Courtyard by Marriott Madison East
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsbistro areabistro foodstarbucks coffeeworkout facilitiesconference roomtwo queen bedsoff the highwayexcellent hotelmini fridgeup to datefront desk personstayed two nightsspacious roomwould definitely stay here againnice staywe've stayedoatmeal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Booked the Marriott Courtyard East as a home base to meet my sister who was flying into Madison and for me who was driving from Western Wisconsin. We were staying in Madison for a state choir event. My sister was able to take the shuttle to the hotel, check in and enjoy the bistro and conversation with the staff until I was able to arrive. Upon my arrival and after diner, I also was able to enjoy the same friendliness from the staff at the bistro. The following morning, I picked up breakfast for my daughter an I at the restaurant and found it to be good. The room was spacious, clean and the beds were comfortable. The staff was so friendly and helpful. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Madison.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
gopgenorth, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Madison East, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Thank you Andy for the positive feedback. We take pride at Courtyard Madison East in delivering exceptional service in every department with friendly service. I am glad to hear your party was able to use our complimentary shuttle and our Bistro service.

Thank you again for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of additional assistance, now or in the future. I can be reached by phone at 608-661-8100 or by email at gopgenorth@ncghotels.com.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

the people at the hotel are so very nice, Kayla, Lisa, Crystal, etc. You are all awesome!

I've stayed at this hotel over the past several months on a weekly basis and every time that I visit the hotel, they know me by name and room preference. My only disappointment is that they stopped serving coffee in the morning a number of months ago. While that's a bummer deal, everything else about the hotel is very nice! There are a number of restaurants that are within walking distance and the hotel people will oftentimes give you coupons to one of the local restaurants. I definitely recommend this hotel to others as you're looking for a place to stay for business or personal!

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the elevators
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
gopgenorth, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Madison East, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for the positive feedback. We take pride at Courtyard Madison East in delivering exceptional service in every department with friendly service. As you have seen over the last several months, we have a great team who take care of our guests. While the Courtyard brand has shifted away from complimentary coffee, I hope you have had the chance to enjoy our on-site Starbucks.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stopped here after driving 6 hours through rain and snow. It was close to 10:30 at night by the time we arrived. Check in was fast -and the desk clerk was super nice. The room was a spacious corner room. It had great decor and was nice and clean. Even though the hotel is right off the interstate, once I turned the fan on I couldn't hear anything. Left early in the morning so didn't eat anything there but did pick up coffee and it was good. The hotel is right off the interstate, so it is easy to get to. I would stay here again. I used points to pay for the room so I can't comment on the price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the positive feedback. We take pride at Courtyard Madison East in delivering exceptional service in every department with friendly service and a clean room. I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy Starbucks in our lobby and appreciate the convenient location.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed for one night at the Marriot Courtyard on Nov 1, 2013. I made my reservation a couple of weeks ahead of time since I was scheduled to have LASIK that day next door at TLC Vision. The hotel is literally next door, so convenient! I did phone beforehand a few times to see if I coudl get any early check in (since I did not know when my surgery was scheduled time-wise until a few days before, and you are instructed to sleep immediately after for 3 to 4 hours). The were very kind and receptive to my situation and told me to call the morning of and they would check for me.

We phoned on the way into Madison and also requested a ground floor room and they provided that along with the early check in. Check in was quick, easy and friendly.

The lobby is stylish and comfortable with a 24 hour snack/beverage center and food. Also, ibuprofen at their little snack shop next to the desk---in case I needed it! That evening we did go down to the bar for a glass of wine, or two (celebrate! I could see!!). the wine was a bit high priced, but not out of line for a hotel IMHO. We chatted with the bartender, she was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the selection of food on the menu but decided to do take out as we were thinking along the asian line. The bartender was able to get us a couple of menus to choose from. We also used the free shuttle to run and get a few things that night and the driver was great!

The room was very clean and comfortable, very spacious and the bed was great.

I would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for the positive feedback. We take pride at Courtyard Madison East in delivering exceptional service in every department with friendly service, quality Bistro for breakfast and dinner and a clean room. I am happy to hear that we were able to accomodate your requests of early checkin and first floor. These requests are never too much to ask for.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

After a long cross country trip we were so relieved to have checked in at such a lovely clean hotel.
The check-in person was very thorough and friendly as well. Our room for three had two queen beds and a balcony-- perfection from cleanliness to comfort. Although no breakfast is included in the room rate, there is an onsite bistro available for food and drinks, as well as a large area of substantial snacks to purchase adjacent to the lobby.

We had one problem--a noise disturbance which kept us awake on and off all night. It was a high-pitched sound that we heard intermittently which seemed to come form the heater. On departing the next day, I reported the issue to the manager To my surprise, she stated that they have a 100% guarantee for room satisfaction and she made a generous adjustment to our room rate. I was very impressed by the gracious attitude of the manager and I would certainly return to this Marriott in the future because of the excellent service of the staff and the quality of the hotel.

Room Tip: You may ask for a room with a balcony. There is no extra charge.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Wendy M
gopgenorth, Owner at Courtyard by Marriott Madison East, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for the positive feedback. We take pride at Courtyard Madison East in delivering exceptional service in every department with friendly service, quality breakfast in our Bistro and a clean room. I apologize that you encounted a noise disturbance from other guest but am happy to hear that our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee was used to to make you completely satisfied.