Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.
US$96
US$115
US$156
US$134
Agoda.com
Sheraton Madison Hotel(Madison)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$123
Priceline
US$153
Priceline
All reviewsfull kitchenfront desk staffkitchen areahome away from homebooked this hotelbusiness trippleasant staybed was comfortabletylerratestowelsaccommodationscarpetlaundrypillowshallwaysink
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I asked for a First Floor room. because I was going to the Hospital for a knee injury. They said no. i was given a room on the third floor It was just painted i had extreme difficulty breathing in there. Suddenly they had a room on the first floor. The Hotel advertises free internet but it wasn't working. Nor was the AC. One of the twin beds looked liked slept on top of it.

Room Tip: Make sure it just wasn't painted
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank rd400
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your stay with us was less than enjoyable due to the room location, slow Wi-Fi and AC issues. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I reviewed your comments with the entire team as a training tool to prevent issues such as this in the future. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at mwe@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed here for good 100+ days and I really enjoyed my stay. Nice rooms and friendly staff. I recommend to anyone who is willing to stay for long and in tight budget. I stayed in a studio and it's been a pleasurable experience.
I will miss this place and recommend it to everyone

Room Tip: Studios are beatyful
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank guruprabhakara
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I ended up here when my sublet fell through and I needed a cheap place to stay for a few weeks. Through Priceline, I was able to get rooms from between $38 and $40 a night, which is quite amazing given that the rooms are full suites with completely functional kitchens (full-size fridge, stove top, oven, sink, dishes, and cookware), cable television, free wi-fi, and comfortable and clean (if two-star) furnishings. There is a small gym, a coin-op laundry, free grab-and-go-type breakfast, and a heated outdoor pool and cookout area in the back for warmer weather. Paulette, Pam, and the rest of the staff were unflaggingly helpful and friendly. I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back away from the Beltline are quieter. There's a picnic bench in the back for smokers. You may not want to be in a room above this area as the smoke can waft up if you have your windows open. Corner rooms have side windows for more light. Also, don't confuse this hotel with the OTHER Extended Stay right next door. This is the former Extended Deluxe, and I believe the rooms are bigger.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Heather R
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed our friendly staff, your fully equipped kitchen and all the amenities we offer. As well, it's great to hear that you were pleased with our free Wi-Fi, your clean, comfortable room and our grab-and-go breakfast. I will be sure to share your great comments with our entire team.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed here with my 10-year-old daughter while in Madison for a State swim competition last weekend. I got a ridiculously good rate off a third-party site... HOWEVER, the property was listed as a 3-star hotel (by Hotwire). This is not a 3-star property... and tripadvisor lists it as a 2-star. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom clean however the furniture was worn, ripped, stained, etc. The hallway was consistent with an apartment building with people cooking all sorts of food... we plugged our noses walking to the elevator. And, the walls/door was paper-thin and you could hear everything. Luckily, my daughter sleeps like a rock so she was fine. I, however, was awake with it all. Again, you get what you pay for so I really shouldn't complain. And, to end on a positive note, if you aren't spending a ton of time in the room and you get a good rate, you should go for it.

Room Tip: Stay away from a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Anna D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Anna – Thank you for your recent review. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a comfortable bed at a great rate; however, I apologize that you found the furniture in your room to be worn. As well, I am sorry that you experienced unpleasant odors in the hallway and noise disturbances from neighboring guests. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. We would love to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I ended up at Extended Stay west Madison via Hotwire. Due to my past experiences with Extended Stay America, I would not have considered this hotel. It turned out to be great. While most Extended Stays are kind of run down and well-used, this one was not. Any hotel that has guests frequently staying a week or more at a time tend to get run down and shabby fast. In this hotel, everything was clean and up to date and no surprises. The evening desk clerk was Taylor, and she could not have been more helpful, right down to an extra bag of coffee for the coffee maker in my room. Be sure to book this one (that used to be an Extended Stay Deluxe) instead of the one next door.

Room Tip: Perhaps requesting a room not facing the freeway would be a good idea.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's always a pleasure when we hear our guests enjoyed their stay with us. We take pride in our work and the staff is always willing to go the extra mile to ensure our guests are satisfied with their experience. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you, should your travels bring you back to our area.