“The best!!”

GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Madison
Ranked #43 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 31 January 2008

This was my third time staying at this hotel and each time it is always the best. The staff is very professional, the facility is very homely and clean. I went there to get away and do some heavy duty shopping(great deals). The stores and mall are not that far away from this area. The hotel has suites that is stocked with a full kitchen, living room, and snacks. The only thing that needs improvement that I noticed is the pillows and the mattress.It is also pet-friendly.

Stayed: January 2008

Reviewed 24 August 2007

Stayed in the 2 bedroom suite. Nice and very clean. Very nice people at the front desk. Small bedrooms. The smaller of the two doesn't even have a closet. The ventilation noise in that room was a bit loud. 3 TVs! Includes breakfast but we didn't eat it, we went out with our son. About 25 minutes from campus with all the construction downtown. Movies, restaurants and East Towne Mall less than 5 minutes away by car. Overall, an excellent value and we definately stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2007

In the company I work for's infinite creativity on squeezing pennies to their advantage, last year's Christmas "bonus" was a stay at this hotel in our own town! Well, I suppose if you had guests from out of town visiting it might be alright, but this weird gift is besides the point...

Nevertheless, my wife and I took them up on the offer. This is a very nice hotel, and we were amazed to find out the price! Maybe my company isn't "that" cheap, anyway, our room certainly wasn't.
Very nice, nicely decorated... but for that price, not much better than your Average Joe Hotels. Kids were running the halls in the early evening sporadically, but it wasn't too bad... not enough to deter staying here.

We asked early in our stay to be moved because of a loud A/C unit near our window and the curator girl was EXTREMELY good and accommodating about moving us, which also solved the problem. So, their customer service and friendliness is outstanding.

If you're in the income bracket where you can swing this much for a room, it's a grand enough place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with family
2  Thank peacefulstayer
Reviewed 21 September 2006

I have been to this property several times over the last 6 months. Every time I receive excelent service, a large Suite, and I pay considerabally less than I would at several larger chain hotel. For a room with a kitchen, 2 tvs and a seperate bedroom that's not to bad at all. The pool area could have been slightly larger, but I only used the hottub which was fine. Good connection with the High Speed I-net (which I'm using right now). All in all I'd say 2 thumbs up.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ziek
Reviewed 12 September 2006

I stayed at this Madison hotel for 4 nights while moving my daughter into the dorms at the University of Wisconsin – Madison. I stayed in a two bedroom suite with a kitchen, and it was very clean, even for mom standards!

The staff was helpful, friendly, and prompt when we requested a few extra pillows. Having the kitchen was great because my daughter and I enjoy cooking together.

I will definitely continue to stay here while visiting my college student in Madison!

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
3  Thank Shopping_Lady
Reviewed 1 August 2006

Didn't get the smoking room requested. Switched to new room. All the dishes were still in the dishwasher, which was still running. The staff needs to check the stock in the room. There was one soap, no creamers for the coffee, and ran out of facial tissue the first time I used it. The wood floor in the kitchen area hadn't been swept, and there was still popcorn kernels on the sofa. Hope they changed the sheets!

Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank boblue
A TripAdvisor Member
Minneapolis
Reviewed 26 April 2006

I had been staying downtown near the UW Madison but was getting tired of paying very expensive hotel rates. Thought that this time, I would stay further out - on the East Side of Town, and try something new.

We recently stayed at the Grand Stay in one of their Studio Queen Suites with 2 Queen Beds and it was great. For our family of (3) the room was plenty big, very clean, and wth the kitchen area, it definitely made our weekend stay quite enjoyable.

We stayed on a weekend using a special promotional rate and saved over 50% of what we normally would have had to spend to be near campus which is about a 15 minute drive away. We definitely will be going back to the Grandstay in Madison.

• Stayed: April 2006