“A bit shabby”

Best Western East Towne Suites
Ranked #13 of 63 Hotels in Madison
“A bit shabby”
Reviewed 25 October 2011

This is a very convienent hotel to stay at if you need to be on the east side. Since I was working in Milwaukee and Madison this was an easy commute and avoided the downtown traffic. The Hotel has seen better days. The sheets were pilled, but that is really the only negative. At this price point, you get what you pay for. This BW is not fashionable or sparkly, it is clean enough, but it was decorated in the 1980's. Your dining options in the area are the normal restaurants available at any Mall-TGIF, Outback, Red Lobster. Madison has great restaurants, they are not located by this hotel. As I said earlier, only stay here if you need to hop on 90/94 early.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Finnish first
Baxter, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 October 2011

We booked our night stay on hot wire and they games us a the room with the Murphy bed. Is was very hard and I was thankful that I pulled out the sofa sleeper before I went to bed. Not sure what was the most comfortable. :)

The breakfast in the morning was very good. Eggs, sausage, breakfast fries and waffles.

For the price it was ok but they really need to change the mattress on the Murphy bed

I would be a great room if you where there with a large group. ie. Party Room

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Capitan, New Mexico
Reviewed 23 September 2011

A welcoming lobby and pleasant staff. My room was cute and well kept up. Very clean. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful. If I had a concern, the hallways could've been brighter, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. I got a great rate through Priceline, and after an unpleasant experience at a shoddy motel, coming here was like a little slice of heaven!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Kaukauna, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Stayed for two nights as we were in town for a football game. Resonable rates from Best western online. When a game is town room rates go up. This is an older Hotel that the staff works hard to keep in shape. I thought hallways were dark and the room was dark much more light needed. We heard no noise all w/e. Bed was ok kind of lumpy. Some areas had newer carpeting our room carpeting was torn. The morning breakfast was good. Bacon,sausage potatoes, eggs etc. the food was good. There is just something missing just can't quite put my finger on it. We would maybe stay here again

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Illinois
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We stayed in the this hotel on our last night of vacation. We made the reservation without realizing that they are a completely pet friendly location. I am severely allergic to cats and dogs so I voiced concern over the room they put us in. They allowed me to check out a couple of rooms to see if they would work. We found one that did not cause me any problems. The room was clean and the hotel itself was nice. However, when we asked for a late checkout, the next morning, we were told "no" because they were completely full and needed to get housekeeping in there. We checked out on time and were upset to hear the same lady tell a father and son that they could have a late check out (they both wanted to take showers) and to "not worry about it". That made us angry. I guess we upset them by checking the room before we stayed. I don't know but we will not stay with them again. All we asked for was an extra hour. If they could allow them, they should have allowed us.

Room Tip: They were the only hotel, we stayed with on our vacation, that didn't have any specials on rooms...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Chicago
Reviewed 21 August 2011

While I would love to write a review that is overly critical because of this properties' faults, the service for the price was perfect. When I checked in I asked for a room that was away from children, he gave me a corner room that was quiet! The room was circa 1980's dull, the shower and bathroom was more like a 1 star property despite the generous supply of towels, and the electric outlets (in the room and the cafe) seemed to barely function for charging my electronics. That being said, the large bed was fine, the hot water plentiful, and the free hot breakfast delicious. The free parking and free internet also are big plusses! Major flaws included the mold where the tile meets the shower surround (this is visible to me because I'm 6'3", so not visible to most), the bottle opener attached to the wall (not a quality of a property that touts itself as 3 stars), and the rattle and buzz of the air cooling unit. Yes, I'd stay here again. It's cheap and the breakfast is worth about $10. If I could stay downtown at the "other" three star properties, I would in a heartbeat. This was a property that was booked on Hotwire where the assertion of three stars originated.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We have stayed here many times over the past 10 years. It is a fine hotel with very nice, and large, rooms, a wonderful pool and spa, and a real breakfast with much more than donuts. They actually cook and serve real food! The staff is always pleasant, if only a bit overworked, and helpful in every way.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family