“Very nice venue for sports or other events”
Review of Kohl Center

Kohl Center
Ranked #27 of 107 things to do in Madison
More attraction details
Owner description: Home for the University of Wisconsin Basketball and Hockey teams seats 17,142 for basketball games and between 15,000 and 17,000 for live concerts.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A nicely designed facility, easy to get around, however there are no escalators for the upper levels which can be an issue for those who have trouble with stairs. Limited elevators. Poor access to parking.

All reviews
"nice venue"
in 5 reviews
"site lines"
in 2 reviews
"great place to see a game"
"parking sucks"
"gift shop"
"state street"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The atmosphere for the Illinois-Wisconsin men's basketball game was extremely disappointing, but the arena was new and well kept. It's probably unfair though because the game was during Christmas break during the coldest winter in the Midwest since mammoths lived here. The fans, including the students that were there, seemed mostly disinterested. I had high expectations because I had heard good things about the Kohl Center crowds. I hope I get another chance to seem a game with some more excitement.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

A great venue to watch the high school games. As with all facilities like this the food/drinks were expensive - nothing different than any other arena.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We went to the Big 10 wrestling tournament there, and got great seats with our general admission tickets. I don't think there were any bad seats in the arena. Very nice.

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Enjoyed our time at the Kohl Center for State High School Wrestling Tournaments - great seats, good variety of food, plentiful restrooms.
As a person with knee issues, I found it a bit unfriendly. Having been there before, I decided to take a taxi, as I knew the parking would not be nearby. There are no taxi stands, so I had to be dropped off on the road. Later that night, there was an icy-snow mix, and maneuvering the slope from the Center to the road for my taxi was nerve-wracking. Saw quite a few people slipping. The other issue was the lack of elevators, or at least signage for them.

Been to Kohl Center? Share your experiences!