“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #33 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed 14 August 2007

I stayed here for two weeks. The hotel was very pleasant-like a home. My room was perfectly clean, comfortable, and roomy. The bed was okay, but the comforter wasn't all that comfortable. There was free wireless internet that worked PERFECTLY and several TV channels. The bathroom was a nice size and the bath tub was big. The shower head felt wonderful. Free breakfast in the morning was okay-but the food was lacking. Overall, I really loved the whole feel of the place. It was comfortable and quiet. The staff was very friendly and they even let me leave one of my huge suitcases there when I took a weekend trip to New Orleans so that I wouldn't have to take it with me. I would definetly recommend.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank misstaryn08

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Ohio
Reviewed 12 August 2007

I stayed at this motel for one night in July 2007. It was VERY hot in Monona, and the air conditioning in this motel was a real problem. It would run a while and then turn off completely; then come back on in a little while. Everytime it came on or went off, it was with a noticeable noise - enough so that it woke me up on and off all night long. When I complained abou this, I was told that " this is just the way our a.c. runs". I moved to a near-by place the next morning. The rest of the place wa pleasant - nice large room, comfortable bed - but in hot weather, this place would be impossible for me.

midwesternerOhio

• Liked — nice-sized room
  • Disliked — the air conditioning
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
DUBUQUE, IOWA
Reviewed 17 November 2005

Check in went fine we went to bed early 9-10ish and were woken by kids running in the halls at midnight and at 1 am. Room was very warm and no heat was on. When we woke in the morning we went to the hot tub to find no towels and asked for them to bring some. Tables in the pool area were still all filled with dirty towels and pop cans, wrappers on the floor everywhere. I finally went and found towels myself so we could get out of the hot tub 30 minutes later. Then we showered and went downstairs to the breakfast room. Once again Every table was filthy, sticky, I had to go get a towel myself and wash one so we could sit and eat. Finally two people showed up that worked the area but did not bother to clean tables still and she saw me put the dirty dish towel back in the sink!! Nice hotel, clean rooms but the upkeep by employees is very poor. Oh and I almost forgot when we left our room to go to the hottub across the hall from us on the floor infont of a room was a maxi pad opened and laying there. LOVELY! The only way I would stay there again is if I could not find another place to stay!

• Stayed November 2005
Green Bay
Reviewed 4 August 2005

Our family stayed at the Country Inn and overall we had a good experience. The rooms were large. Service was fine. Our only complaint was that there were a block of rooms reserved due to a wedding, but our room was on a different floor from everyone elses. Otherwise it was a nice hotel, decent breakfast.

• Stayed July 2005
1 Thank cato16
Bradenton, FL
Reviewed 24 January 2005

Unlike the famous Cheers Bar, they don't know who you are. I stayed here for one month last year and they still treated me like a stranger every time I approached the front desk. The room was OK, the maid service was above par and the "free" breakfast was average. Oh, and less than two blocks away is a dynamite breakfast restaurant. the waitress there knew me after two mornings.

5 Thank BarefootTom
Cary, IL
Reviewed 7 July 2004

My husband and I spent an evening anniversary get-away here, booking a whirlpool suite. While the hotel was nice, there were a few little problems with the room: the non-smoking room had a strong odor of cigarettes when we first opened the bathroom door; the toilet had a crack (but was fully functional); the room's ceiling had damage, most likely from a leaky whirlpool or bath on the next floor above, (but it didn't leak while we were there, it just didn't look very nice); room was noisy, as most hotels in this chain don't have very solid/thick wall construction; breakfast area was cramped and crowded, but make-own-waffles were delecious. An ok stay, but not worth the higher price for the suite room. Staff was friendly, so no complaints.

• Stayed June 2004