Courtyard by Marriott Madison East
Comfort Inn Madison - Downtown(Madison)(Great Value!)
US$110
Doubletree.com
US$223
US$203
  • Breakfast included
Best Western West Towne Suites(Madison)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$80
US$168
US$145
Agoda.com
All reviewsbistro areabistro foodstarbucks coffeeworkout facilitiesconference roomtwo queen bedsoff the highwayexcellent hotelmini fridgeup to datefront desk personstayed two nightsspacious roomwould definitely stay here againnice staywe've stayedoatmeal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 February 2014

My family and I (husband and two school-age kids) stayed at this hotel for a quick weekend skiing getaway from the Chicagoland area. We drove up on Saturday night and stayed at this hotel before heading a little further north to ski at Cascade "Mountain" for the day. It is right off of the interstate, so it was very easy to find and convenient. We pulled into the parking lot and got a parking spot right in front of the lobby, which is always nice.

Check-in was quick, friendly and efficient. The lobby area is very clean, spacious and well decorated. There are several interactive tvs scattered around the room and restaurant area. We did have breakfast at the restaurant the next day and it was delicious! In fact, I was shocked by how good it was for a hotel/Starbucks combo. Normally, I drink Starbucks coffee regularly but don't find the food to be anything great. The staff was also very friendly and helpful.

The room and bathroom were incredibly clean, spacious and had a nice, modern decor. The bathroom setup was great for a family traveling with kids - the shower and toilet were in a separate, closed area (huge!) and the sink/vanity were out on their own outside of the bathroom door. The toiletries are Paul Mitchell. There was also a little area with a microwave, coffee maker and mini-fridge.

We had two queen beds and they were fine. I've never been in a hotel bed that I would deem to be spectacular, but I've been in plenty that I would say are awful, so by me saying these were fine means that I didn't have anything to complain about. The room also featured an armoire instead of a closet, a desk/dresser combo and a tv.

When we return to the Madison area, we will definitely stay at this hotel again. One last thought, it was fairly inexpensive which is always a bonus!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed at this locatoin for easy access to customers and found this Marriott Couryard met and exceeded my expections. Clean, room temperature was easily controlled, service was great and bistro food options were on target.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stayed at this location this past December. My check in was fast, and the staff was incredibly friendly. The room was great and up to date unlike a lot of places now a days. The room was clean and well kept and the price did not hurt the wallet either

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Clean newer property on Madison's east side with big rooms and great pillows (5) on each of the two queen beds in our room.

The furnishings are new and stylish and they have a large well appointed lobby where their "cafe" is open in the evenings at 5 so you can buy a drink or get something to eat. They also offer breakfast (not included in the room rate).

We stayed in 415-on the top floor and booked the room the same day (don't try this on football weekends!). I don't think it was a very full house so things were on the quiet side which was nice after a long harrowing day driving in the snow.

Bathroom features a shower tub and stool in a larger space. Sink is located outside bathroom door in the room. Room also featured a small refrigerator and a work desk.

All in all a comfy spot to spend the night.

Room Tip: Its always quietest on the top floor - #4 in this case
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JimRiesterer
gopgenorth, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Madison East, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Greetings Jim,

Please let us know if you have any other comments. Thank you again for the feedback and we hope to see you next time you visit Madison.

Best Regards,
Greg Opgenorth

Reviewed 1 January 2014

After living in Chicago for 5 years, the husband and I finally ventured to Madison for a weekend getaway. We chose the Marriott, as we're reward members, and I have to say that I was very pleased with our stay. It is a beautiful and inexpensive hotel with a great bar (which we took advantage of our second night there). The room itself was very clean, the bed was comfy, and there was a nice swivel flat screen. My only qualm is that it was difficult to get the temperature to a nice, comfy level. When we first walked in the room, it was freezing. We had to turn up the temperature to 88 degrees to get it to warm up quickly. Besides this issue, I still recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christi C
gopgenorth, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Madison East, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Greetings Christi,
Thank you for your recent stay while visiting Madison; we also appreciate the valuable feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your clean and comfortable room. We have an energy efficent system to conserve energy while the room is vacant but the room heats up quickly once it is occupied as you experienced.

Best Regards,