“Great fresh food at a good price”
Review of La Bamba - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Bamba
Cuisines: Mexican
Forest Park, Illinois
“Great fresh food at a good price”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This little restaurant advertises burritos as big as your head. It should add some of the freshest mexican food you can find. All dishes were plentiful and tasty. They had just the right amount of kick but if you wanted more they have a homemade hot sauce that really does it.

Visited September 2013

Lincolnton, Georgia
“For a Buritto "As Big As Your Head"”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

On a recent stay in Madison, WI we noticed the La Bama Restaurant who had a sign advertising "Buritto's As Big As Your Head!" To be honest Mexican was the last thing I was thinking of until I saw this sign. The sign is responsible for making me crave a Buritto as large as my Head. I could not imagine what that would look like.
I ordered the As Large As Your Head Buritto with Beef and everything else except the hot peppers. Honestly the Buritto was not as Large As My Head, but it was a large Buritto, I had no Complaints. There was a Red (Hot,Hot Sauce) and a Green (Milder Hot Sauce) I had the Green. It was very good. The beverages were self serve and free refills. This Restaurant was very bright and clean inside. The help behind the counter was friendly and helpful but did not seem to have a full grasp on the English Language.
If you are in Madison and want something a little different and quick at a reasonable price, then I would recommend "La Bamba" Mexican Restaurant

• Visited June 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Food is overpriced but good”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The food here is hit or miss depending on what you order. The first time I came here I ordered a quesadilla and I didn’t like it at all. The second two times I came here I ordered a burrito and I really enjoyed it. The only reason I don’t come here frequently is because of the price. I don’t like my burrito with the exact ingredients that are listed on the menu and they charge for every ingredient you add unlike some other authentic Mexican restaurants I’ve been to. The burritos also are rather small for the price you pay.

• Visited February 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Want authentic mexican?”
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Then go where the mexican locals go! My favorite is the steak and chorizo bigger than my head burrito witha side of pickled jalepenos and carrots. A must for a good colon cleansing!
It's nothing fancy inside but the food is worth it! The only drawback is no liquor, it would be nice to wash it all down with a cervasa.

• Visited December 2012