“Gorgeous any time of the year”

Allen Centennial Gardens
Ranked #16 of 95 things to do in Madison
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus, these public gardens serve as outdoor classrooms in the study and research of plant identification, ecology and site management techniques in horticulture.
Middleton, WI
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Gorgeous any time of the year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

This garden is fantastic. Off the beaten path, full of beauty.

Visited August 2011

• Korean first
San Jose, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Nice place to spend some time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

Beautiful, but left me wanting more. Also, lack of signage made me wonder if I was at the right location. Many lovely photo opportunities. If I go back to Madison I will definitely go back here.

Visited May 2011
Wisconsin
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Awesome venue for a intimate wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

We attended a wedding here and it was such a lovely venue. Seats were set up and arranged prior to our arrival and the grounds are beautiful. Parking was easy and a short walk to the nuptials that was accessible to all ages. The reception was held at another location.

Visited August 2010
joedragyn, Manager at Allen Centennial Gardens, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
We don't have facilities for receptions, just so folks know. I have attended weddings on the Grounds myself as well as staff the grounds while weddings are being held and both the wedding parties and the guests appreciate a special setting. If you are thinking of an outdoor wedding, from our experiences and watching, we highly recommend tents - for heat as well as rain! Your guests will appreciate it.