“Good quality diner cooking”

Monty's Blue Plate Diner
Ranked #16 of 995 Restaurants in Madison
Price range: US$6 - US$11
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Monty's Blue Plate Diner serves breakfast all day, every day. Our menu features incredible burgers, sandwiches, salads, vegetarian and vegan selections. Our award-winning pies, cakes, cupcakes and cookies are made from scratch daily.
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Good quality diner cooking”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This is a diner. It offers a variety of dishes, well prepared, generous in quantity with very accommodating service, and reasonable prices.
We had breakfast items but I'd return for dinner to try something like the meat loaf or mac n' cheese. It's locally popular for good reason.

• Visited July 2013

“Glad we ate here!!”
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

We wanted to try this place while visiting here because it had such good reviews on Tripadvisor. I'm so glad we did the food was really good and alot of gluten free options so that was so nice to see that I had several choices!!! Our waitress was a Sweetheart and the service was quick . Overall really good food and service!!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“SO GOOD”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

always delicious. always. have gone three times, and have never been disappointed. and MY GOD, try the gyro. TRY THE GYRO. SO GOOD!

in addition to regular food for regular people, they also offer: vegetarian, vegan, and even gluten free options! WHICH I FIND AMAZING. I eat everything, but my sister is a vegetarian, and she often gets sad about not having enough options. so that is nice. and that food is just as good. quality. nomnom.

• Visited May 2013
“Worth a try”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I like Monty's. I live in Madison and oftern forget that this is one of my options. Over the past 5 years I've eaten here about 5 times. I LOVE the milkshakes. After my last visit I declared them my favorite shakes in all of Madison. There is a lot of diner fare with a "flair". Not just a burger and fries, rather a burger with spinach, goat cheese and fries. Good melts and beer for the beer drinkers.
One of the reasons I don't go here more often is because I may be driving by and see a line or crowd outside waiting to get in. I hate lines. The food is good, but I'm not sure if it's "wait in line" good. As I stated before, I hate lines so there aren't too many restaurants that I'll stand in line for. Other people obviosly think that the wait is worth it.
I've always been happy with the service. It's a fast paced place and it's fun just to watch the hustle and bustle.

Chicago, Illinois
“http://www.montysblueplatediner.com/Menu.aspx”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This place was recommended to me by a friend who had lived in Madison. On this day a friend and I stopped in after running a race in Madison. We were naturally hungry and were glad to be seated immediately. We chose the counter and were waited on by Donovan who provided excellent and friendly service. We were able to watch the cooks crank out the food from our vantage point. I had the spinach, feta, and mushroom omelet with egg whites. That was one serious omelet! Usually when I order those elsewhere they're kind of lacking. This one was thick with egg whites and delicious. The place was a cute and clean classic diner.