“Best Free Park/Zoo ever”
Review of Vilas Park

Vilas Park
Ranked #36 of 101 things to do in Madison
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the shores of Lake Wingra, this park includes the Henry Vilas Zoo, an arboretum and a popular scenic beach.
Reviewed 13 December 2012

It's a great place to spend the day. Lots of open areas, lake with swimming beach and the zoo is right at the park. It's a wonderful zoo and is always having some thing added to it.

There are newer reviews for Vilas Park

Reviewed 24 November 2012

This is a great park to hang out in. I loved all the bridges and my dog had a good time running around. There were flocks of Canada geese hanging out, which were also beautiful. The funny things was we forgot that the zoo was located inside the park...and ya know, we were just hanging out when all of a sudden we heard a lion roar. I swear both me and my dog almost fainted lol. Great fun for us.

Reviewed 8 October 2012

free zoo great place to go when ther is nothing to do around town the only down side is the parking but its going to be busy its free... lot of animals and lots of indoor stuff as well.

1  Thank Rochelle R
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I haven't seen them all, but Vilas Zoo is as good as it could be, and it's totally free. I hope you through a few dollars in the kitty for animal food and salaries, but you'll do it because you want to keep this gem going.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

Thanks the the Vilas family trust, the zoo and Park cannot charge admission. Lunch isn't free, but the animals are. Vilas Park has had some great managers who made the Park a great place for families. A free zoo, a play area, the beach and lagoon...the only thing in short supply is, predictably,parking.

2  Thank MarkHazelbaker