“cheapo depot”

Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.
Ranked #42 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Saint Louis, Missouri
“cheapo depot”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I realize that there are some folks this hotel is right for. But it is not for me. Everything is clean, spare and cheap. Toilet paper and tissues are cheap brands that are rough and fall about easily. The carpet and furniture look like the brand below IKEA. The rooms come with little kitchenettes but that is of no use to me. Housekeeping is available at an extra charge. You are invited to empty your own trash and get fresh towels from the front desk.

The building is cheaply constructed and noise bleeds through the ceiling and the walls. The staff are friendly, and the lobby area is clean. The free breakfast involves cellophane wrapped muffins and packets of instant oatmeal.

Bless those folks who got good online discounts for their rooms. Our group was charged $89 night and these accommodations do not justify that price. If you are looking for bare bones done well, this is your place.

Room Tip: From what I heard from my colleagues there were no quiet areas. The first floor is definitely noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Katie - Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Enjoyed reading about the staff being friendly, we do our very best to make sure every guest enjoys their stay. Extended Stay is not always the right fit for all but our spacious room do work for guest staying long-term. I apologize for the noise, we had a Badger Football Game in town and we won and some guest were excited about that, but we did strive to handle all complaints on noise. Our breakfast is very simple and quick calling it grab-and-go for those that don't have time to make breakfast, with the full kitchens we offer in every room, some guest enjoy making their own breakfast.

Again I thank you for your comment and maybe we will see you again in Madison.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Indianapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Room was big,clean,quiet . Gas station next door had a small mini mart, staff was awesome being September ot was cool out but we used the pool area for dinner for the 12 of us. Their are grills also for use great idea.

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Thank you so much for the kind comments. I'm so pleased you enjoyed our spacious rooms, yes it is a very quiet building. Our pool and grill area is something you want our guest to enjoy and it sounds like you did. Also it's great to hear that the staff was friendly and helpful.

I hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Madison, WI. Again thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Aledo, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

I recently spent 5 nights at Extended Stay America -Old Sauk Road in Madison, WI.
Wonderful bedroom room and bath with kitchen and living room. Decorated very pleasingly. Grounds and hotel very neat and attractive. Unfortunately I didn't use their pool, exercise room, or laundry facilities but all very inviting. Morning breakfast was a pickup and go type, but I used my kitchen to have a wonderful start to the day. Was right off of Rt 12/14 a quick link to my needed location. A great grocery store was around the corner as well as a convenience store with gas. Booked through Hotwire and got a great price. Would stay there again and again...

Room Tip: My room was on the North end next to the Exit and I loved being able to enter/exit without accessing...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Thank you for the great comments. I'm so happy you found our rooms to be very pleasing, and that you took full advantage of making breakfast in the comfort of your room. Our location is very convenient and we have easy access to many businesses. I am glad that you liked having everything at your fingertips!

Again thank you for the comment and we look forward to your next stay in Madison.
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

I have been staying in this hotel for more than a year now and I feel it is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed so far. The price is very much affordable and the suite is very comfortable to stay with a nice bed and a clean environment. The management is very friendly and takes good care of their customers. I would definitely suggest this to my friends and stay here as long I stay in Madison.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank sunitha p
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about our hotel. I'm happy you are enjoying our spacious suites and comfortable beds. I'm very proud of the staff and the teamwork we put in to insure all our guest have the very best during their stay. We strive to provide great customer service and affordable pricing. Thank you again for the kind comments and let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay better!
Columbia, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

Stayed at this hotel in July 2013. We had got a low rate for which I am thankful. The hotel is located in a nice new area right off the Madison beltline. But this place is sort of a no-frills hotel. The hotel appears to be about 10 years old and it is showing its age. The beds are small and not very comfortable. The breakfast (if you can call it that) was coffee and some packaged granola bars and packages of oatmeal. To be fair I was surprised we got that for the low price we paid. The staff, however, was wonderful. They were very friendly and helpful and I think they should get credit for their service. However, I won't stay here again. I would rather pay more to stay in a nicer place.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TooOldtoRun
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time for the review. We truly appreciate the kind words regarding our staff; however, I do apologize that you did not enjoy our new queen size beds. These have been ordered based on guests feedback, and as we continue to improve our offerings, we will keep your comments in mind. As well, our grab-and-go breakfast is meant to be a quick bite for all of our guests to enjoy.

Again thank you for your comments. We hope you will give us another chance to show you our redoubled efforts and stay with us again in the future.
Bracknell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

My wife and I stopped in Madison and I had chosen the property based on its reviews. The suite was exceptionally large and roomy. The bed was excellent, really firm which meant I got a decent night's sleep after a long drive. The cleanliness, airiness and sheer space of the suite make it the best place I've ever stayed in whilst coming to Madison.
All the front staff were cheerful and extremely happy. The pack and go breakfast might not suit everyone, but whatever is there is ample for a quick start in the morning. I will definitely recommend this property to my friends, family and business associates in the future, and stay here again when I return to Madison.

Room Tip: Choose a King Sized bed. The large beds are excellent for a good night's sleep.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such nice things about our hotel. I am happy you enjoyed a great night's sleep on our new bedding and truly liked our spacious guest rooms. As well, I am glad that the staff was so cheerful and helpful during your stay.

Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to having you visit again in the future.
Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

Stayed in this hotel while visited my brother in Madison.
The location is good, accessible to near by restaurants.
Not much option is breakfast as they dont have fledged breakfast available.
They do have a kitchen and the rooms are quite neat and cozy.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Extended Stay America - Madison - Junction Court
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton WI West
Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison
Residence Inn Madison West/Middleton

Been to Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.

Property: Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.
Address: 45 Junction Ct, Madison, WI 53717-2159 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Madison - West)
Region: United States > Wisconsin > Madison
#17 Business Hotel in Madison
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Extended Stay, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Madison - West Hotel Madison