“Why stay anywhere else in Monona, Wisconsin?”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison
Ranked #38 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The Country Inn and Suites in Monona, WI has been a favorite stay spot for us for several years. It is very convenient to the 12/14/18 beltway and very close to the things we like to do in Madison. My only issue was that the WiFi was a little slow and a little weak, but it worked for our purposes. I was very excited this time because I was able to redeem points (5000) and pay only $79 for an exceptional stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
CISMadison, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Maiagaia - Thank you for writing about your recent stay in Madison. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed yet another stay with us. I noticed your comments about the WiFi and will keep an eye on it to make sure we are getting our maximum speed. We appreciate your loyalty to Carlson Hotels and our location specifically. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Madison.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed here over a weekend in July for a baseball tournament in Oregon. Check in was quick. There were about 10 families in our group. The place is very clean and a good location,right off the Beltway. There are few places to eat within walking distance. Rooms are clean, beds comfy, big enough bathroom. also has a little frig, microwave and coffee maker, which is a bonus to me.The complimentary breakfast is really nice with a lot of choices. I would definately stay at a Country Inn again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
CISMadison, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

MurWI,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We are glad to see that the baseball team had a good time at our hotel. Although the tournament was in Oregon, I'm glad you found our location to be convenient and the amenities worth the drive! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed comfy bed and complimentary breakfast. We hope to see you on your next visit to the Madison area.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed here Recently for a Night after the WIAA State Softball Tournament. The Staff was great & were nice enough to allow me to check in before check in time. Room was nice, bed was good & the Breakfast was good. The internet was a little slow & hard to log in with a smart phone was my only downfall. There was road construction in the are making it a bit difficult to get in off the Beltline.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
CISMadison, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay here. We are pleased to see you had an enjoyable visit. In reading your comments, I noticed you had some difficulty connecting to the Internet on your phone. I understand how frustrating that can be! Our team will work to ensure this isn't a consistent problem.

We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you on your next trip to the greater Madison area.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel around 20 nights in the last 2 months for short term housing. The hotel is clean and consistent with a staff that are friendly and seem to really care. The breakfast was full with attentive and friendly breakfast "ladies" both during the week and on the weekend. Used the fitness center every morning and it was always clean. Nice comfortable stay at a reasonable rate. Several restaraunts within walking distance as well as a grocery store and shopping center across the street.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the highway - tends to be quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
CISMadison, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Paul,
Thank you for making this your second home! We appreciate your loyalty and feedback on your experience(s).

Glad to hear our accommodations have always been clean and the staff has been professional and friendly. I'm happy that you were able to enjoy the full breakfast, fitness center, and location to restuarants and grocery store.

We hope to see you on your next visit to Madison!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Visited Monona, which is what this hotel is closer to than Madison by far, for a funeral and stayed for one night. Let me preface by saying that I have had family in this area for many years but never stayed at this property because it was priced so much higher than everything else close by so had high expectations. Got a deal this time and so we tried it.

Check-in was easy and quick. Front desk service was always professional and friendly.

The room was adequate. I had expected maybe bigger, or higher quality because of the price thing but it looked like just about every other moderate hotel room I have ever been in. Decent amenities - fridge, microwave, larger flat screen TV. Air controller worked fine. Towels were okay but not great.

I thought the bed was a little squishy, and I did have a sore back when I woke up. Also, it would have been nice to have a lamp on each side of the bed. Others in my group thought the bed was okay.

Used the spa and pool for a little bit, spa was not super hot but had great jet pressure. Pool was okay. Chemical use was not over the top.

We did not eat breakfast as we had a family meal elsewhere, but there seemed to be plenty of good choices for food.

Check out was also easy, although housekeeping was knocking on the door at 8:55am.

Overall a nice, clean property - I just think it is normally over-priced compared to similar properties.

Dave

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hi Dave -
First of all, thank you for finally giving our hotel a try! We are always happy to have new guests with fresh perspectives. I welcome any and all comments from guests, so thank you for your honest review.
I noticed your comments regarding the towels being OK and the bed being squishy. I will work with the owners to improve these areas, so that next time we get 5 stars from you! I know the housekeeping team is antsy to get the rooms turned over for the next guest, but that is no excuse for giving people an early morning wake up call! I will work with the team to resolve this issue.
Overall, I'm glad to see you had an enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I made several phone calls to this hotel while planning my sister's bachelorette party. The staff members were pleasant, helpful and easy to work with. The renovated building was very nice. We were pleased with the pool and hot tub as well as the breakfast offerings. Coffee and fruit and cookies offered all day was wonderful as we headed out for activities. Rooms were clean and comfortable. It wasn't as close to downtown but for the very fair price we paid and the amenities we were very happy. I would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Emily -
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I'm thrilled to see you enjoyed the renovated rooms, breakfast, and 24hr cookies and fruit. I'm also glad to hear your interactions with the staff were always pleasant. I will be sure to share your comments with everyone!
We are happy to hear you enjoyed the bachelorette party weekend and hope you visit us on your next stay in Madison.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stay here every year when we are in Madison for the Midwest horse fair. Our rooms have always been very comfortable and clean. The lady who checked us in was very helpful and friendly. Great location with good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
CISMadison, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for your recent stay and the wonderful comments. We are pleased to see you have been loyal to us throughout your years of attending the Midwest Horse Fair. We're also glad to hear you enjoy the comfortable rooms, friendly staff members, and the convenient location to restaurants and the Alliant Energy Center.

Looking forward to accommodating you for the 2015 Midwest Horse Fair!