“Convenient and relaxed stay in Madison”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison
Ranked #38 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We needed a home base while our own home was being worked on. This location was good, had excellent breakfasts with fresh fruit and hot entrees and a nice room layout (2-room suite). Staff was accommodating, hot beverages were available all day, breakfast foods were available to grab if you left early and a frig and microwave were in the room. It worked out well as a temporary living space while we were "displaced" and needed to work. Kept us comfy! We had accumulated points so used our points and cash, which kept the stay cheaper.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
CISMadison, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Hi staceysWI,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We're glad to hear that we provided a nice, comfy 'home' for you while doing work to your permanent home. We're also happy that you enjoyed the delicious breakfast each morning!

We hope you'll recommend us to your out-of-town family and friends when they come to Madison!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My wife and I really enjoyed our latest stay at the Country Inn in Madison. The room was nice and clean and they accomodated us with the 6 pillows that we asked for. The fitness center was nice and worked out well. The breakfast in the morning was good and was a great start to the day. We have always enjoyed our stays here. Construction made it difficult to get to the hotel but that was not their fault. We recommend this location to all our friends and stay here whenever we visit Madison.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
CISMadison, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dennis B,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We are happy to hear the room was clean and the requested extra pillows were awaiting you. We do our best to make sure each guest feels comfortable and at-home while here. Glad you also found time to enjoy the fitness room and complimentary breakfast.

Sorry to hear the construction created a hassle in getting here. We will all be glad when it's over!

We appreciate your feedback and hope you'll visit us the next time you're in Madison!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Staff at the Country Inn and Suites of Monona, WI are what really makes this a great place to stay. They are friendly, helpful & accommodating. The hotel is located just off the 12/18 beltway around Madison so easily accessed. It's only minutes away from the East Towne mall and several restaurant options. It's in a decent neighborhood so a walk about the area is safe and relaxing. In fact, it has a pond with a walking area just outside which is very calm and picturesque in the early morning or the evening.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Hi Mary U,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the convenient location to downtown, the mall, and the local restaurants. I'm thrilled that you got out and enjoyed our quiet neighborhood and peaceful pond! Lastly, thank you for your comments about the helpful and friendly staff. I will be sure to share your comments with everyone.

We hope to see you the next time you're in Madison!

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel when I was in town visiting family. The hotel was great and very accommodating to my needs. The staff is attentive and the beds are very comfortable! Bonus: free breakfast! I will definitely be back when I am in the area again.

Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for writing a review, Travelgirl8901! We are happy to hear you enjoyed the comfy bed and free breakfast. We are also glad that the staff was friendly and attentive to your needs.

On behalf of the entire team, we look forward to accommodating you in the future!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We didn't spend a lot of time here, but our room was clean and the staff was friendly. Love the free wifi and complimentary breakfast in the morning. It was pretty convenient to get to downtown Madison from here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hi enystedt,
I'm pleased to read about your enjoyable stay at our hotel. It seems like you enjoyed all that we offer - clean rooms, free WiFi, complmentary breakfast, convenient location to downtown, and of course, our friendly staff members.

Thank you for sharing your experience. We hope you visit us next time you're in Madison!

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

When I arrived here for a business trip, It was stormy and I was tired and hungry. The man at the front desk greeted me with a smile. My check-in was a smooth process and he was able to recommend great delivery restaurants nearby. The hotel definitely gives you that country feeling with the decor and rocking chairs on the front porch. When I went downstairs for breakfast the next morning the food was hot, good and prepared. The lady that works the food is exceptional, friendly and was on top of her job. When something was out, she knew it and was replacing! My double bed room was neat, clean and spacious with a desk and chair. The tub was narrow, but bathroom was decent. As I walked the halls it appears that it is almost time to remodel and paint. There are plenty of nearby restaurants and shops within walking distance. I had a very peaceful night and slept well with no loud noise, sounds or interruptions. I really enjoyed my stay and highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2014

Dr. Alias,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at our hotel. We are pleased to hear that your check-in process was speedy and the front desk staff was knowledgeable about local delivery restaurants. I'm thrilled to read about your exceptional breakfast experience. It's only fair that these individuals be recognized for their hard work, so I will be sharing your comments with them.

On behalf of the entire staff, we hope to see you the next time you're in Madison!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I recently took my two kids to Madison WI to visit family. Upon a recommendation from family, we stayed at the Country Inns and Suites. The room was priced just right. We used the free WiFi, the hot tub and the pool. The location of the hotel was walking distance to restaurants and Starbucks-which I enjoyed in a rocking chair on the front porch! And it was right next to the expressway. We easily made it to Madison and a movie.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Hi Rachel,
I'm happy to hear that you and your kids had an enjoyable stay and took advantage of the pool area. We are always glad to be recommended by previous guests! Glad to read that you enjoyed the convenient location and our local Starbucks.

Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you next time you're visiting Madison!