“Entertainment and good food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #647 of 975 Restaurants in Madison
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Madison, Wisconsin
“Entertainment and good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We were a party of 7, adults and2 children under 6. The food was plentiful and very good and the flaming onion volcano and the artistry of the chef with juggling spatula and fork were very entertaining. The over all experience was wonderful, but our waitress could use a little extra training.
She forgot to take one of our party's order and we had a birthday in the group which she also forgot so we did not get a happy birthday dessert nor a chorus of happy birthday.

• Visited August 2013

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Fun Place to Eat ... and the Kids Loved It”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

It was my granddaughter's 7th birthday and that called for a special event. Well, dinner at the Ginza on Odana was the choice. I was not impressed as we entered and found to get to the restaurant, you have to go through the bar, and there were some "regulars" enjoying the saki. Our party was three adults, the birthday girl and her two younger brothers. After a brief wait, we were taken to our "table," where a young couple was already seated. They were celebrating a birthday, too. Not sure they were that happy to see all of us, but as we settled in, things got going. We all sat around the cooking stove and our cook put on an outstanding show ---flipping forks, juggling eggs, flambe explosions (under control), spearing lemons and cooking all our our food. It was great! The kids had a super time, the food was more than we could eat and excellent, and it ended with a round of Happy Birthday singing. I was doubtful as we walked in, but left a very happy grandfather!

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“A Great Experience Every Time We Go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

My and my better half were there celebrating a birthday because its the only place where they can get sushi and I can still find something to eat. I'm not a huge fan of Asian food, but I love going here. We had a hibachi table. We had to wait quite a bit (they said 5-10, more like 20-25) for a hibachi table, but between following a large party and the time, that was to be expected and I knew that wasn't the norm. Our chef was amazing, the food was excellent as always. My better half (whose birthday it was) was quite content. I had a hibachi steak and shrimp dish that was just perfection. Am definitely going back. My only word of warning:watch out for the drink prices. A captain and coke paired with my diet cock was over $9.

• Visited March 2013
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
“Some things shouldn't change...we like it just the way it is.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

We were a party of 7, celebrating a birthday. We were pleased to have our own hibatchi table.
Yes, the place is on the small side in a strip mall. And yes, the decor is dark wood and hasn't changed since the place opened. But, it still serves great food and offers a dining experience not found elsewhere. Our chef was very friendly and his "show" was just enough. We will be back.

• Visited March 2013
Racine, Wisconsin
“Average. That's about it...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

Eight friends and myself visited Ginza for our first time on Friday, Jan 25th. I had made a reservation for hibachi two weeks before hand cause I knew we were going to have a big party. I made sure that when I asked for a table that we would be able to fit comfortably with our big group. Once we got seated, we fit well around the table, until they sat two more people with us that we didn't know. We then had to squeeze in tight, making it really hard for our group to talk across the table without bothering the other two strangers.

The waitress was really flighty and obviously swamped with other patrons. We ordered drinks and she brought one too many of one kind and not one of another. Also, when she brought our check, there was a charge on everyone's for around $2.00. It was for the fried rice. The menu didn't mention it, it only mentioned that there was an up-charge for steak fried rice. Yes, its only $2.00, but it should be listed.

The hibahchi was good. I had garlic shrimp, calamari and scallops and it was delicious. I split it with a friend so it was the perfect amount of food. We also ordered a tuna roll that was just so-so.

The decor is the only other thing that I really noticed. Its old and dirty and really needs to be updated. It looks like its straight out of the 70's.

Otherwise, an overall good evening. Wouldn't need to go back though, I've had better hibachi elsewhere.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Been to Ginza of Tokyo? Share your experiences!