“Best place to stay in Madison”

Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.
Ranked #46 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed here for good 100+ days and I really enjoyed my stay. Nice rooms and friendly staff. I recommend to anyone who is willing to stay for long and in tight budget. I stayed in a studio and it's been a pleasurable experience.
I will miss this place and recommend it to everyone

Room Tip: Studios are beatyful
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank guruprabhakara
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I ended up here when my sublet fell through and I needed a cheap place to stay for a few weeks. Through Priceline, I was able to get rooms from between $38 and $40 a night, which is quite amazing given that the rooms are full suites with completely functional kitchens (full-size fridge, stove top, oven, sink, dishes, and cookware), cable television, free wi-fi, and comfortable and clean (if two-star) furnishings. There is a small gym, a coin-op laundry, free grab-and-go-type breakfast, and a heated outdoor pool and cookout area in the back for warmer weather. Paulette, Pam, and the rest of the staff were unflaggingly helpful and friendly. I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back away from the Beltline are quieter. There's a picnic bench in the back for sm...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Heather R
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed our friendly staff, your fully equipped kitchen and all the amenities we offer. As well, it's great to hear that you were pleased with our free Wi-Fi, your clean, comfortable room and our grab-and-go breakfast. I will be sure to share your great comments with our entire team.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed here with my 10-year-old daughter while in Madison for a State swim competition last weekend. I got a ridiculously good rate off a third-party site... HOWEVER, the property was listed as a 3-star hotel (by Hotwire). This is not a 3-star property... and tripadvisor lists it as a 2-star. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom clean however the furniture was worn, ripped, stained, etc. The hallway was consistent with an apartment building with people cooking all sorts of food... we plugged our noses walking to the elevator. And, the walls/door was paper-thin and you could hear everything. Luckily, my daughter sleeps like a rock so she was fine. I, however, was awake with it all. Again, you get what you pay for so I really shouldn't complain. And, to end on a positive note, if you aren't spending a ton of time in the room and you get a good rate, you should go for it.

Room Tip: Stay away from a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Anna D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Anna – Thank you for your recent review. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a comfortable bed at a great rate; however, I apologize that you found the furniture in your room to be worn. As well, I am sorry that you experienced unpleasant odors in the hallway and noise disturbances from neighboring guests. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. We would love to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I ended up at Extended Stay west Madison via Hotwire. Due to my past experiences with Extended Stay America, I would not have considered this hotel. It turned out to be great. While most Extended Stays are kind of run down and well-used, this one was not. Any hotel that has guests frequently staying a week or more at a time tend to get run down and shabby fast. In this hotel, everything was clean and up to date and no surprises. The evening desk clerk was Taylor, and she could not have been more helpful, right down to an extra bag of coffee for the coffee maker in my room. Be sure to book this one (that used to be an Extended Stay Deluxe) instead of the one next door.

Room Tip: Perhaps requesting a room not facing the freeway would be a good idea.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's always a pleasure when we hear our guests enjoyed their stay with us. We take pride in our work and the staff is always willing to go the extra mile to ensure our guests are satisfied with their experience. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I'm not surprised to say I liked my room at this hotel more than the apartment I currently have. For someone new to the area without the burden of knowing other people, this hotel gave me most everything I needed to be comfortable and happy. You'll be surprised how often you'll take colanders and can openers for granted until you realize you forgot to pack yours, but this place takes care of those for you.

Paulette and Andy, the front desk staff I interacted with most over my stay, definitely made all the difference in how welcome I felt to the area -- it's the little things they told me, like how locals drive in snowy conditions and where the nearest grocery stores and post offices were, those things you don't really think about until you need them.

Getting fed every Monday evening on the house was superb, too. Also, feel free to take advantage of their coffee/tea/cocoa/cider stand in the lobby -- I know I did.

My only complaint about my stay was the so-so internet. 3 Mbps is enough for web browsing, but I obviously ran into stuttering problems while streaming. I wonder if this place can look into upgrading their connections for the future?

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Christopher - It is so wonderful to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for your comments about our spacious studios and well equipped kitchens. Our hotels are designed to make any stay comfortable, whether you are staying for just a couple of nights or if you are going to be a guest of ours for a longer period of time. I was also pleased to read your comments about the customer service you received from Paulette and Andy. It is rewarding to know how well our team does with taking care of our guests.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We got to the hotel and realized we booked the wrong date on one of the travel websites. Paulette was nice enough to give us a room compliments of the hotel. The room was nice and clean. Overall, this hotel has been by far the best hotel I have ever stayed at. I would recommend it to anyone who visits the Madison area.

Room Tip: If you want a view choose any side but the east side.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TazBry420
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2015

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay due to our clean and comfortable rooms. It was also rewarding to hear of the great customer service your received from Paulette. Thank you again for your kind words. Our staff would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Business travelers beware! Though the price is good the level of customer service is not the best. After a long night of delayed travel, I arrived around 11pm. One of the amenities at the hotel is a printer. I am a trainer and often have a need to print materials. When I asked the hotel clerk about the printer. She advised me that it did not work. She advised me to call down in the morning and ask for the manager and she could tell me the email to send my document to and she could print it out. When I called to the Front Desk the next morning, I was advised by the SAME woman who checked me in that the manager was not there. I asked here what I should do and she said "go ahead and try to use the printer" She was the one who told me it did not work.. She admitted she really did not know if it worked and when I asked for directions as they use a cloud based service, she said she did not know. I really needed to prep this material the previous night and had to reschedule my delivery of material.

This is a reflection of poor training!! She did not even apologize for the inconvenience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Stacy - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I do apologize for the printer and that the night attendant could not assist you. I have talked and explained to her how the printer works. We do assist our guest with larger printing needs by sending it to our computer and we print it for our guest. Again I apologize for the misunderstanding on the print me station we offer our guest.

Again thank you and I do hope you return again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Extended Stay America - Madison - Junction Court
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton WI West
Comfort Suites Madison West
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton
Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison
Hilton Garden Inn Madison West/Middleton

Been to Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.

Address: 45 Junction Ct, Madison, WI 53717-2159 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Madison - West)
Region: United States > Wisconsin > Madison
#17 Business Hotel in Madison
Price Range: £77 - £204 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Madison - West Hotel Madison