kitchen. The room also had a nice size balcony. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Jason I, General Manager at HotelRED, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you so much for the nice note about HotelRED. We certainly appreciate your kind words. I hope you had a successful recruiting trip!

If you ever in Madison again please let me know, we’d love to make your stay even better.

I hope you have a great weekend and thanks again.

Jason Ilstrup

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We booked a room here for the WI Badger game on a Saturday night. We were able to get the room for one night, where most other locations all required a 2 night stay. The hotel was exactly what we were looking for. You couldn't possibly get any closer to Camp Randall! The roof was very modern and the bed was super comfortable. All necessary options were in the room including a fridge, stove, coffee maker, pull out sofa sleeper, microwave. We may have spent a little more to stay here, but it was definitely worth it!
We would pick this hotel again without any thought.

Room Tip: Our balcony overlooked Camp Randall!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Jason I, General Manager at HotelRED, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us for a Badger game. It sounds like you had a great time. We are very lucky to be directly across from Camp Randall Stadium – it certainly provides a great vantage point.

We are also very thankful for the nice review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests.
If you ever need anything at all over a future trip to Madison please let me know. I’d love to help however I can.

I hope you have a great winter and thanks again for staying with us.

Central Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Right across from Camp Randall stadium. Great shower, modern decor, great check in. We were offered a cocktail upon checking in and were given excellent chocolates. The beds were comfortable, including the sleeper sofa in the living area. We had breakfast at the hotel - interesting menu including great dauphinoise potatoes. Our server, Ashley, was attentive without hovering and told us some history of the hotel. This is a great place to stay in Madison, right in the middle of all the action.

Room Tip: The two bedroom suites are very room and include two full baths.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Loft style hotel. A bit drab and cold. Not the most user friendly parking and unloading. Great shower!!! Small boutique and pet friendly. Good food. Rooms had "Everything" good for a long stay....Dishwasher, dishes, cook top, sofa, chairs and a desk, WiFi, 2-great food places next door (attached to the same Building)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Jason I, General Manager at HotelRED, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Thanks you very much for staying with us at HotelRED. It sounds like you enjoyed both your stay and the local restaurants.

Thank you as well for your comments about parking. In the last week or so we have changed our parking area to make it easier on our traffic. We hope that by paving over the entire area we allow for a smoother arrival process.

If you ever need anything in a future visit to Madison please let me know. We’d love to try and make your next stay better.

Thank you again and I hope you have a great winter.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Right across from the stadium. Outstanding service, comfortable beds, modern clean rooms. We even got a complimentary ride to and from dinner.Though this hotel is long walk or ride to state street you can't beat the location for coming in town for a game. The bloody Mary's at the bar are ranked in my top 3 with bacon and a strawsage stick even. Can't say enough about this place. We came in town for the Badger vs BYU football game and the guys always stay closer to state street but said the Red is the place from now on. Expensive but worth it. The breakfast joint next door "dairy bar" or something is worth the wait if there is a line out front...they move 'em fast.

Room Tip: The elevator can be slow. Go for floor 2 and take the stairs when u have no luggage with you.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for staying with us over a Badger game day weekend. It sounds like you had a great time! Your kind words about our hotel are so appreciated. I will make sure to let all of our team know.

If you ever need anything over a future visit to Madison please let me know. I’d love to try and make your stay even better.

I hope you have a wonderful winter and thank you again for everything.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I was fortunate enough to stay in a two bedroom suite in October. I couldn't ask for a better experience! The location of HotelRED was perfect. My room's balcony overlooked Camp Randall and we were minutes from capitol square.

Room were perfect. Modern but comfortable and inviting.

I had lunch at The Wise and enjoyed an awesome special. I ran into one of the cooks while heading back up to my room and he was extremely friendly, asking what I had and how it was. He obviously knew I was with the large group in their private meeting space. Those little touches made a great experience!

Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This hotel is literally across the street from Camp Randall so if you're here for a Badger game you cannot get much better. My daughter was touring the campus and I was sick so I got plenty of time to get to know our room and she was in walking distance of everything she needed to do. The rooms are modern with neutral black, white and greys and of course red as an accent color. There is only a walk in shower in the bathroom but that's ok because it was a great shower with body jets and a tall overhead shower head which is great if you are tall like we are. Rooms were clean and had all the basic amenities and free WIFi. The staff was polite and efficient. It has underground parking. That is nice considering the location. The only downside is since it is close to the campus there is a lot of traffic, if you are a light sleeper like I am you might want a higher floor or a room not facing Monroe St. There isn't much they can do about that so I don't count it against the hotel because it's excellent in every other way. I highly recommend this hotel if you have business at UW

Room Tip: Light sleeper? Ask for a higher floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business