“Too Short of a Stay”

Courtyard Madison East
Ranked #22 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We were just passing through town, so didn't get to spend enough time at the hotel. It was lovely and the rooms were fantastic. Very comfortable sitting area and a nice big, comfortable bed. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank EdandFred
gopgenorth, Manager at Courtyard Madison East, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for the positive feedback. We take pride at Courtyard Madison East in delivering exceptional service in every department with friendly service and a clean room. Our convenient location makes it easy for guests passing through to enjoy a good stay like you did.

Thank you again for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of additional assistance, now or in the future. I can be reached by phone at 608-661-8100 or by email at gopgenorth@ncghotels.com.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I have to admit I am a Starwood Preferred cardholder and usually stay at the Sheraton when in Madison, WI. This time though…I may have found a new favorite hotel on Madison’s East side. My son and daughter-in-law chose the Courtyard Marriott hotel and the Fairfield next door as their “wedding blocks” for their guests attending on August 30. We checked in the afternoon of August 29…I was pleased to have called the day before requesting early check-in around 1 p.m. When we arrived our double queen room was ready and waiting. The space was huge, extremely clean and well-appointed for my wife and I and other son. While we were busy with wedding activities…we did enjoy the Bistro and Starbucks coffee in the lobby. My family and friends also enjoyed the exercise room and pool. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone traveling to Madison in the near future!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Scott326

Thank you for the positive feedback. We take pride at Courtyard Madison East in delivering exceptional service in every department with friendly service and a clean room. I am happy to hear you have a new favorite hotel in Madison and you, your friends and family left competely satisfied.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My wife and I needed to stop overnight in Madison on short notice, after a long trip. We had the good fortune to book a room at the newly remodeled Marriott Courtyard in East Madison WI. Lobby was lovely and the room was decorated in a sophisticated Eastern motif - not what we expected at all. Great stay in a first rate property. Friendly and welcoming staff are a nice bonus. Worth a stay...

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rswfmChicago

Thank you for the positive feedback. We take pride at Courtyard Madison East in delivering exceptional service in every department with friendly service and a clean room. I am glad we met your needs even though it was short notice stay.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We recently stayed at the Courtyard Madison East for a family wedding. Our family had at least four rooms in the hotel and everyone said it exceeded their expectations. My husband & I, along with our 23mo daughter booked a 2-room king suite and were happy to find there was more than enough space in both the bedroom and living room so no one felt cramped. We loved that there were doors to the hallway from both the bedroom and living room so we could enter and exit without disturbing our napping child. The requested crib (pack n play) was already set up in the room complete with crib sheet and extra toddler-size blanket. Everything was very clean and modern. The bathroom wasn't huge, but it was adequate, and the bed & pillows were comfortable. Our only criticism of the room was that the living room couch wasn't long enough to lay down on. But that really wasn't a huge deal.

The check-in staff was so helpful and kind. They moved some rooms around so our family could be closer together. There was a nice grab-n-go snack bar in the lobby that had selections beyond the requisite chips & candy. Also, it's very convenient to the highway.

It's not a five-star luxury hotel like a Ritz or Four Seasons, but I gave it an 'excellent' rating because of really good service, an upscale feel, and the fact that every one of our expectations was exceeded. Would definitely stay here again if we were in town!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We stayed here for 1 night prior to dropping off our son for his freshman year at UW-Madison. Property looks very new...must be less than 5 years old. Right off of I-90/94. About a 15 minute drive to downtown or the UW main campus. Friendly staff and attractive lobby/bar area. Pleasant outdoor bar sitting area. We had 1 room with 2 queen beds - clean and quiet. Comfortable beds. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This hotel is not only easy to get to from most everyplace in the Madison area but they have an incredible staff. I am a Platinum for Life rewards member and this is absolutely the best Courtyard that I have every stayed in; we had not been here before. Our room was oversized and well appointed and their lobby area had been recently remodeled and was very comfortable. Only little snafu we had was with breakfast the first morning...eggs came cold but they remedied the problem immediately with a smile and even remembered us the next morning and made an extra effort to see that all came out hot and on time. Their pool area is very inviting, even tho we did not use it as the weather was quite warm and humid. The hotel is spotless!! You will not be disappointed

Room Tip: If you are under a spa room you do risk the chance of hearing water running as they have great Jacuz...