Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Madison, WI
US$137
US$119
CambriaHotels
Comfort Inn Madison - Downtown(Madison)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$85
ComfortInn
AmericInn by Wyndham Madison West(Madison)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$94
US$234
US$206
Doubletree.com
US$173
US$157
  • Breakfast included
Best Western East Towne Suites(Madison)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$88
US$137
US$194
US$172
  • Breakfast included
US$81
US$76
Sleep Inn & Suites Madison(Madison)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$71
SleepInn
All reviewscookiesthe original pancake housenon smoking roomliving areaquiet locationwafflesking suitehotel is locatedone night staywould stay here againeasy accessdesk clerkclean roomshot tubpillowsexpresswaymicrowave
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Visited Monona, which is what this hotel is closer to than Madison by far, for a funeral and stayed for one night. Let me preface by saying that I have had family in this area for many years but never stayed at this property because it was priced so much higher than everything else close by so had high expectations. Got a deal this time and so we tried it.

Check-in was easy and quick. Front desk service was always professional and friendly.

The room was adequate. I had expected maybe bigger, or higher quality because of the price thing but it looked like just about every other moderate hotel room I have ever been in. Decent amenities - fridge, microwave, larger flat screen TV. Air controller worked fine. Towels were okay but not great.

I thought the bed was a little squishy, and I did have a sore back when I woke up. Also, it would have been nice to have a lamp on each side of the bed. Others in my group thought the bed was okay.

Used the spa and pool for a little bit, spa was not super hot but had great jet pressure. Pool was okay. Chemical use was not over the top.

We did not eat breakfast as we had a family meal elsewhere, but there seemed to be plenty of good choices for food.

Check out was also easy, although housekeeping was knocking on the door at 8:55am.

Overall a nice, clean property - I just think it is normally over-priced compared to similar properties.

Dave

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
CISMadison, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Madison, WI, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Hi Dave -
First of all, thank you for finally giving our hotel a try! We are always happy to have new guests with fresh perspectives. I welcome any and all comments from guests, so thank you for your honest review.
I noticed your comments regarding the towels being OK and the bed being squishy. I will work with the owners to improve these areas, so that next time we get 5 stars from you! I know the housekeeping team is antsy to get the rooms turned over for the next guest, but that is no excuse for giving people an early morning wake up call! I will work with the team to resolve this issue.
Overall, I'm glad to see you had an enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I made several phone calls to this hotel while planning my sister's bachelorette party. The staff members were pleasant, helpful and easy to work with. The renovated building was very nice. We were pleased with the pool and hot tub as well as the breakfast offerings. Coffee and fruit and cookies offered all day was wonderful as we headed out for activities. Rooms were clean and comfortable. It wasn't as close to downtown but for the very fair price we paid and the amenities we were very happy. I would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Emily -
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I'm thrilled to see you enjoyed the renovated rooms, breakfast, and 24hr cookies and fruit. I'm also glad to hear your interactions with the staff were always pleasant. I will be sure to share your comments with everyone!
We are happy to hear you enjoyed the bachelorette party weekend and hope you visit us on your next stay in Madison.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stay here every year when we are in Madison for the Midwest horse fair. Our rooms have always been very comfortable and clean. The lady who checked us in was very helpful and friendly. Great location with good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
CISMadison, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Madison, WI, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for your recent stay and the wonderful comments. We are pleased to see you have been loyal to us throughout your years of attending the Midwest Horse Fair. We're also glad to hear you enjoy the comfortable rooms, friendly staff members, and the convenient location to restaurants and the Alliant Energy Center.

Looking forward to accommodating you for the 2015 Midwest Horse Fair!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stopped in Madison on a Christmas trip around Wisconsin. We had only planned on a one night stay but with 8" of snow overnight we decided not to travel the next day. The staff was very accomodating and made sure we had a room to stay in. The rooms are very nice (executive king suite) and reasonably priced. The only complaint that we had was that the plumbing in the bathroom made a very loud rattling noise if someone upstairs was taking a shower. It only lasted 10-15 minutes but was kind of unnerving. We let the front desk know and I'm sure that maintenance has checked it out. Still our favorite place to stay in Madison.
Having a suite was nice to bring our friends back for gift exchange and to look at our Ireland pics.

Room Tip: The suites are reasonably priced and well worth the extra cost. Very comfortable and feels like home.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
CISMadison, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Madison, WI, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry to hear you were snowed in, but glad we had comfortable accommodations for you. My maintenance team did address the rattling pipes in the room above. I hope this didn't cause too much of a distrubance for you.

I'm happy that we are your favorite hotel in Madison - we hope to see you back in the future!

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Just staying overnight in Madison. Got a good deal on priceline. Room was clean, large, and quiet. Staff was nice, breakfast was decent but not that great. Seemed close to lots of restaurants. Easy on and off highway.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank canucknuckle
CISMadison, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Madison, WI, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I'm happy to see you enjoyed the convenient location and our clean, quiet rooms. I appreciate you recognizing the nice staff members. I will share your comments with the team. We hope to see you on your next trip to Madison!