“Great stay”

Ranked #34 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Foley
“Great stay”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel when I was in town visiting family. The hotel was great and very accommodating to my needs. The staff is attentive and the beds are very comfortable! Bonus: free breakfast! I will definitely be back when I am in the area again.

Stayed February 2014
CISMadison, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for writing a review, Travelgirl8901! We are happy to hear you enjoyed the comfy bed and free breakfast. We are also glad that the staff was friendly and attentive to your needs.

On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to accommodating you in the future!

Erica Waller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Lisle, Illinois
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We didn't spend a lot of time here, but our room was clean and the staff was friendly. Love the free wifi and complimentary breakfast in the morning. It was pretty convenient to get to downtown Madison from here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hi enystedt,
I'm pleased to read about your enjoyable stay at our hotel. It seems like you enjoyed all that we offer - clean rooms, free WiFi, complmentary breakfast, convenient location to downtown, and of course, our friendly staff members.

Thank you for sharing your experience. We hope you visit us next time you're in Madison!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

When I arrived here for a business trip, It was stormy and I was tired and hungry. The man at the front desk greeted me with a smile. My check-in was a smooth process and he was able to recommend great delivery restaurants nearby. The hotel definitely gives you that country feeling with the decor and rocking chairs on the front porch. When I went downstairs for breakfast the next morning the food was hot, good and prepared. The lady that works the food is exceptional, friendly and was on top of her job. When something was out, she knew it and was replacing! My double bed room was neat, clean and spacious with a desk and chair. The tub was narrow, but bathroom was decent. As I walked the halls it appears that it is almost time to remodel and paint. There are plenty of nearby restaurants and shops within walking distance. I had a very peaceful night and slept well with no loud noise, sounds or interruptions. I really enjoyed my stay and highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2014
Dr. Alias,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at our hotel. We are pleased to hear that your check-in process was speedy and the front desk staff was knowledgeable about local delivery restaurants. I'm thrilled to read about your exceptional breakfast experience. It's only fair that these individuals be recognized for their hard work, so I will be sharing your comments with them.

On behalf of the entire staff, we hope to see you the next time you're in Madison!

Madison/Manona, WI, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I recently took my two kids to Madison WI to visit family. Upon a recommendation from family, we stayed at the Country Inns and Suites. The room was priced just right. We used the free WiFi, the hot tub and the pool. The location of the hotel was walking distance to restaurants and Starbucks-which I enjoyed in a rocking chair on the front porch! And it was right next to the expressway. We easily made it to Madison and a movie.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Hi Rachel,
I'm happy to hear that you and your kids had an enjoyable stay and took advantage of the pool area. We are always glad to be recommended by previous guests! Glad to read that you enjoyed the convenient location and our local Starbucks.

Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you next time you're visiting Madison!

Monona, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2014

After arriving earlier than expected, we were able to check in without any problem. Although some rooms had to be switched around, they were happy to oblige. The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, and the complimentary breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Hi Andrea,
I'm glad to hear that our friendly staff accommodated your early arrival without any hesitation. I also am happy to see that you enjoyed our free (and delicious) breakfast. It's such a great way for people to start the day!

Thank you for sharing your recent experience. We hope to see you the next time you're in Madison!

Bangalore, India
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Good place to stay during business visits. Rooms are big and clean. Pleasant environment. Lots of eateries around, copps is very close. Fitness area has good treadmills and cross trainer. Cozy swimming pool. Nice complimentary breakfast and professional staff!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Thank Ravikiran Chall... R
Hi Ravikiran,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to see that you enjoyed our convenient location to restaurants/Copps, and the fitness room and pool area. It's great to hear that breakfast was tasty and the staff was friendly. I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

On behalf of the entire staff, we hope to see you on your next visit to Madison!

Macomb, IL
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The Country Inn and Suites in Monona, WI has been a favorite stay spot for us for several years. It is very convenient to the 12/14/18 beltway and very close to the things we like to do in Madison. My only issue was that the WiFi was a little slow and a little weak, but it worked for our purposes. I was very excited this time because I was able to redeem points (5000) and pay only $79 for an exceptional stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Maiagaia - Thank you for writing about your recent stay in Madison. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed yet another stay with us. I noticed your comments about the WiFi and will keep an eye on it to make sure we are getting our maximum speed. We appreciate your loyalty to Carlson Hotels and our location specifically. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Madison.