“Exceptional Customer Service”

Ranked #33 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Atlanta, Georgia
“Exceptional Customer Service”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

When I arrived here for a business trip, It was stormy and I was tired and hungry. The man at the front desk greeted me with a smile. My check-in was a smooth process and he was able to recommend great delivery restaurants nearby. The hotel definitely gives you that country feeling with the decor and rocking chairs on the front porch. When I went downstairs for breakfast the next morning the food was hot, good and prepared. The lady that works the food is exceptional, friendly and was on top of her job. When something was out, she knew it and was replacing! My double bed room was neat, clean and spacious with a desk and chair. The tub was narrow, but bathroom was decent. As I walked the halls it appears that it is almost time to remodel and paint. There are plenty of nearby restaurants and shops within walking distance. I had a very peaceful night and slept well with no loud noise, sounds or interruptions. I really enjoyed my stay and highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2014
CISMadison, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dr. Alias,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at our hotel. We are pleased to hear that your check-in process was speedy and the front desk staff was knowledgeable about local delivery restaurants. I'm thrilled to read about your exceptional breakfast experience. It's only fair that these individuals be recognized for their hard work, so I will be sharing your comments with them.

On behalf of the entire staff, we hope to see you the next time you're in Madison!

Erica Waller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Madison/Manona, WI, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I recently took my two kids to Madison WI to visit family. Upon a recommendation from family, we stayed at the Country Inns and Suites. The room was priced just right. We used the free WiFi, the hot tub and the pool. The location of the hotel was walking distance to restaurants and Starbucks-which I enjoyed in a rocking chair on the front porch! And it was right next to the expressway. We easily made it to Madison and a movie.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Hi Rachel,
I'm happy to hear that you and your kids had an enjoyable stay and took advantage of the pool area. We are always glad to be recommended by previous guests! Glad to read that you enjoyed the convenient location and our local Starbucks.

Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you next time you're visiting Madison!

Monona, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2014

After arriving earlier than expected, we were able to check in without any problem. Although some rooms had to be switched around, they were happy to oblige. The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, and the complimentary breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Hi Andrea,
I'm glad to hear that our friendly staff accommodated your early arrival without any hesitation. I also am happy to see that you enjoyed our free (and delicious) breakfast. It's such a great way for people to start the day!

Thank you for sharing your recent experience. We hope to see you the next time you're in Madison!

Bangalore, India
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Good place to stay during business visits. Rooms are big and clean. Pleasant environment. Lots of eateries around, copps is very close. Fitness area has good treadmills and cross trainer. Cozy swimming pool. Nice complimentary breakfast and professional staff!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Thank Ravikiran Chall... R
Hi Ravikiran,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to see that you enjoyed our convenient location to restaurants/Copps, and the fitness room and pool area. It's great to hear that breakfast was tasty and the staff was friendly. I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

On behalf of the entire staff, we hope to see you on your next visit to Madison!

Macomb, IL
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The Country Inn and Suites in Monona, WI has been a favorite stay spot for us for several years. It is very convenient to the 12/14/18 beltway and very close to the things we like to do in Madison. My only issue was that the WiFi was a little slow and a little weak, but it worked for our purposes. I was very excited this time because I was able to redeem points (5000) and pay only $79 for an exceptional stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Maiagaia - Thank you for writing about your recent stay in Madison. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed yet another stay with us. I noticed your comments about the WiFi and will keep an eye on it to make sure we are getting our maximum speed. We appreciate your loyalty to Carlson Hotels and our location specifically. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Madison.

Bay View, WI
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed here over a weekend in July for a baseball tournament in Oregon. Check in was quick. There were about 10 families in our group. The place is very clean and a good location,right off the Beltway. There are few places to eat within walking distance. Rooms are clean, beds comfy, big enough bathroom. also has a little frig, microwave and coffee maker, which is a bonus to me.The complimentary breakfast is really nice with a lot of choices. I would definately stay at a Country Inn again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
CISMadison, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
MurWI,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We are glad to see that the baseball team had a good time at our hotel. Although the tournament was in Oregon, I'm glad you found our location to be convenient and the amenities worth the drive! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed comfy bed and complimentary breakfast. We hope to see you on your next visit to the Madison area.

New London, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed here Recently for a Night after the WIAA State Softball Tournament. The Staff was great & were nice enough to allow me to check in before check in time. Room was nice, bed was good & the Breakfast was good. The internet was a little slow & hard to log in with a smart phone was my only downfall. There was road construction in the are making it a bit difficult to get in off the Beltline.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
CISMadison, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay here. We are pleased to see you had an enjoyable visit. In reading your comments, I noticed you had some difficulty connecting to the Internet on your phone. I understand how frustrating that can be! Our team will work to ensure this isn't a consistent problem.

We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you on your next trip to the greater Madison area.